• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
As is the cycle.

The circle of life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life
♫♫

wyqgw.jpg

Lancehead

Its not an investment then, its a simple purchase like any other product.

Would you say buying an ice cream is an investment?

Investment yields pay-off over a period of time, and where a "gain" against spending would be had. In a "simple purchase" there's an equivalence of commodities exchanged.

Yeah thing is it was not a problem until Tony posted. As soon as he posted all of a sudden theres a rule that you can only post steam code sales and anything else is unacceptable. And again thread was going fine until the post that was clearly going to start an argument and I posted earlier how it could have easily been avoided instead of the mess we have now.

Setting aside the ignorant comments directed towards Tony, it's not hard to see why some people would have objections to Tony posting about deals on non-Steam games. Unless I'm very mistaken, interacting with GAF and other forums promoting Amazon deals is part of Tony's job, and that carries with it, in the eyes of many, some qualifications.

For example, I can come here and say that Steam customer support is bad. However, Tony wouldn't say that, and I wouldn't expect him to. That is simply because of who he represents. So if some think that Tony promoting deals on non-Steam games in the Steam thread is "out of place", that shouldn't be viewed as unreasonable or hateful. He doesn't need to say something negative about a competitor to be viewed as "out of place", either. And comparing him to others who post non-Steam stuff is not appropriate because regular forum posters don't represent a company in an official capacity.

Personally, I think Tony's excellent with his support and interaction, and I would have no problem with him talk about non-Steam deals or just games in general, but I can see why there might be objections.

Anyone knows if Payday will be cheaper in the Steamsale than in the Amazon-Sale?

Would be nice, since I am from Germany and its a bit hard to buy from amazon.com from here.

anddo0

Anyone knows if Payday will be cheaper in the Steamsale than in the Amazon-Sale?

Would be nice, since I am from Germany and its a bit hard to buy from amazon.com from here.

lower than $4.99 US? Doubtful. I think they'll likely match it, if they start going lower than Amazon, then the next two weeks is going to be fun to watch.

I'm happy to wait for the Steam sales. It'll be worth it. Good on Amazon for getting in first but I'm sure Valve aren't worried in the slightest.

whyman

I can feel it! Today is the day!

Please?

Really saving alot of my summer fun money for a sale that will never come is starting to feel stupid. : /

Jedi2016

I'm going to be very surprised if it doesn't start today. Today's the 4th.. that they've even got part of the day without a sale is surprising.. if they don't kick off the sale at noon, I'm totally going to facepalm. Believe me, I'll do it.

sazzy

I'm going to be very surprised if it doesn't start today. Today's the 4th.. that they've even got part of the day without a sale is surprising.. if they don't kick off the sale at noon, I'm totally going to facepalm. Believe me, I'll do it.

Why wait? Just facepalm now.

Yobalt

They started a midweek sale yesterday and midweek sales stop at thursday.

So unless they want to cut the midweek sale short I think it is going to be thursday. Or later. Or never.

PaulLFC

They started a midweek sale yesterday and midweek sales stop at thursday.

So unless they want to cut the midweek sale short I think it is going to be thursday. Or later. Or never.
They had midweek madness during a previous big sale IIRC.

Do companies and retailers usually have sales for July 4th in the US? If they do I'd say it's quite likely we could see the Steam sale today. More packs are being added constantly, I think there's just THQ, 2K and Rockstar to go now (maybe some EA packs, but I'm not holding my breath on that one).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Could someone please start a Thread for this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfc4bAiByM&feature=player_embedded

Star Wars Battlefront III (1 Hour of Footage)

It was already posted by Borman himself, albeit in another thread (he made one to occasionally bump with new footage):

Hey everyone, I've been posting a ton of Battlefront III videos since this original post, but just tonight I posted over 1 hour of new footage of the game. Always willing to hear any former employee's opinions, just send me a PM!

http://ptoponline.com/?p=301

1-D_FTW

Because Steam has followed all conventional wisdom in the past? We can only postulate any sort of guess. As the "last Thursday of June" theory had shown.

Yes. But there's always been leaks and hints too. We've been getting those for a while. And they're all about the 12th.

There's enough evidence compiled that it's about time for Stump to enter and start asking if anyone wants to bet:)

I just had my 4th of July vision, and it says Trine 2 is going to be the sale today.

Let's try this again:

Am I the only one here who thinks that the only two possible dates for a summer sale are Thursday, 10am PST (time when the Weekend Special usually starts) or Monday, 10am PST (when it ends). Maybe even Tuesday, 10am PST (Midweek Madness)? I'm talking any given Tue, Thu or Mon, not tomorrow, etc.
Why would Valve start a Summer Sale in the middle of any of the aforementioned sales? It would seriously piss off any pub/dev who's game is currently on that particular sale (and I doubt Valve would do that).
Unless someone can prove if there was a situation like this in any of the previous sales (Summer, Autumn, Winter, ...)?

I get that GAF is excited about a potential sale on Tue, Thu or Mon, but every.single.day? C'mon folks. A bit of reason... )

:shield up:

LuffyZoro

Let's try this again:

Am I the only one here who thinks that the only two possible dates for a summer sale are Thursday, 10am PST (time when the Weekend Special usually starts) or Monday, 10am PST (when it ends). Maybe even Tuesday, 10am PST (Midweek Madness)? I'm talking any given Tue, Thu or Mon, not tomorrow, etc.
Why would Valve start a Summer Sale in the middle of any of the aforementioned sales? It would seriously piss off any pub/dev who's game is currently on that particular sale (and I doubt Valve would do that).
Unless someone can prove if there was a situation like this in any of the previous sales (Summer, Autumn, Winter, ...)?

I get that GAF is excited about a potential sale on Tue, Thu or Mon, but every.single.day? C'mon folks. A bit of reason... )

You just gotta #believe!

Let's try this again:

And why exactly do you think anybody is serious?

*looks at last few pages*

Yeah I have no fucking clue either.

Jimrpg

anyone bought a computer recently (like a retina macbook) and itching for these sales?

i did... plus i didn't have a PC for like 5 or 6 years... i wanna get Just Cause 2, ridge racer unbounded and some other stuff to really push my new computer....

waiting for the sales is so frustrating... oh well back to my old steam games like civ 4

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Let's try this again:

ojuLC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom