• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games I want to pick up:

Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty Warchest
Call of Duty World at War
Legend of Grimrock
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (NOT COLONIES EDITION)
Rayman Origins
Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana

Maybe some more.

Most definitely some more.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Monolith guys are pretty cool, think way back they got feedback on what fear 2 should use as DRM.

True, but acceptance of Steamworks is a courtesy extended to just FEAR 3, which is odd considering WB's otherwise exclusive membership to the Lonely Hearts Club.

Edit:
Thanks, shame that. Will wait for the Steam sale then.

Didn't WB also publish War in the North? I think that was Steamworks too, hopefully they expand it to all of their future games.

Oh, yeah, you're right about that. WB suffers from bipolar disorder, methinks.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The best service for gamers? Really? Now that is laughable at best. While their games are not DRM free tell me the last time Valve:

1. Sued gamers for pirating their game like they were part of the music industry?
2. Lied to their consumers and acted like their service was shutting down and acted like the downloads being available was a major issue only to launch a new website and hurting their customers good will in the process?

While I totally agree with the shutting down thing (I've bought maybe one thing from them since), I am fine with the first thing. Fuck pirates.

MRORANGE

True, but acceptance of Steamworks is a courtesy extended to just FEAR 3, which is odd considering WB's otherwise exclusive membership to the Lonely Hearts Club.

Edit:

Oh, yeah, you're right about that. WB suffers from bipolar disorder, methinks.

And Monolith also made the Batman game. So it's really just some weird quirk.

Completely forgot Monolith made Batman Impostors, man there wasted with WB.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And Monolith also made the Batman game. So it's really just some weird quirk.

Meanwhile, at WB:

Zj6zb.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That would be awful..

There is no reason for the best selling title for the past month to receive a large discount. Any sort of discount will receive a large spike, so 25-33% is probably it. 50% if you are extremely lucky.

Wow, can you explain this a bit more? I'm just now getting into GOG for older games I own retail or that can't be found elsewhere.
Suing pirates is no lost to any gamer. Just a waste of resources.

The other was a horrible marketing stunt gone wrong. They were upgrading the site, absolutely fair thing to do, so they decided to announce that GoG is dead.... Yeah, you can see the idiocy in this.

Basically, GoG are good people. They did a pretty fucked up marketing stunt though.

Defense Grid is a fantastic game.

it's one those games, that should be in your libary.

Alright, you win! I`ll get it! :p

Jesus, Im hemorraging money this month :D

I loved TD games.

This is important though - can you pause the game at any time to set and repair towers?

Still hoping for Borderlands 2 + split screen + big picture mode on PC.

You're a good man. I'd also love to see big picture mode being used as a vehicle to push more split-screen modes on PC game versions. Just a couple more split screen shooters and a couple more fighting game ports and I'll be able to leave console gaming behind forever.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tower Defense games give me anxiety. Like, just leave me alone and let me build my shit. I do like Plants Vs. Zombies but it's so easy that I can just sit back and relax after throwing together a few decent rows of fortifications.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Don't care for the sales, bring on the cheevos game!

Tower Defense games give me anxiety. Like, just leave me alone and let me build my shit. I do like Plants Vs. Zombies but it's so easy that I can just sit back and relax after throwing together a few decent rows of fortifications.
Welcome to my life in an RTS.

I want to build this super awesome castle

*5 minutes later*

Fuck you game.

iNvid02

same, the only one i did enjoy was pixeljunk monsters - i dunno why

PaulLFC

A new Painkiller game (Hell and Damnation) is in the registry. There's also a beta for it.

Nancy Drew summer sale pack has been added too.

Edit: The starter pack unlock for Age of Empires Online is there too now it's gone completely F2P, and this reminded me of when I actually paid for the starter pack, and made me feel like an idiot. Their FAQ response to someone asking whether previous buyers would get anything extra when the game goes completely F2P was annoying too - "haha, unlucky" basically.

When I buy it, I'm going to immediately load it up and cultivate the word "GAF" (maybe even the logo if I'm feeling extra farmer that day) into my field and take s screenshot for proof

take that

Fair enough, but I think I speak unanimously that we would rather you do that to your chest hair instead.

Hehe sorry back on the topic of posting what games we want: I want Binding of Isaac, Rayman, JC2, Evochron Mercenary... all the games basically, I've been swelling my wishlist to over 150 slowly from last summer sale.

hlhbk

While I totally agree with the shutting down thing (I've bought maybe one thing from them since), I am fine with the first thing. Fuck pirates.

You do realize (and I have read in interviews before) that pirates make up some of the best programers for developers out there right? I don't pirate, but the truth is piracy being blamed for lack of sales is a bs excuse. It has shown if you release a great product from a reputible company that doesn't treat their consumers like criminals it will sell great on PC.

PaulLFC

Hard Reset Exile DLC just got added.

Is this the huge free update they were talking about that would be in the retail version and given to current owners, or has that already happened?

Hard Reset Exile DLC just got added.

Is this the huge free update they were talking about that would be in the retail version and given to current owners, or has that already happened?

/hype

I've been waiting for this to continue and finish Hard Reset. Saw the retail version two days ago and wondered when it'd come to Steam.

Have there been any lists of probable event-games to have installed for the tickets etc... like last year ppl were doing the things before the sale went live. Might be helpful to start installing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom