• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

HEY EVERYBODY TONY BE GIVING AWAY FREE SHIT

stampede.jpg

Is all I saw :p

Damn, lol. Now THAT would get me to play and review a game I have no interest in atm, haha. Don't you dare not to follow up with a review kswiston! Convince me I need to buy it! :p

Hey guys...so Spec Ops: The Line. Is it a good game or is it just a Dubai Gears of war? I'm really wondering here.

Lol, what you did there Megasoum, I see it :). Waiting to hear back from kswiston!

Cheers,
Tony

Salsa

Tell you what, if you promise to download, play, and then come back and tell the rest of 'Gaf what you think about it before 7/7 (so people know before next weekend) I will PM you a key for it right now.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,
Tony

Disclaimer, I'll be buying this key personally so this is not an Amazon giveaway type thing

Id totes do this ton-bro

I'd actually buy it if someone wants $10 in paypal in exchange for it, so im putting that out there (only way I can buy it from the amazon overlords)

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I think Binary Domain is really enjoyable, but the gameplay is exactly like Gears of War. I didn't like Gears of War because of its bland military characters, bland aliens invade story, and bland caves and war torn environments and so Binary Domain worked out great for me because those things are its strong points.

They could have done better then the find cover and shoot until your screen turns red then stop and wait until you screen turns normal, and then shoot again, but thats what shooters are today. At least they have a lot of crazy boss fights and random one off gameplay segments that really mix up the action.

Basically if you can stand any sort of cover based shooter and want a fun, unpredictable summer blockbuster movie type of game to play for 8 hours, then Binary Domain for 10 dollars is a great deal.

Salsa

So. Max Payne 3. Is it lauded on GAF because it is a more Western Vanquish, or because it is legitimately good? Would I like it if I disliked vanquis? I am not completely against third-person shooters (I liked Lost Planet, Uncharted, etc). Vanquish just rubbed me the wrong way (really enjoyed Bulletstorm though).

you got beaten at your own lame ass joke

Pulled the trigger on Red Alert 3. I'm down to $10 in my Steam Wallet. Sure hope the sale gets here soon or I won't have anything left.

Must. Hold. Out. A. Little. Longer.

1-D_FTW

Looking forward to seeing the review then. Because I used to love Nagoshi games and the gaf praise for the game was off the hook, but the demo completely turned me off. Big time. It did seem like a second rate GoW knockoff (or maybe it was first rate. I hate GoW and wouldn't know what was a great clone and what was second rate).

EDIT: Seeing some of those further impressions leads me to believe my instincts were right. Still curious if I can be swayed. But I doubt it.

Hey guys...so Spec Ops: The Line. Is it a good game or is it just a Dubai Gears of war? I'm really wondering here.

I had absolutely zero interest in it, writing it off as just another shooting foreigners while using ludicrously expensive US military/industrial equipment FPS until I read the RPS review and am now pretty interested in playing it (after a massive discount in 6 months time admittedly)

kswiston

Tell you what, if you promise to download, play, and then come back and tell the rest of 'Gaf what you think about it before 7/7 (so people know before next weekend) I will PM you a key for it right now.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,
Tony

Disclaimer, I'll be buying this key personally so this is not an Amazon giveaway type thing

Deal.

If I like the game, I will pay your generosity forward.

EDIT: actually, I will do so either way. If I don't like the game, I will just choose something I do like to gift.

Giran

Any first impressions on Endless Space? It gives me some Imperium Galactica vibes, which is great, but so does Legends of Pegasus. Plus having a campaign is a big plus for me. I'm tempted to wait until that game comes out and see which on is better.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have a good feeling about Spec Ops but not about Binary Domain. I have their demos. I should probably play them.

Looking forward to seeing the review then. Because I used to love Nagoshi games and the gaf praise for the game was off the hook, but the demo completely turned me off. Big time. It did seem like a second rate GoW knockoff (or maybe it was first rate. I hate GoW and wouldn't know what was a great clone and what was second rate).

EDIT: Seeing some of those further impressions leads me to believe my instincts were right. Still curious if I can be swayed. But I doubt it.

Deal.

If I like the game, I will pay your generosity forward.

EDIT: actually, I will do so either way. If I don't like the game, I will just choose something I do like to gift.

I just PMed you both keys for Binary Domain, sounds like a game that should be played, at least in part, with another person for the full experience. No obligation to friend each other and play, but it might be cool to get the multiplayer perspective too.

Excited to see what you guys come back with.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI: I don't do stuff like this often, because it is out of pocket for me, but I'm always down to see how the community reacts to new stuff. Happy 4th of July everyone (everyone who cares it is the 4th of July that is).

kswiston

Thanks Tony. How Long to Beat tells me the game is 8-10 hours. Will try to get it finished and reviewed by Friday.

Like I said, if this ends up being a game I feel is worth the $10, I'll buy a key myself and give it away to GAF. If not I'll choose something else.

Pharoah

"Magical Drop V is coming to Steam later this summer."

It just got updated in the registry like yesterday, I'm guessing it's pretty close. It's being done by Arkedo and Golgoth Studio, I visited the Golgoth site and apparantly that Toki remake they're doing is also still happening.

No it's not. Arkedo did not make this game. We helped at the very beginning, years ago, from prototype to alpha. No idea what it has become.

I think I'll wait for the results of this "experiment" before I buy Binary Domain or not. Definitely intersted, but not convinced that it's a good game yet.

Spazo

Binary Domain
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Supreme Commander 2
Kane and Lynch 2
Just Cause 2
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Red Alert 3

All that for 23 bucks!! Gota love sales !!

ctrayne

Binary Domain is ridiculous and totally lovable. Great cast, goofy plot, solid action, crazy locations. Innovative it is not - fun it is.

Freezard

I'm a big fan of the C&C series and I just bought RA3: Uprising since it's the only game I haven't played. I would say the C&C3 games are the best ones on Steam but honestly RA3 isn't that far back. It's got an amazing two player campaign that I had a lot of fun with, and the classic real acting cutscenes are actually the best in a long time (much better than in C&C3/4). My only disappointment in the game is that there are barely any classic RA units; most are new or updated versions, and the Japanese feels a bit out of place. However, there's a total conversion mod that brings back the old units, although I have yet to try it.

Uprising does not feature any co-op for some reason, but it has a few new campaigns with the same style of cutscenes so I'm looking forward to playing it :) And yeah, C&C4 is not that great but at least it has co-op campaigns as well, although they are really, really short. Only buy it if you have played the others already, I'd say.

Wazzim

Banned
Got Red Alert because why not.

Talking about the Summer Sale, I just want it to be behind us already. I really hate spending my money and am kinda not looking forward to it (hate/love).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Installing Boot Camp on my MBA because I'm travelling and still want to be able to get achievements when the summer sale starts. How embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom