• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Binary Domain. Is it lauded on GAF because it is a more Japanese Gears of War, or because it is legitimately good? Would I like it if I disliked gears? I am not completely against third-person shooters (I liked Max Payne, Uncharted, etc). Gears just rubbed me the wrong way (really enjoyed Bulletstorm though).
I'll give you 3 reasons why you should buy:

ibrahwbxUByQhU.gif

ib1MlU9wk86bZt.gif

i8CcPTNlZAMxW.gif

Dibbz

I can get Max Payne 3 for £20 but am wondering if I should wait for the steam sales to hit. Does anyone think that MP3 will probably go for a lot less than that on Steam? I know you guys don't know what prices etc to expect but I've never bought anything from Steam sales before so I have no idea how much they cut on new titles. Are they generally the cheapest prices around when they do sales or should I just bite now?

gdt

I can get Max Payne 3 for £20 but am wondering if I should wait for the steam sales to hit. Does anyone think that MP3 will probably go for a lot less than that on Steam? I know you guys don't know what prices etc to expect but I've never bought anything from Steam sales before so I have no idea how much they cut on new titles. Are they generally the cheapest prices around when they do sales or should I just bite now?

Most of use were HOPING for MP3 to hit 33% off, kind of expecting 25%. 50% off is a huge deal, if you want to play it right NAO.

Loving it so far btw, just took me a bit to get used to it. Max moves a little too slow, however.

Amazing pc version btw, hopefully all RS efforts are like this from now on, GTV included.

Edit: But yeah, at best, and I reallllllllllllllly doubt that they would, it'll also be 50% off on Steam.

1-D_FTW

I just PMed you both keys for Binary Domain, sounds like a game that should be played, at least in part, with another person for the full experience. No obligation to friend each other and play, but it might be cool to get the multiplayer perspective too.

Excited to see what you guys come back with.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI: I don't do stuff like this often, because it is out of pocket for me, but I'm always down to see how the community reacts to new stuff. Happy 4th of July everyone (everyone who cares it is the 4th of July that is).

I've already PMed back and forth, but first time I've checked in this thread and wanted to thank you again for the gesture.

For everyone else, I declined the awesome gesture and explained how I didn't feel I'd have time to play the game before the 7th ended. And if I did force myself to, I'd be looking for excuses to quit. So I thanked him and suggested he find someone more able to appreciate the gesture.

Salsa

I've already PMed back and forth, but first time I've checked in this thread and wanted to thank you again for the gesture.

For everyone else, I declined the awesome gesture and explained how I didn't feel I'd have time to play the game before the 7th ended. And if I did force myself to, I'd be looking for excuses to quit. So I thanked him and suggested he find someone more able to appreciate the gesture.

ton bro gave the key to me, will try my hardest to finish it before the 7th and I'll post my thoughts here. Really appreciate it since I couldnt get the deal!

Is it bad that, in my head when I read your posts, I just picture your avatar talking to me?

It makes for very odd reading...

Cheers,
Tony

That's cool, I just imagine the amazon cant-unsee mouth opening up and down

Bought Binary Domain and it has the exact same problem with Optimus as Sonic Generations did...apparently the port was done by the same guys too, god damn it

Blind bought is last night based on gaf hype (also wanted to support Tony lol) and played for a couple of hours and am really enjoying it so far. Nice surprise.
I had bought a retail copy at launch.

Double dipped on the steam activatable version from AMAZON. it's only 10 bucks!? I could probably trade in my PC copy for more than that lol.

Salsa

PAM is probably the worst game I've ever purchased as part of Valve's shenanigans. I thought it'd be something like the PS3 MotorStorm games :/

Man I played like way too many (that being something around 10) games of this with a couple friends after I joke-bought a 4-pack for them.

So bad, yet so hilarious to play considering there's absolutely 0 balance to it and terrible physics/handling/etc. Laughing through voicechat the whole way.

worth it

TheNatural

My Member!
Since the sale is indefinite, a quick question for people. Anyone have any favorite Steam sale gems you purchased for like $2 and under (or average in a 'bundle') that you played the shit out of and enjoyed for basically nothing in a previous sale?

Ghost Master is a really cool game I played a lot of in the past and got it when it was like all of $1.

Since the sale is indefinite, a quick question for people. Anyone have any favorite Steam sale gems you purchased for like $2 and under (or average in a 'bundle') that you played the shit out of and enjoyed for basically nothing in a previous sale?

Ghost Master is a really cool game I played a lot of in the past and got it when it was like all of $1.

The first Midnight Mysteries was like that for me. I got it extremely cheap, figured it'd be something I play for a few minutes and pass over, but I ended up finishing it in one sitting. Wasn't expecting to get immersed into it like that.

Salsa

I got Dirt 3 for nothing (as did all of GAF) and loved it up until GFWL deleted my save and I never played it again.

other than that, cant really think of going that deep with a below $2 purchase

I got KOTOR when Steam gave it away for signing up a new account...best free game ever...fact.

Cheers,
Tony

Nabs

Titan Quest Gold for $5 bucks = 35 hours of co-op goodness. That's definitely up there in my favorite cheap buys.

I guess if we're talking under $2, I'd go with Dirt 3 for free. We played about 15 or so hours in multiplayer that first week or two.

Salsa

so, echoing previous questions: should I go into Binary Domain with a controller or keyboard?

also, im still bummed out that Vinny kinda spoiled the ending in the bombcast
said it involved a suicide (not who's), and went into details on how the scene played out.. is it THAT bad of a spoiler or should I still be able to enjoy the story?
, but oh well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Absolutely Fortix 2, which is the best Qixalike I've ever played!

Cheapest game I bought off steam was caster.
Yeah that shit gave me buyers remorse :/

That was, in fact, one of the worst games of all time...

How is Swat 4 not on steam? I felt like playing the Stetchkov Syndicate expansion and.....no Swat 4. Disappointing:(

I'm pretty sure Swat 4 is stuck in licensing hell along with some other gems that will likely never see the light of DD day.

Cheers,
Tony

Game Guru

Bejeweled... I bought the original Bejeweled for a buck and it has become one of my favorite puzzle games. Apparently, I love PC puzzle games more than console puzzle games. I never knew that about myself before playing Bejeweled.

Who's That Flying was on sale for $2 or so I think. Great little game.

Twinduct

That was, in fact, one of the worst games of all time...

Cheers,
Tony

The problem was that you feel weird trying to objectively bash the game. Like there is this constant reminder of 'It's not that bad ... for 1 Dollar'. But the more I played, the more annoyed I got. And after 40 mins, I just deleted it and took a long stare into the mirror, just having discontent staring back at me :/

I'm pretty sure Swat 4 is stuck in licensing hell along with some other gems that will likely never see the light of DD day.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, I figured that. The one thing great about DD is that when you get a urge to play a certain game within minutes you can purchase it and practically play it and sladly in this case it has it's drawbacks, licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom