• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav47

I think the only game I'm really looking forward to buying during the sale is KOA: Reckoning and that's only because it might get removed if Rhode Island takes control of the KOA IP.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I recently installed one of my last Steam Sale purchases - GTAIV. I have already uninstalled it. I have no idea why, but between GFWL and Rockstar Social Club, this game is a nightmare to sort out and Rockstar is tits on a bull useless to help. Buyer beware.

PaulLFC

I recently installed one of my last Steam Sale purchases - GTAIV. I have already uninstalled it. I have no idea why, but between GFWL and Rockstar Social Club, this game is a nightmare to sort out and Rockstar is tits on a bull useless to help. Buyer beware.
What was wrong with it? Mine worked fine.

I thought they patched out the Social Club launcher?

Tess3ract

Banned
Im pretty sure the PC version has both dlc packs.
In the regular edition it has the two dlc stories that I'm told aren't that good anyways.

Yeah that this is shit. Steam, on top of GFWL, on top of rockstar social club. And people wonder why the fucking game runs like dogshit

Joe Molotov

I was going to say $10, but I know there's no chance it'll be that cheap. The game itself has only gone down to $25. Still, I could probably spare $15 even with the shitty DRM.

In the regular edition it has the two dlc stories that I'm told aren't that good anyways.

Yeah that this is shit. Steam, on top of GFWL, on top of rockstar social club. And people wonder why the fucking game runs like dogshit

The first one isn't great. The second one is quite good.

But still that Alan Wake pack comes with 2 stand alone games, 2 DLC, and the soundtrack. If it's under $20, that's a great deal. The second stand alone game is $20 by itself right now.

PaulLFC

I was going to say $10, but I know there's no chance it'll be that cheap. The game itself has only gone down to $25. Still, I could probably spare $15 even with the shitty DRM.
£10 for the Anno pack sounds reasonable, knowing Ubisoft it'll be £20+ though considering it has all the DLC.

Thank gawd, end of August is when my next game is looking to be released too. Whew!

Maybe I should put the Oil Blue on there so I can get rejected a record fourth time. :D

Just curious what price you were trying to sell it for? I was wondering if that had any bearing on acceptance.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
There's a patch for that.

Tess3ract

Banned
Thank gawd, end of August is when my next game is looking to be released too. Whew!

Maybe I should put the Oil Blue on there so I can get rejected a record fourth time. :D
Gonna be honest, I have Oil Blue on my desura account but I have never launched it and I have no idea what the game is even about, lol

camerooni

Neo Member
That crappy Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood game got a multiplayer sequel:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/205550/

LOL, I guess?

Uhh.. it's showing with an X-18+ rating in Aus.. which is frigan hilarious considering the R18+ hasn't even been ratified, there will NEVER be an X rating for games.. and X ratings are illegal for sale in all states of Australia (other than the territories.. though it's not enforced).

Steam pulls the funny ones out sometimes.. is it really that hard to do some research on a country that you're region locking the fuck out of? You obviously did enough to know that you want to charge at least double!! :p

Tess3ract

Banned
Okay so I just finished playing to around level 40 in The Oil Blue and I hate derricks so much, it's too much busy work. I like the one that drops the drill and the one that runs in the background. Why can't I assign a worker to deal with one of those derricks instead? it's not fun.

Baha

Nation Red just got updated, new barricade map + 5 new achievements. Nothing referencing the summer sale but you know one of these will probably be an objective.

Okay so I just finished playing to around level 40 in The Oil Blue and I hate derricks so much, it's too much busy work. I like the one that drops the drill and the one that runs in the background. Why can't I assign a worker to deal with one of those derricks instead? it's not fun.
Ask chubbigans.

Card Boy

Banned
Nation Red just got updated, new barricade map + 5 new achievements. Nothing referencing the summer sale but you know one of these will probably be an objective.

Truly is the greatest twinstick shooter on PC. The developers have not being patching the game because it's broken but are patching to make it even more awesome based on community suggestions. Something Paradox should learn about.

Wok

I made a break at level 2 or 3. In the end, you can choose which machines to use if I remember correctly. From what I can remember, I had mostly groundwells and pumpjacks. Now, let's have this game on Steam, Gabe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uhh.. it's showing with an X-18+ rating in Aus.. which is frigan hilarious considering the R18+ hasn't even been ratified, there will NEVER be an X rating for games.. and X ratings are illegal for sale in all states of Australia (other than the territories.. though it's not enforced).

Steam pulls the funny ones out sometimes.. is it really that hard to do some research on a country that you're region locking the fuck out of? You obviously did enough to know that you want to charge at least double!! :p

It looks like a joke; "Shooting Cute Animals" is listed among the mature content.

Truly is the greatest twinstick shooter on PC. The developers have not being patching the game because it's broken but are patching to make it even more awesome based on community suggestions. Something Paradox should learn about.

Is this game enjoyable with a keyboard and mouse or do I really need a controller?

Just remembered another thing I want out of this sale:

Dear Esther.

$10 was too rich for me for an "experience" game with little replay value. Hoping for $2.50 or less, but I'd probably bite at $5.

JaseC

I just scrolled through the last couple of pages and noticed Steam Greenlight. A fantastic idea and, in true Valve fashion, long overdue.

This is America, dude.

America... that's the ancient city said to have been swallowed by the sea, right? :p

That joke is off colour.

Ba-dum-tish.

Just remembered another thing I want out of this sale:

Dear Esther.

$10 was too rich for me for an "experience" game with little replay value. Hoping for $2.50 or less, but I'd probably bite at $5.

It was half off back in May, although that's still a couple of bucks above your $5 threshold.

camerooni

Neo Member
It looks like a joke; "Shooting Cute Animals" is listed among the mature content.

It's in the Rating label location in the game info though.. which makes it something that Valve has done.. then again.. maybe the developer has control over what rating logo to upload but I seriously doubt it..

The fact is that the X18+ logo must be on Valves system and the developers set whatever flag to select it - still means that Valve are morons for allowing such a thing! It also raises issues with misrepresentation of product and using an OFLC rating label for a game that hasn't aquired an OFLC rating..

It is an offence to sell or hire a computer game with a marking that indicates or suggests the film has been classified when it has not - http://www.classification.gov.au/Ho...s/Complianceforsaleorhireofcomputergames.aspx

Not that indie dev's probably even consider shit like this.. but bigger fish have been stung for less. It's all funny har har but has the potential to have their game pulled from Aus version of the store (even though they technically don't need to be rated to be sold on steam as they're essentially digital imports)..

JaseC

It's in the Rating label location in the game info though.. which makes it something that Valve has done.. then again.. maybe the developer has control over what rating logo to upload but I seriously doubt it..

If it's not a joke, then somebody at Valve screwed up royally because the game hasn't been classified by the OFLC (AU), ESRB (US), or BBFC (UK) -- yet the game's page has rating icons for each.

The fact is that the X18+ logo must be on Valves system and the developers set whatever flag to select it - still means that Valve are morons for allowing such a thing! It also raises issues with misrepresentation of product and using an OFLC rating label for a game that hasn't aquired an OFLC rating..

Not that indie dev's probably even consider shit like this.. but bigger fish have been stung for less. It's all funny har har but has the potential to have their game pulled from Aus version of the store (even though they technically don't need to be rated to be sold on steam as they're essentially digital imports)..

True, there's that.

Edit:
It is an offence to sell or hire a computer game with a marking that indicates or suggests the film has been classified when it has not

Nobody proofread that page, did they? ;)

camerooni

Neo Member
Nobody proofread that page, did they? ;)

Hah.. didn't even notice that.. Yeah.. can't say these govvie departments have great web teams - then again they probably need signed confirmations in triplicate signed by all department heads to go back and alter a word :p

Risgroo

Dat Alan Wake pack is mine, always wanted to play it. I'm also going to get STALKER and Shogun 2. My wallet is feeling the pain already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom