• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachel-is-Disappointed.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there a guide/tutorial for Endless Space? I hate in-game ones that are simply info-dumping you. Why can't they be like Civ as far as tutorials go?

MRORANGE

It's probably a good idea before Thursday to have:

- 10 or more games on your wishlist
- link your steam account to FB
- write a game recommendation on steam
- take a screen shot and post it
- post a comment on steam

svegis

If anything, my wallet ain't ready for the sale anymore. Between the GMG pre-orders, EU PSN sales & Amazon. I'm all spent :/

Sure I'll still spend every shiny dollar I have on crap I don't need, but I valve could have gotten all my shiny monies :/

For shame Gabe.

So much for that pledge of yours!

Is there a guide/tutorial for Endless Space? I hate in-game ones that are simply info-dumping you. Why can't they be like Civ as far as tutorials go?

I found the endless space one to be pretty good actually. Very simple to pick up, just hard to learn all the techs and strategies. Basically plays like civ.

sazzy

I don't get it.. why exactly?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Last time I prepared for the giveaway stuff in advance, I played Champions Online for 3 hours.

Never again.

I don't get it.. why exactly?

They usually do some promotion during the sales where you cane earn prizes. This can involve doing basic stuff like what was outlined or even playing certain games and getting certain achievements.

Narag

Needed a new recommendation last time, I think.

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Actually I did that achievement with three friends and we had a lot of fun.

We did it later in the sale, though.

I recall it being unbalanced/broken and then they patched it.

I did it with two of my friends pre-patch. One of the worst experiences I ever had with any game. The respawn time doubled after every death. At one point I had to stay alive for 12 minutes so that my buddies could be revived. Terrible weapons, controls and graphics didn't help too.

Zeeman

Admittedly, I didn't do a lot of the reportedly terrible achievements, but I hated the Rusty Hearts one, just because the game took over an hour to install for some reason.

Also, fuck Dino D-Day for introducing a new achievement that wasn't part of the sale, I hate that game so much.

kswiston

I skipped doing any of the F2P stuff other than TF2 during the winter sale. I can't spare the bandwidth the month of steam sales for random F2P titles.

I know it's a 4x, but still, I want to learn via hands-on, not some info dump.

Well it's not a single dump though, every time you click on something new, it explains what you need to know and shows you how the interface works. Doesn't hold your hand like civ does, but it's not like a wall of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom