• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnarf

Apparently Analogue: A Hate Story is getting an update next week with achievements, Steam Cloud, and some free costumes for *Hyun-ae. Good enough reason for me to go through it again.

I adore this game and wish there was more discussion on GAF about it. :(

I picked it up but have yet to finish it, think I will wait for this patch to do so.
Gave the demo a go when it launched and the story had me hooked by the end.
Very compelling and interesting.

What's up with Steam downloading upgrades grinding my computer to a halt every time I start the application? Is there any way to turn off automatic updates?

Blizzard

Banned
What's up with Steam downloading upgrades grinding my computer to a halt every time I start the application? Is there any way to turn off automatic updates?
Which games? Check back a page or two for some of us complaining about this, specifically with DOTA 2.

You can turn off automatic updates on a per-game basis, as long as you don't play those particular games. If you launch the game it will force an update anyway and might reset your setting.

Which games? Check back a page or two for some of us complaining about this, specifically with DOTA 2.

You can turn off automatic updates on a per-game basis, as long as you don't play those particular games. If you launch the game it will force an update anyway and might reset your setting.

Yeah, It was DOTA 2 and TF2 in this case. I've disabled automatic upgrades for those games now since they seem to update all the time. Thanks.

Hear ye, hear ye! Any brave Steam warriors out there who wish to fight each other and guess the dates the Summer sale will run for? The brave one who will be correct, shall be recognized as a Steam master who managed to appease the Beast!

Blizzard

Banned
Hear ye, hear ye! Any brave Steam warriors out there who wish to fight each other and guess the dates the Summer sale will run for? The brave one who will be correct, shall be recognized as a Steam master who managed to appease the Beast!
I consulted my magic thread title, and it told me that the last week of June might be likely.

6/28 - 7/9, I'm guessing. 11 days like last year and starting on the last Thursday of June.

Does anyone knows if Transformers War for Cybertron from Gamefly is Steamworks?

I don't think so, as it doesn't list WfC here.

I thought the while point of the title of this thread was to avoid insipid questions about the summer sale date.

I thought that it would be a nice minigame of sorts, to get us in the mood for a couple of days, since the sales are the next "big thing" most of us await for. Really, at times there are games like "let's show who's got no life and lots of money: how many games ya got?" or "when did you join steam? oldest account wins a lollipop", that everyone joins and keep the thread going for a few pages.

I didn't think it would be such a bad idea to take a guess at something we all know will happen eventually but no concrete dates are given. Besides that, I also don't happen to have a spare HIB5 giftable key to give to the first person to guess the right dates, which would make the whole fuss worthwhile, so, I'm sorry.

Wtf, I got an email to find out what is my username even though I haven't connected to Steam all day.

I'll change my password just in case..

Nabs

Wtf, I got an email to find out what is my username even though I haven't connected to Steam all day.

If you try to register a used cd key, it'll give you the option to scare the person who got to it first.

vazel

Banned

Did you claim a free code someone posted? That happens when someone else tries to claim the code too and clicks the retrieve account button. It's nothing to worry about.

iblSmWQBg64huh.jpg

Edit: beaten.

Joe Molotov

I hope you played other games first, since otherwise apparently you won't catch the allusions!

Actually it's weird they'd have allusions if that was the first Nancy Drew game. But perhaps only the remastered edition has allusions!

I did play the Night of the Twisters one. I hope the allusion is that a tornado hits her school and you have to escape in a wild QTE sequence, that would be awesome.

Fou-Lu

Am I the only one that's absolutely broke with the summer sale coming up?.... *sigh*

Welp, there's always contests and giveaways here on GAF to get extra games from during these sales.

ArjanN

I thought that it would be a nice minigame of sorts, to get us in the mood for a couple of days, since the sales are the next "big thing" most of us await for. Really, at times there are games like "let's show who's got no life and lots of money: how many games ya got?" or "when did you join steam? oldest account wins a lollipop", that everyone joins and keep the thread going for a few pages.

I didn't think it would be such a bad idea to take a guess at something we all know will happen eventually but no concrete dates are given. Besides that, I also don't happen to have a spare HIB5 giftable key to give to the first person to guess the right dates, which would make the whole fuss worthwhile, so, I'm sorry.

Haha, no problem, I just think most people thought those games were kind of annoying when they took over this thread for a page or two instead of any actual conversation.

DrPirate

Banned
I want to get Cities XL for 10 bucks, but the reviews are unfavorable, what do you guys think about it?

I have never played a Cities game before, but I'm in the mood of a city simulator.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Last Remenat is 15bucks on GMG (without a sale) full price on Steam is double that. It is actually a pretty decent game, don't listen to the reviews.

Reviews are only targeting the console release too. A shitload of issues were fixed for the PC release, it's quite an oddity indeed, but yeah. Game deserves to sell.

Ledsen

I want to get Cities XL for 10 bucks, but the reviews are unfavorable, what do you guys think about it?

I have never played a Cities game before, but I'm in the mood of a city simulator.

My gf loves city builders and had a good time with it. Not brilliant like Anno, but good. Needs a good processor though, I'm running 2500k @4,5GHz.

Tomodachi

Last Remenat is 15bucks on GMG (without a sale) full price on Steam is double that. It is actually a pretty decent game, don't listen to the reviews.
I really wish it was included in the Square-Enix sale they're having. Will definitely get it during summer sale if it gets discounted, if not I will get it though GMG without a sale. It's been pushed back too long, my backlog demands BLOOD.

Does having a slow internet connection make a difference to how quickly titles launch? Or at all?

6/10 times today, while trying to launch Binding of Issac it's told me "This game is currently unavailable" or something.

Does this for every game. Sometimes it just hangs on "Preparing to launch game".

Any ideas?

Levyne

Banned
Reviews are only targeting the console release too. A shitload of issues were fixed for the PC release, it's quite an oddity indeed, but yeah. Game deserves to sell.

Yeah.

Crappy framerate? More powerful pc can handle no problem.
Tearing issues? I don't think there is an in-game v-sync option but you can always force it.
Too little control on what the unions do? Can now disable abilities and whole ability trees on an individual party member basis.
Poor Draw Distance? Lol
Battles takes too long? Turbo Mode!

It's still obviously a 360 up-port...but an amazing one nonetheless.

The game is still a little rough around the edges in the second disk (more cutscenes of robotic pre-determined motions rather than fully motioned) and the story is average but the game is so vast you can do a whole bunch of stuff without touching it. Voice acting is generally good, outside of Irina, Blocter, and your feelings on JYB.

Edit: How did I forget the soundtrack? One word: Amazing. orchestrated, tons of battle themes depending on the situation, amazing city/dungeon music...I will say it is my favorite soundtrack ever, I think.

Edit 2: Oh yeah..don't like the voice acting? Dual language track! Though the lips match the english not the japanese.

It's not a bad game by any means, it mainly got (deservedly IMO) slagged for being barely any different than the preceding 2011 version yet still being a full price game. However if you don't own the 2011 version it is a good buy for $10. Though lacking in some areas I enjoyed it more than SimCity.

zoku88

I can also vouch that the PC version is actually pretty good. (I liked it, at least.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom