• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't suppose anyone knows if Max Payne 3 will have a nice discount in the upcoming summer sale?

It's possible, Arkham City was 30 during the winter sale only a month after release.

It's also possible that Amazon or someone else will undercut Steam with a better price on it.

kaskade

Steam sales according to reddit.

eQYgC.jpg

There was a price glitch for DI during the... pre-holiday... late-fall? sale or whatever last year. I don't remember if people were even able to check out with it at that price.

Seems like it's a pretty sure 75% off/ $7.49 US for the summer sale, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Again, I warn people about getting Cities XL 2012. You can't change resolution, some graphic options, and when actually playing the game you won't have any textures.

Goody

Whoever takes this Noitu Love 2 code needs to play it and cherish it because Konjak is awesome and so is this game.

Salsa

Whoever takes this Noitu Love 2 code needs to play it and cherish it because Konjak is awesome and so is this game.

I love Noitu Love and all his games but Konjak seems like a bit of a prick on twitter, or at least butthurt. He's always complaining about every single thing in games.

edit: not taking the code btw

Gonna thank Buttonbasher again for posting a Dungeons of Dredmor code the other day. Finally got the chance to play it for a bit today and ended up playing for 2 hours! I didn't expect to have that much fun with it and definitely look forward to playing more.

Goody

I love Noitu Love and all his games but Konjak seems like a bit of a prick on twitter, or at least butthurt. He's always complaining about every single thing in games.

edit: not taking the code btw

Yes, the man likes to gripe. Fortunately, he makes good games. The Iconoclasts alpha included with the last Indie Royale has been amazing so far.

Also: Auditorium key.

Sober

It's possible, Arkham City was 30 during the winter sale only a month after release.

It's also possible that Amazon or someone else will undercut Steam with a better price on it.
Arkham City was like 50% on the Winter sale, and it was maybe a month out before December. I remember because of the damn wait and the lack of preload on Steam, then EA putting it at 50% off for Black Friday (which was the week of or after it released on PC).

Also, I remember buying the Nightwing/Robin DLC during the Winter sale for 50% off on Steam.

Max Payne 3 hitting 50% would not surprise me for the summer sale.

I really want Rayman Origins to go on sale soon.

I feel horrible about waiting until the summer sale to buy it considering how badly it bombed but the summer sale is so close and I know it will be on sale even if its just 25% as part of some ubi pack deal ...... maybe ill buy a new ps3 copy now and a sale PC copy later. That would make everything better right?

Salsa

I feel horrible about waiting until the summer sale to buy it considering how badly it bombed

bombed less than you think. Ubisoft found it profitable to the point of making a sequel..

and we dont really know how it did after it went on Steam (and without the Uplay crap)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I feel horrible about waiting until the summer sale to buy it considering how badly it bombed but the summer sale is so close and I know it will be on sale even if its just 25% as part of some ubi pack deal ...... maybe ill buy a new ps3 copy now and a sale PC copy later. That would make everything better right?

It has already been 50% off hasn't it? It has definitely been on discount.

I did feel bad about waiting for this in the sale, considering how well Ubisoft went about the PC version. But then I saw the new Splinter Cell...

Salsa

I did feel bad about waiting for this in the sale, considering how well Ubisoft went about the PC version. But then I saw the new Splinter Cell...

made by an entirely different team in another continent that has nothing to do with Rayman Origins and would be barely affected by Rayman sales

great thinking

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
IIRC Summer sale is like Christmas sale where selected titles will get bigger discounts for 24+ hours, so one cane hope.

I'm sure all that will be fixed when you buy Cities XL 2014..

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if it'd be 2015 and they still haven't fixed it lol

Ledsen

IIRC Summer sale is like Christmas sale where selected titles will get bigger discounts for 24+ hours, so one cane hope.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if it'd be 2015 and they still haven't fixed it lol

But what you're saying isn't true. It works perfectly for me.

made by an entirely different team in another continent that has nothing to do with Rayman Origins and would be barely affected by Rayman sales

great thinking

It's unnecessary to be so condescending. For me it's not about supporting one team and punishing another. I feel less bad about waiting for it in the sale because of how I feel about the publisher as a whole.

Salsa

It's unnecessary to be so condescending. For me it's not about supporting one team and punishing another. I feel less bad about waiting for it in the sale because of how I feel about the publisher as a whole.

not trying to be condescending, sorry if it came off like that, but it seems like a silly move considering we barely get games like these on PC, for this price, and without any intrusive DRM. Ubi did a good job on it and I wanna support them in the way of lettin them now this is how you do it. You can choose not to support them but not doing it (or feeling better about not doing it) because the same publisher is releasing a game you dont like seems pretty silly.

and JaseC is right

michel-ancel.png

1-D_FTW

Arkham City was like 50% on the Winter sale, and it was maybe a month out before December. I remember because of the damn wait and the lack of preload on Steam, then EA putting it at 50% off for Black Friday (which was the week of or after it released on PC).

Also, I remember buying the Nightwing/Robin DLC during the Winter sale for 50% off on Steam.

Max Payne 3 hitting 50% would not surprise me for the summer sale.

Me either. If the game had been flying off shelves, that'd be one thing. But for a game with disappointing sales, 50 percent off would not be unexpected at all. Could help kickstart some sales at a still decent price.

As others have stated, it's hit 50 percent off once before. You can safely bet that it'll either get a Daily Deal at 66% (9.99) or 75% (7.50) off.

Randy

I'm not picking up Rayman until it's 5$ or less after I saw my friend play through the final boss.

Any reason is a good reason, I guess... One of my personal favourites this generation, the OST is incredible, the gameplay rewarding and the visual style plain awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom