• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This year I'm going into the sale with absolutely no expectations and will just pick up random stuff throughout.
You can't escape them. I see them. Darksiders. Hot Pursuit. Portal 2. Your heart longs for them... 75% off.

I have more than 30 games on my wishlist.

of course, this is my first steam sales ..

I really need to sort out my wishlist but it's a bloody nightmare from within the client.
You have to go into a game page to add it but when you come out, the search results have gone back to the beginning.

Unless I'm doing it wrong?

You can't escape them. I see them. Darksiders. Hot Pursuit. Portal 2. Your heart longs for them... 75% off.

I am actually tempted to double dip on some titles, I was always interested in Darksiders but I got that via PS Plus recently but I may be tempted by Hot Pursuit given that I've finally hooked up a 360 pad.

Self control really isn't a skill I possess, so it'll all go to hell at some point, especially given that the sale should start during my first week of the pay month.

Salsa

Just over 31 hours to go....

tumblr_m6x7pp6fsZ1qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

Ledsen

So...that means "no" I guess?

Yes. No DRM is the whole point of GOG, there will never be Steamworks games or CD keys or anything like that. That's why GOG is by far the best service for users. You have all the power, and if GOG.com shuts down you just say "whatever" and keep installing and playing your games forever.

The one good thing about dlc is I only buy it if I'm 100% sure I'm going to play it. So when it comes to my steam backlog... Having dlc actually saves me money.

PaulLFC

Latest packs list (as of end of 10/07/12), new updates in red:

1C Collection - $39.99 - Cryostasis, Men of War series, NecroVisioN, Kings Bounty series, Theatre of War series, Rig 'n' Roll, Space Rangers 2 Reboot,

2K Games & Rockstar "Public Released" Pack (may not be a pack but recently updated) - no price yet - Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Borderlands & DLC, Bully, Civilization IV Complete, Civilization V & DLC, Civ V Gods and Kings, CivCity: Rome, Darkness II, Duke Nukem Forever & DLC, Freedom Force Pack, Grand Theft Auto series, LA Noire, Mafia II & DLC, Max Payne 1 and 2 (not 3 though), Manhunt, Midnight Club 2, MLB series, NBA series, Railroad Tycoon 2, Railroad Tycoon 3, Shattered Union, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Sid Meier's Railroads!, SpecOps: The Line, Stronghold Pack, X-ComCollection

2K Pack 2 (think this has been replaced with the '2K Collection' below) - no price yet - Bionshock 2, Darkness II Limited Edition, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, SpecOps: The Line

2K Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Bionshock 2, Borderlands, Civilization V & DLC (not Gods & Kings), Darkness II Limited Edition, Duke Nukem Forever, Mafia II, SpecOps: The Line

Activision Hits Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Blur, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Gun, Prototype, Singularity, Timeshift, Transformers: War For Cybertron, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Alan Wake Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Alan Wake, Collectors Edition upgrade, Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Anno 2070 Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Anno 2070, The Keeper Package, The Development Package, The Eden Series Package, The Central Statistical Package, The Crisis Response Package, The Distrust Series Package, The Silent Running Package, The Nordamark Line Package, The E.V.E. Package

Batman / Gotham City Imposters Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City & DLC, Gotham City Imposters

Bethesda Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Brink & DLC, Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Fallout: New Vegas & DLC, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Binding of Isaac Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Binding of Isaac, Wrath of the Lamb, Soundtrack

BioShock Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - BioShock, BioShock 2

Bit Trip Beat Pack - $9.99 - Bit Trip Beat plus soundtrack
Bit Trip Runner Pack - $9.99 - Bit Trip Runner plus soundtrack

Blendo Games Pack - no price yet - Airforte, Atom Zombie Smasher, Flotilla

Call of Duty: Black Ops Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Call of Duty: Black Ops, First Strike DLC, Escalation DLC, Rezurrection DLC, Annihilation DLC, mod tools

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (no DLC included)

Carpe Fulgur Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Chantelise, Recettear, Fortune Summoners

Civilization Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price - Civilization III Complete, Civilization IV Complete, Civilization V plus DLC (but not Gods & Kings)

Command & Conquer Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3, Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising, Command & Conquer 4

Cyan Complete Pack 2012 - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Real Myst, Myst Masterpiece Edition, Myst V, Riven, Uru, Spelunx, Manhole, Cosmic Osmo

Cyanide Studios Compilation - no price yet - A Game of Thrones, Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition, Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition, Loki, Pro Cycling Manager 2008, Pro Cycling Manager 2012

Dawn of War Franchise Pack - $29.99 - Dawn of War I series and Dawn of War II series plus DLC

Deep Silver Compilation - no price yet - Dead Island & DLC, Emergency 2012, Iron Front, Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters, Lost Horizon, Nail'd, Risen, Risen 2, Rush for Berlin, Sacred 2, Secret Files, Secret Files 2, The Dark Eye, The Whispered World

Duke Nukem Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Duke Nukem Forever plus DLC

Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles - no price yet - Europa Universalis 3 Complete, EU3 Divine Wind, EU3 Heir to the Throne

Foreign Legion Bundle - $59.99 (placeholder price) - Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood, Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre

Gratuitous Battle Pack - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Gratuitous Space Battles, Gratuitous Tank Battles

GTA IV Complete Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Indie Bundle Day 1 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle Day 2 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice

Indie Bundle Day 3 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Braid, Bit Trip Bat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Indie Bundle Day 4 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind

Indie Bundle Day 5 - $39.99 (placeholder price)t - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 6 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - DEFCON, Awesome (AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa for the Awesome?), SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride

Indie Bundle Day 7 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 8 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus

Indie Bundle Day 9 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

Indie Bundle Day 10 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Indie Bundle Day 11 - $39.99 (placeholder price) - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform

Indie Fright Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Burn Zombie Burn, The Path, The Scourge Project, The Void, Zombie Driver

Kalypso Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Tropico 3, Tropico 4, Dungeons, Dungeons: The Dark Lord, Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, SkyDrift, Airline Tycoon 2, Port Royale 3, Bang Bang Racing

Killing Floor Bundle - $19.99 - Killing Floor, Outbreak Character Pack, Nightfall Character Pack, Post Mortem Character Pack, London's Finest Character Pack, Defence Alliance 2, Steampunk Mr. Froster DLC,Christmas Character Pack, Urban Nightmare Character Pack, Harold Lott Character Pack

Majesty Franchise Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Majesty Gold, Majesty HD, Majesty 2, Defenders of Ardania & DLC, Warlock: Master of the Arcane & DLC

Microsoft Flight Summer Sale Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Microsoft Flight Hawaiian Adventure DLC, Maule M-7-260C, North American P-51 Mustang, Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, Microsoft Flight: Alaskan Wilderness, Curtiss P-40, F4U Corsair

Nordic Games Compilation - no price yet - Agatha Christie games, Aquanox, Aquanox 2, Gothic, Gothic II, Gothic III, Gothic 4 Arcania & expansion, Aura, Aura 2, Chaser, Europa 1400, Painkiller games, Safecracker, Safecracker 2, Spellforce Platinum, Spellforce 2 Gold, The Guild II, Guild II Renaissance, Guild II Pirates of the European Seas

Paradox Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Crusader Kings II, Defenders of Ardania, Europa Universalis III Complete plus Divine Wind, Gettysburg: Armored Warfare, Magicka Collection, Mount & Blade Series, Naval War Arctic Circle, Sword of the Stars II, Warlock - Masters of the Arcane

Pendulo Adventure Pack - $29.99 - Runaway: A Road Adventure, Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle, Runaway: A Twist of Fate, The Next BIG Thing, Yesterday

Perfect World Collection - no price yet - Forsaken World, Rusty Hearts, Blacklight Retribution & Starter Pack

Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection - $39.99 - Railworks 3 plus 27 DLCs

Red Orchestra Franchise Pack - $39.99 - Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, Mare Nostrum, Darkest Hour, Red Orchestra 2 plus Digital Deluxe DLC

Saints Row The Third Franchise Pack - $14.99 - Saints Row The Third plus all (I think) DLC - 17 DLCs in total

SEGA "Public Compilation" Pack (recently updated but may not be a pack in the sale) - no price yet - MegaDrive / Genesis Classics Collection, Aliens vs Predator, Alpha Protocol, Dreamcast Collection, Football Manager series, London 2012, Total War series, Sega Rally, The Club, The Incredible Hulk, The Golden Compass, Universe at War, Vancouver 2010, Virtua Tennis 2009

Square Hit Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition plus DLC, Hitman, Hitman 2, Hitman Blood Money, Just Cause 2 plus DLC, Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light plus DLC, Quantum Conundrum & soundtrack, Thief Gold, Thief II, Thief Deadly Shadows, Tomb Raider Legend, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tomb Raider Underworld,

Sniper Elite Franchise Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Sniper Elite, Sniper Elite V2 & Pre-order rifles

Space Marine Pack - $39.99 - Space Marine plus all DLC

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle - $39.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Stardock Collection - $39.99 - Demigod, Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion

Strategy First Complete Pack - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Dangerous Waters, Space Empires IV Deluxe, Disciples II, Iron Warriors, Space Empires V, 688I Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command, Birth of America, Flatout, Flatout 2, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Flatout 3, Ghost Master, Vegas: Make it Big, Making History, Making History 2, Ducati World Championship, Culpa Innata, Sacred Gold, Darkstar One, Jack Keane, Jagged Alliance 2 Gold, Exodus From the Earth, Perimeter 2, Ankh: Heart of Osiris, Ankh: Battle of the Gods, BC Kings, Port Royale 2, 9th Company - Roots of Terror, Puzzle Kingdoms, Patrician III, The Great Art Race, Bad Rats, Razor 2, Chocolatier: Decadence by Design, Cooking Dash, Diaper Dash, Diner Dash, Dream Chronicles, Emerald City Confidential, Wandering Willows, Wedding Dash 2, Zenerchi, DinerTown Tycoon, DinerTown Detective Agency, Nightshift Code, Nightshift Legacy, Fitness Dash, Parking Dash, Mahjong Roadshow, Trijinx, Valerie Porter, Gemini Lost, Ironclads Collection, Dimensity, Hazen, World Basketball Manager 2010, Dark Fall: Lost Souls, Zombie Pirates, Hotel Dash, Deep Black, Fireburst

Sword of the Stars Franchise Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Sword of the Stars Complete, Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter, Immersion Pack DLCs

Tale of Tales Complete Pack - no price yet - The Graveyard, The Path, Fatale

Team Fortress 2 - Summer Community Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Team Fortress 2, Summer 2012 Community Bundle DLC, Premium DLC

Team Fortress 2 - Summer Sale Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Team Fortress 2, Summer 2012 Sale Bundle DLC, Premium DLC

TellTale Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Agent 2, Tales of Monkey Island, The Walking Dead

THQ Collection - $99.99 (placeholder price) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Darksiders, Dawn of War II series, Space Marine, Nexuiz, Homefront, Saints Row: The Third, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes Series, Titan Quest

Total War: Shogun 2 Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Total War: Shogun 2, Rise of the Samurai DLC, Fall of the Samurai expansion pack, Dragon War Battle Pack

Trine Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Trine, Trine 2

Ubisoft Public (probably not a pack, but updated in the last couple of days so who knows) - no price yet - Everything on Steam (6 pages of it, too much to list)

Victoria Franchise Bundle - $99.99 (placeholder price) - Victoria, Victoria II & DLC, Victoria II: A House Divided expansion pack

I'm fairly certain there are more packs still to be added before the sale starts, we're still missing Valve, PopCap, MumboJumbo, Epic, id, Lucasarts, Konami, Rockstar, Sega, WB, Ubisoft and possibly EA.

PaulLFC

So what's the strategy going into the sale? Buy when a game you want comes, or wait until the final day? My first sale.
On the "normal" discounts (i.e. stuff that isn't daily deals) wait for the final day.

On the daily deals, buy them on the day as they will only be that price for the day and won't go lower.

On the final day, buy everything else you want.

derExperte

Wait for the daily deals.

One exception: If right at the start of the sale a game seems to be TOO cheap, buy it immediately. Could be a price mistake like Dead Island the last time and it lasted only a few minutes.

On the daily deals, buy them on the day as they will only be that price for the day and won't go lower.

But if you miss one it could be part of the recap on the last day when the most successful deals are repeated.

PaulLFC

One exception: If right at the start of the sale a game seems to be TOO cheap, buy it immediately. Could be a price mistake like Dead Island the last time and it lasted only a few minutes.
True, same advice for the daily deals - check them as soon as possible and buy what you want ASAP. I bought Test Drive Unlimited 2 for £5 on daily deal last year - after about an hour it went up to £10.

How much was it?

Another mistake was The Witcher 1. Was 1.99€ or 0.99€ but went then to 3.99€ or 2.99€.

mclem

Assuming that GoG's sales are vaguely in sync with Steam's (possibly an unwise assumption): They're currently doing Alan Wake / American Nightmare for around $15 to get both titles.

elektrixx

Banned
On top of waiting for the daily deals, when the new deals hit BUY THEM IMMEDIATELY. (precedence: Terraria being too cheap)

I advise purchasing publisher bundles ASAP as well. (Precedence: Warner Bros. Summer Bundle being removed)

DOA

If I remember correctly, there was an overlap of an hour or two for the dailies, the last winter sale.

it was around 4 hours overlap with for most of each daily items. i think they've learned that changing the new dailies and the old dailies at the same time will over load their servers (because those who want to see the new dailies and those who want to buy the old dailies at the last moment are connecting at the same time)

jgminto

Hoping for some sweet Witcher 2, GTA: EFLC and The Walking Dead discounts. Obviously also interested in all those sweet indie discounts on games like Botanicula but those are the only big games I've got my eyes on, right now at least.

I was only hoping to get Saint's Row The Third for about $12.50 (75% off). But if that $15 price is accurate for the base game and what's essentially the $20 Season Pass, I'd be thrilled.

jgminto

Since it's the 12th in 2 hours for Australia I feel it's only fair that we get first crack at the sales. Just give us some alone time with those sweet discounts and that will make up for allowing Max Payne 3 to be priced $89.99 on Steam.

sazzy

Since it's the 12th in 2 hours for Australia I feel it's only fair that we get first crack at the sales. Just give us some alone time with those sweet discounts and that will make up for allowing Max Payne 3 to be priced $89.99 on Steam.

qft

fushi

Having overspent in the first few Summer sales I didn't really buy much last summer. I'm kinda getting the feeling that this year will be the same.

I want: Bulletstorm, Batman Arkham City GOTY. The former does not seem to be on the list and the latter might be too new to have a good sale. Bah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do they come up all at once in every region or is it end of the day in each separate region?

The normal deals seem to come up as the latter.

jgminto

Do they come up all at once in every region or is it end of the day in each separate region?

The normal deals seem to come up as the latter.

It's the latter. But it just hurts so much when Valve insults us with that "Now Available $89.99" when you open the store. Damn your poisonous words, Gaben!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's the latter. But it just hurts so much when Valve insults us with that "Now Available $89.99" when you open the store. Damn your poisonous words, Gaben!

I'd say fuck the publishers really. :p

Some of them seem to completely ignore it and make it the same price as the US region, which is really weird. Even some of the big ones.

jgminto

I'd say fuck the publishers really. :p

Some of them seem to completely ignore it and make it the same price as the US region, which is really weird. Even some of the big ones.

I've always found it odd that Valve allows it though. Maybe it's external pressure from Aussie retailers? It just seems so strange.

sazzy

I've always found it odd that Valve allows it though. Maybe it's external pressure from Aussie retailers? It just seems so strange.

I don't think Valve can sell other publishers' games at pricepoints of its own choosing.

But that's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom