• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Er, in Pixeljunk Eden is there a way to reset your controller config to default? I opened up the "config buttons" option to see what they did, but there's no way to back out of that menu without resetting all of the buttons, so now my controller settings are hosed. I can't find a menu option or a config file to delete and this is annoying.

edit: Fucking great, my messed up settings are saved to the cloud so reinstalling doesn't fix things. God damnit Q.

Could someone please tell me what the default button settings are in Eden so I can fix this nonsense? It's so aggravating that someone would set up their controller config like this, and that Valve doesn't provide a method to delete cloud saves.

edit2: Managed to reset my settings by resyncing with the Cloud using the method described here. Kind of an unexpected mess, but at least there's a shenanigan or two available to fuck with Steam Cloud's cache until Valve mans up and gives us some decent management options.

1-D_FTW

Finally started playing Tomb Raider Legends and I need to vent!

Loving the game, but that first boss battle is every reason I fucking hate boss battles rolled into one. I just can't get the fucker to register hits into the spikes. It's happened one time (and you need three). I really wish games just gave you a button that could let you skip bosses. They're stupid and convoluted.

And if you are gonna make me fight bosses, let me fight the stupid things. Don't make there be only one way for damage to occur. And if you do only have there be one way for damage to occur, how about you have some decent fucking collision detection so I don't have to constantly stare at the slow motion shot of the boss running into the spikes, but the spikes not "crumbling" into pieces. This just confirms I did what you wanted, but your jank ass shit didn't register.

The game is so awesome in 3D (I've been holding off to play them that way). But FFS, I hope this isn't an indicator of how the rest of the bosses are going to be.

EDIT: I quit. I'm gonna break something if I see that stupid dinosaur adrenaline rush into spikes and nothing happen one more time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There is a boss in the England level later on that kinda has that issue, but none of them are very difficult once you know what to do. The only bit I struggled with was the speedrun of the final boss which is on hard IIRC.

1-D_FTW

There is a boss in the England level later on that kinda has that issue, but none of them are very difficult once you know what to do. The only bit I struggled with was the speedrun of the final boss which is on hard IIRC.

I'm at a complete loss here. I just went and watched a Youtube video and went and gave it another go. Same thing. I've gone from rage to indifference and defeat. Seeing him plow into spikes for the 100th time and nothing happening will do that. I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow, but I had the same issue yesterday (and though a new day would solve things).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm at a complete loss here. I just went and watched a Youtube video and went and gave it another go. Same thing. I've gone from rage to indifference and defeat. Seeing him plow into spikes for the 100th time and nothing happening will do that. I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow, but I had the same issue yesterday (and though a new day would solve things).

Is it the England boss you are referring to?

1-D_FTW

Is it the England boss you are referring to?

Finally beat it. Reading through those youtube comments made me realize you could beat him without impaling him. It required you to squeeze the trigger a thousand times, but it could be done.

I'd just unload my pistol into him, dive to the side when he raged, and then run to the other side of the canyon. By the time he regained his cool and charged to the other side, I'd have him in a rage again. Rinse and repeat 50 or so times.

Nabs

It looks like Rocksmith (and DLC) is coming to Steam later this year.

Vindictus is def coming to Steam. An entry for beta keys was recently added.

Salsa

... how was I completely oblivious to Krater? I knew it was from FatShark so I was cassually optimistic about it but I never bothered to see a gameplay video.. this looks fucking great..

Sarcasm

So..I am having this happen.

I had Civ5 installed for a logn time. I played it about a month ago. I log in to steam today and at the bottom I see a download starts. I go check and its Civ5..I was like hey a patch. I go check and it says preload and its 3GB+..

So what exactly am I preloading?

Aselith

I had Civ5 installed for a logn time. I played it about a month ago. I log in to steam today and at the bottom I see a download starts. I go check and its Civ5..I was like hey a patch. I go check and it says preload and its 3GB+..

Did you preorder the expansion?

I noticed in the registry that Deponia was added, which is a point-and-click adventure by the people who did The Whispered World.

Deponia_Screenshot_02.png

Just want to pop in to say that Crusader Kings II is enthralling. There's a real high barrier to entry here, but if you're willing to learn the game... wow.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Maybe stuff for the expansion, most likely they have to change a bunch of game files to allow for the Steam workshop integration.

Patch notes:

[MODDING]

- Steam Workshop enabled.
- DLL swapping is now possible in-game.
- Updated mod browser to utilize Steam Workshop.
- Font Icons are now moddable.
- Unit art is now fully moddable.
- Mods are now activated the moment you click "Next" on the mods browser rather than when you click "Single Player."

[ADVISORS & TUTORIALS]

- Improved the queuing and prioritization of advisor pop-ups.
- Unique advisor portraits per era now show up for the advisor counsel screens and advisor info screens.
- Adjusted advisor levels down a bit so that experienced users won't see so many tutorials.
- Fixed several issues with the Tutorials.
- When selecting "Learn as you play," all tutorial messages are now enabled despite having your options set to "No Advisors."

[MULTIPLAYER]

- When switching players in hotseat, have the new players existing notifications rebroadcast to them. This allows the player to see non-expired notifications such as deal proposals.
- Fix Diplomacy Deals in Hotseat.
- Add a few multiplayer error messages to let the player know what went wrong (disconnects, gets booted, etc.).
- Add invite button to in-game view. (This brings up the Steam Invite list, which is different from the Shift-TAB overlay).

[UI]

- Main Menu now contains an option to activate/deactivate specific DLCs.
- Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay.
- Options menu now contains "Skip intro video."
- New Loading screens have been implemented.
- Diplomacy: Disabled modifiers for trying to win the same way.
- Diplomacy: Layout changes to diplo modifiers for better readability and more information.
- Mods and DLC used in a game are now stored in the Hall of Fame database (Only games which match currently active DLC are displayed in the Hall of Fame).
- The "Time Spent" message now displays in the saved replays.
- Load Replay Menu now defaults to "Sort by Last Modified."
- Added a "Retire" button to the game menu.

[GENERAL]

- In some cases, previous saves may not work correctly after updating.
- Several text bugs fixed (in all languages).
- Prevent escape from being used when a leader requests a luxury resource from you.
- Social policies may not be unlocked unless the player has founded at least 1 city.

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm new to PC gaming and Steam, so...

How do I uninstall a game, but leave it up in my library (grayed out)? I went to one game and deleted the content under the right-click options, but it completely deleted it from the library rather than simply uninstalling.

ShaneB

I noticed in the registry that Deponia was added, which is a point-and-click adventure by the people who did The Whispered World.

This wasn't on my radar at all really, but that trailer looks so awesome, another great game from Daedalic. I'm really excited for 'The Dark Eye:Chains of Satinav" as well from Daedalic, which apparently releases next week.

This is going to sound stupid, but I'm new to PC gaming and Steam, so...

How do I uninstall a game, but leave it up in my library (grayed out)? I went to one game and deleted the content under the right-click options, but it completely deleted it from the library rather than simply uninstalling.

Sounds like you've got your library to display just installed games :) There's a pulldown menu right next to search, just change that to 'all games'

jediyoshi

I'm guessing you just changed the sorting at some point and didn't realize it. While in detail view of the library, click on the drop down arrow near the search bar on the top left and select all games. Or you may be talking about a free to play game which do normally just disappear when you uninstall them.

This wasn't on my radar at all really, but that trailer looks so awesome, another great game from Daedalic. I'm really excited for 'The Dark Eye:Chains of Satinav" as well from Daedalic, which apparently releases next week.

Awesome. I forgot all about that one. Do you know if it'll be on Steam?

I'm guessing you just changed the sorting at some point and didn't realize it. While in detail view of the library, click on the drop down arrow near the search bar on the top left and select all games. Or you may be talking about a free to play game which do normally just disappear when you uninstall them.

Just tried it, yeah you're right. Thanks man. It was a non-Steam game.

Awesome. I forgot all about that one. Do you know if it'll be on Steam?

Yeah, it's hitting Steam alongside Deponia.

"The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav” reached gold status. Daedalic Entertainment and Deep Silver successfully completed the development and test phase. The game will be released on June 22nd and is available as a retail box in selected countries as well as on steam worldwide."

it hit the registry a while ago

Yeah, it's hitting Steam alongside Deponia.

"The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav” reached gold status. Daedalic Entertainment and Deep Silver successfully completed the development and test phase. The game will be released on June 22nd and is available as a retail box in selected countries as well as on steam worldwide."

Whoa, nice. So three of their games will be on Steam.

Yeah looks like a turn around in opinion about Daedalic, long gone are the days when Valve where basically ignoring their e-mails. They presented A New Beginning 3 times to Valve, with no reply/refused and it's STILL not on steam. Is a bloody fantastic point n click game as well, ok voice acting is nothing to shout home about but it has quite an interesting story in the way it's told.

Yeah looks like a turn around in opinion about Daedalic, long gone are the days when Valve where basically ignoring their e-mails. They presented A New Beginning 3 times to Valve, with no reply/refused and it's STILL not on steam. Is a bloody fantastic point n click game as well, ok voice acting is nothing to shout home about but it has quite an interesting story in the way it's told.

I've had my eye on A New Beginning for awhile now and have been holding out for a Steam release. With these two games coming it may appear as well.

I've had my eye on A New Beginning for awhile now and have been holding out for a Steam release. With these two games coming it may appear as well.

Yeah fingers crossed it will hit Steam, the more adventure games the better, only means more people can get a chance to experience it and other like it of course.

Blizzard

Banned
I need to start timing this. If I'm not mistaken, today's 114 MB DOTA 2 patch took maybe 11-13 minutes of nearly constant hard disk grinding, with my computer virtually unresponsive (couldn't click on task bar, couldn't do anything in applications, could alt tab to see the applications) for 3-5 minutes of that time.

Come on Valve, there has to be a better way than copying 5GB of files locally or whatever is going on.

Achtius

I need to start timing this. If I'm not mistaken, today's 114 MB DOTA 2 patch took maybe 11-13 minutes of nearly constant hard disk grinding, with my computer virtually unresponsive (couldn't click on task bar, couldn't do anything in applications, could alt tab to see the applications) for 3-5 minutes of that time.

Come on Valve, there has to be a better way than copying 5GB of files locally or whatever is going on.

steam updates always rapes my computer, especially when i play lol :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I always have to let Steam install updates and it prompts me so I never get some surprise system hog of an update without me knowing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom