• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

never forget:

header_292x136.jpg

The hate for this game on GAF was hilarious.

Fuck that shit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well it's not a single dump though, every time you click on something new, it explains what you need to know and explains the interface. Doesn't hold your hand like civ does, but it's not like a wall of text.

Yeah, that one was rather distracting.

Wok

It is definitely the 12th:
  • Pyromania ends the 11th
  • Killing floor summer event ends the 23 and the summer sale lasts 11 days

Edit: I still can't believe that the cubemen developer leaked the real date lol

I may buy his game just to say thanks for the leak.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Derrick01

Banned
never forget:

header_292x136.jpg

The hate for this game on GAF was hilarious.

This game is the reason why I keep saying that I'm not spending a dime on shitty indie games for achievements for this sale. I bought many terrible games than just this, but this was a special kind of terrible.

1-D_FTW

Droplitz. I had already done that one on my own before the achievements were even announced. :p

Or as I'll affectionately refer to it for eternity: Shitdrop. Without question the most memorable game for me from any of those hunts. The rage within still burns:)

This game is the reason why I keep saying that I'm not spending a dime on shitty indie games for achievements for this sale. I bought many terrible games than just this, but this was a special kind of terrible.

Absolutely. If you're meant to win, you'll win. No need to do anything you don't find enjoyable.

Wok

During the summer sales, I will buy some indie games, each solely because the developper is nice:
  • A Virus Named TOM: for a 50% discount of the game before its release, and being a nice guy on the SPUF dedicated to the game,
  • Adventures of Shuggy: for giving goodies away, making games with good level desing but which do not sell well,
  • Cubemen: for the leak of the dates of Steam summer sales, for hard work at patching games.

I already own two of the three, but I will gift them to some friends.

Remember:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It was pretty bad just listening to my friends play it (BoH) while we were all on Mumble together. One of them tried to get me to join in, but I had already seen the emotional pain that it put them through so I said no.

Guy wasn't kidding about GAF hate for Bunch of Heroes. Like I said, I had fun with it with friends but that was after they cut that death penalty way back. For $2 I thought it looked pretty nice and had 4 player co-op. We always meant to go back and play the campaign.

The bottle rocket gun was lots of fun.

After buying All Zombies Must Die, I was wondering what the game I'm always confusing it was. It turns out it was Shoot Many Robots. So I checked out SMR on the store and thought "Damn, I should add this to my wishlist" and that's when I discovered I already own Shoot Many Robots. I guess this was in a bundle or another.

Damn, from a weekly/daily apparently

Flunkie

Banned
and CrimeCraft Gang Wars!

This game was actually a lot of fun, and I played it for quite awhile off and on. The core mechanics of the gameplay went a long way for me, as it was just fun. It wasn't the best game, but still a joy to play. Hope there's an achievement this time around so I can get back into it.

Smash88

Banned
This game was actually a lot of fun, and I played it for quite awhile off and on. The core mechanics of the gameplay went a long way for me, as it was just fun. It wasn't the best game, but still a joy to play. Hope there's an achievement this time around so I can get back into it.

No comment.

dot

I thought this was fun too. I liked doing the snowball achievement. >_>

HoosTrax

July 12 is too far away. Based Gaben is really stretching this one out.
No lie. At this point, I've blown all my money on Dota 2 treasure keys and buying crates of energy shots off Amazon to fuel my gaming marathons. (I hate that Amazon Prime can't be applied to monthly subscribed shipments...I need my next fix Q_Q)

Not that there was all that much I'm looking forward to anyway, other than the general "festivities" that come along with Summer Sale. The only game I'm actively seeking a nice discount on is Sniper Elite v2. Actually I should go check that list to see if this will be on a daily discount during the Sale.

Derrick01

Banned
So I figured now was a good time to go through Thief Deadly Shadows again for the first time in years. Any tips, recommendations, complaints? I've played all the Thief games but not as much as other classics or other stealth games so I can't say I remember them too much. I'll be looking for the others during the steam sale.

louiedog

To protest the perceived lateness of the sale everyone should buy a bunch of games for their libraries but then refuse to play them for months, if ever.

During the summer sales, I will buy some indie games, each solely because the developper is nice:
  • A Virus Named TOM: for a 50% discount of the game before its release, and being a nice guy on the SPUF dedicated to the game,
  • Adventures of Shuggy: for giving goodies away, making games with good level desing but which do not sell well,
  • Cubemen: for the leak of the dates of Steam summer sales, for hard work at patching games.

I already own two of the three, but I will gift them to some friends.

Remember:

Shuggy is a really fun game. I hope more people buy it during the sale. Would love to have that t-shirt.

Guy wasn't kidding about GAF hate for Bunch of Heroes. Like I said, I had fun with it with friends but that was after they cut that death penalty way back. For $2 I thought it looked pretty nice and had 4 player co-op. We always meant to go back and play the campaign.

The bottle rocket gun was lots of fun.

Hey, I enjoyed it also. But I'm a sucker for twin-stick shooters.

ArjanN

It's probably a good idea before Thursday to have:

- 10 or more games on your wishlist
- link your steam account to FB
- write a game recommendation on steam
- take a screen shot and post it
- post a comment on steam

Not really, because even if those are objectives again, you can do all those things combined in 5 minutes.

On the other hand though, I played and enjoyed a lot of games I otherwise wouldn't have if it weren't for the sale achievements.

That shit game though, coupled with the achievement it had was brutal.

On the other hand though, I played and enjoyed a lot of games I otherwise wouldn't have if it weren't for the sale achievements.

That shit game though, coupled with the achievement it had was brutal.

Yeah, I definitely discovered some good games from the ticket even last Summer. Nation Red was one of them and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom