• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
I can't decide if I want to buy Legendary on Steam or not :(

izTjuSpDGj03e.jpg

Me neither. What are the chances that it's going to be in the sale? I'm alt tabbing between gaf and steam right now and I'm seriously contemplating just buying it.

Since episodes are still being released I would say probably not very high chances. But stranger things have happened.

So, what are some good Civ 5 Workshop items for someone who hasn't played the game? I got the extra Info one, and one that adds a clock in game.

The most popular mod is NIGHTS which is a full conversion of Civ V Vanilla, doesn't work with Gods & Kings. I've downloaded the culture creep mod, where borders can errod and flip to the civ with the superior culture, but it's too damned slow. I've also grabbed the full WWII war game conversion but have yet to give it a shot.

I get the same. The Mac Steam client just seems kinda crunchy, usually I just try again and again until it works.

I get lots of 'accidentally select everything in the window' and blank screens when trying to view achievements, too. I figured it was 'normal'.

The Mac Steam client is due for an update.. filled with bugs on my end. It's sad to think they'll probably never bother to include Retina support... :(

Right now the biggest bug on the Mac version for me is that it won't register my clicks on the drop-down menus unless the Steam App is in the background. Hard to explain, but any Mac Steam users know what I'm talking about.

iNvid02

Welcome to PC Gaming where this kind of shit still happens, albeit with less frequency these days.

I think people sometimes forget steam is just another form of drm, and as with all drm it will fuck up sometimes

I'm not trying to excuse it (I couldn't play anything when my net went out because offline mode wouldn't work), shit is unacceptable at times, but you have to remember what steam really is.

Smash88

Banned
w5GTy.jpg

Random sale pack, ends July 12th, which is a Thursday. Which is weird because packs ending July 12th (Thursday) never happen.

Steam sale is 100% happening July 12th.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Everything Codemasters seems to be 25% off, which is kind of lame. You don't even save by buying a bundle vs separately. Nonetheless.

w5GTy.jpg

Random sale pack, ends July 12th, which is a Thursday. Which is weird because packs ending July 12th (Thursday) never happen.

Fuel is actually really awesome to just drive around in.. would recommend it to anyone for a few dollars. It's GFWL though, and did give me a hard time setting up online/installing mandatory patches.

Nelo Ice

Banned
For the record your looking like the biggest bad guy in all this.

Yeah tbh this could have all been resolved so much easier without the mess we have now. If he didn't want people posting about the Amazon sale here then just say ok guys can you guys please move all all discussion to *link to thread*. Then instead of publicly ranting on Tony he could have easily PM"d a mod or Tony himself. If that was the case no one's mad, situation is resolved cleanly we go back to discussing deals and whatever it is that Steam is doing.

All I've learned now is its suddenly a massive problem discussing a non steam sale with steam games and now we can't post or link anything for a whole sale if it includes even a hint of non steam games.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah tbh this could have all been resolved so much easier without the mess we have now. If he didn't want people posting about Amazon sale here then just say ok guys can you guys please move all all discussion to *link to thread*. Then instead of publicly ranting on Tony he could have easily PM"d a mod or Tony himself. If that was the case no one's mad, situation is resolved cleanly we go back to discussing deals and whatever it is that Steam is doing.

Exactly. Damage is done now i guess, let the mods lay down the ground rules tomorrow i suppose.

Tess3ract

Banned
w5GTy.jpg

That's a great de- oh wait I already own everything in that pack.

#FIRSTWORLDSTEAMPROBLEMS

1-D_FTW

Yeah tbh this could have all been resolved so much easier without the mess we have now. If he didn't want people posting about Amazon sale here then just say ok guys can you guys please move all all discussion to *link to thread*. Then instead of publicly ranting on Tony he could have easily PM"d a mod or Tony himself. If that was the case no one's mad, situation is resolved cleanly we go back to discussing deals and whatever it is that Steam is doing.

The weird thing is, people ALWAYS post Steam compatible titles in this thread. And people are grateful for the heads up. This is just the source doing it. So don't understand this backlash at all. And definitely don't care for the presumptuousness of saying the "Steam neogaf chat" group talked it over and decided they didn't want it. Who the heck is that? They sure don't speak for me.

Joe Molotov

lol, that Codemasters pack is a pretty crappy sale. Pretty sure those games were like $5 each or $15 for the pack two years ago.

Blizzard

Banned
Man, I'm starting to loathe Steam. The last couple weeks I use up all my gaming time just getting it to launch a game.
Because a specific game is giving you problems, or because you're getting Steam messages about the servers being too busy? The only game I've seen the latter problem with was TF2 right when an update was happening, recently.

If your problems have been with specific games, some people might be able to help you out, so don't hesitate to speak up. :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
The weird thing is, people ALWAYS post Steam compatible titles in this thread. And people are grateful for the heads up. This is just the source doing it. So don't understand this backlash at all. And definitely don't care for the presumptuousness of saying the "Steam neogaf chat" group talked it over and decided they didn't want it. Who the heck is that? They sure don't speak for me.

Yeah before that post there was only really drive by posters randomly trolling for some reason. Then all of a sudden Tony's barred from posting here. Also from the sounds of it only other members that aren't Tony can post lists of deals but Tony has to comply with the new rule of editing his post to ONLY include deals for steam games.

Salsa

that terribly priced racing pack remind me of that one time when people were using Dirt 3 as currency after that whole giveaway thing

rofl

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it at all possible to get games that launch through Origin (e.g. Syndicate) to work with the Steam Overlay?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Is it at all possible to get games that launch through Origin (e.g. Syndicate) to work with the Steam Overlay?

Yeah launch Origin.exe through Steam and disable Origin in game. Should work that way since thats how I play BF3 with the overlay.

chixdiggit

While I wait for the Steam Summer sale to buy more games for my backlog, I buy a bunch of games off Amazon and just keep playing TF2 instead of working on the backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom