• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is a little bit.
I registered an email address with the original site, you think they would have just fired off e-mails to all the people registered who purchased, again maybe it's a logistical nightmare so they opted for buyers to contact them instead.
I personally can't contact them on Steam just yet as my account hasn't been activated yet, but I tried twitter so maybe get a reply soon...hopefully.

Hoping you guys can help

Every time I have tried to start using Steam in the past few months for gaming the slow download speeds have turned me off. I keep getting between 250-400 KB/s

My usual download speeds when I download a MMO game client ranges from 800 KB/s - 1.2 Mbps

I have set the Steam settings to use the fastest connection, the region selected is same as my city.

Most steam forum posts I find consist of people trolling the OP asking for help.

Any ideas?

Hoping you guys can help

Every time I have tried to start using Steam in the past few months for gaming the slow download speeds have turned me off. I keep getting between 250-400 KB/s

My usual download speeds when I download a MMO game client ranges from 800 KB/s - 1.2 Mbps

I have set the Steam settings to use the fastest connection, the region selected is same as my city.

Most steam forum posts I find consist of people trolling the OP asking for help.

Any ideas?

Try changing the region to somewhere else in the world. There could just be too many people downloading from the same location as you.

Joe Molotov

I hope Dream Machine Chapter 4 launches soon. I had forgotten how lame episodic gaming was until I bought Dream Machine and Walking Dead and they were both awesome, but now I'm waiting for the rest of the game.

I hope Dream Machine Chapter 4 launches soon. I had forgotten how lame episodic gaming was until I bought Dream Machine and Walking Dead and they were both awesome, but now I'm waiting for the rest of the game.

Yeah, after impatiently waiting for each episode of Back to the Future I told myself that for now on I'm waiting until the seasons are finished before starting them.

Tried with various US and non-US places. Same issue

I'm not sure what the problem could be then. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along to help.

Yanksfan

Yeah, after impatiently waiting for each episode of Back to the Future I told myself that for now on I'm waiting until the seasons are finished before starting them.

I love episodic series with games like this. I get a few hours (or more) of game to play in a month or two, never get burnt out and usually have a stronger desire to want to finish. I don't get too many hours to play in a week, so perhaps this is why.

I love episodic series with games like this. I get a few hours (or more) of game to play in a month or two, never get burnt out and usually have a stronger desire to want to finish. I don't get too many hours to play in a week, so perhaps this is why.

That makes sense. When I play an adventure game I normally do it on a day when I have nothing else going on so I hate being left with a "to be continued" ending like an episodic series does.

Looks like L.A. Noire's regular price dropped from $29.99 to $19.99 on the 15th which leads me to hope for a 75% off $5 deal in the summer sale.

(please oh please!)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Quote to get Plain Sights, the online multiplayer game about growing big, hitting robots with your sword, and murder/suicide. For the low, low price of free:

Quote to get Plain Sights, the online multiplayer game about growing big, hitting robots with your sword, and murder/suicide. For the low, low price of free:

I popped into this with a friend of mine the other night and we were literally the only people playing it. Shame too, considering what was there seemed pretty fun.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Saw an image on Reddit saying the Steam sale would was starting on June 24th and got excited.

Turns out that image is two years old.

Also, like someone said I'm assuming JC2 will be on sale, and I will buy it. Loved that game when I played it on 360, and I would love to play it again on PC. I need JC3 yesterday.

Anyone having issues playing Jamestown and/or Pixeljunk Eden? Had to wipe my laptop recently so I had to reinstall Jamestown and I just bought PJE in the latest Royale. Jamestown keeps giving me a runtime error, and PJE keeps feeding me some BS about not having OpenGL 2.1 support, which I'm positive I do with my Radeon 6490M. SPUF troubleshooting has given me zilch so far, drivers are updated, running as administrator, balancing lemons on my face.

CTE

man...think any chance Just Cause 2 will be on sale during the summer sale? That trailer has me itching to play it.

Gamefly/D2D just had a sale, too. 75% off. $5.00. It will be on sale again on the 19th. You pay them and get a code to d/l through Steam anyway. So it's the same thing.

That's if you don't want to wait until the Summer Sale.

It already was 5$ in a sale somewhere once wasn't it? I remember seeing that somewhere.

Gamefly Summer Sale. It was on for $5. Like JC2 it was 75% off. It will also be on sale again on the 19th for $5.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I have $20 for the summer sale . Hopefully i can buy a couple of great games with that tiny bit of money.

I bought 25 games for $50 during the holiday sale. Just follow a few simple rules to help save money:

-- Don't buy anything over $10 that you don't plan on playing in the next six months.
-- Buy bundles when possible.
-- Don't buy anything below -66%.
-- And of course abide by the One Sacred High Holy Rule.

Card Boy

Banned
Any trick to getting the Steam overlay to work with Deus Ex: IW? I also noticed the overlay never used to work for Hitman 47, but now it does. Must be a Steam client thing.

wutwutwut

Tried with various US and non-US places. Same issue
Your ISP might be setting per-connection limits. For games on the old content system, Steam only opens 2 connections per download. Try setting your connection speed in settings to maximum and downloading a game that uses the new content system (Witcher 2, Dota 2, AC:B, Civ 5, quite a few others). I've seen Steam open up to 10 connections per download for them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I bought 25 games for $50 during the holiday sale. Just follow a few simple rules to help save money:

-- Don't buy anything over $10 that you don't plan on playing in the next six months.
With my massive backlog, I have become more strict.

-Only -75% or better
-If it has more than 2 DLC, wait for sale on complete edition
-Nothing from the same series as anything still in backlog
-Nothing story-based that would take more than 20 hours to complete

1tGV1.jpg

Souther

Banned
I hope that The Darkness II goes on sale during that week. I played the demo and it's pretty awesome. I just don't feel like paying 49.99 for it. I remember paying like 9.99 for the new Deus Ex: HR and that has definitely worth it.

I hope that The Darkness II goes on sale during that week. I played the demo and it's pretty awesome. I just don't feel like paying 49.99 for it. I remember paying like 9.99 for the new Deus Ex: HR and that has definitely worth it.

It's been $15 on Amazon quite a few times recently. PLUS it is Steamworks.

And ignore the one sacred high holy rule if the price is too good to be true.

Because there are many glorious mistakes. Especially when the Australian tax is messed up

Eusis

And ignore the one sacred high holy rule if the price is too good to be true.

Because there are many glorious mistakes. Especially when the Australian tax is messed up
Gothic II & III for $2 was glorious.

... Now to get around to Gothic II at the least, I've heard it was an amazing open world RPG but the controls will take some time to get used to.

The best part of the sales for me is it is a little bit of excitement each morning when I wake up. It is like 'god I don't want to get up'. Then it is 'oh yeah... New Steam sale items to check out'

Not that I actually expect to be able to buy much, but it makes for a fun week.

Card Boy

Banned
Just started playing Cave Story+, not bad. Reminds me of Wonder Boy for some reason. I'm playing with original graphics and music.

Salsa

The best part of the sales for me is it is a little bit of excitement each morning when I wake up. It is like 'god I don't want to get up'. Then it is 'oh yeah... New Steam sale items to check out'

Not that I actually expect to be able to buy much, but it makes for a fun week.

to be completely honest: summer sales are like my christmas now. It's like relieving those childhood moments of waking up and seeing your presents.

It's super weird but yeah, first thing I do when I wake up is check what's on sale, even if I know im not buying anything

Dascu

to be completely honest: summer sales are like my christmas now. It's like relieving those childhood moments of waking up and seeing your presents.

It's super weird but yeah, first thing I do when I wake up is check what's on sale, even if I know im not buying anything

So what's the Holiday sales then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom