• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I hate the most with Steams implementation of free to play games is that it claims all my friends have all the free to play games making it impossible to see if a free to play game is actually worth having when looking on the games store page

That's definitely annoying.

MRORANGE

I've already called my bank and all my credit cards and told them to prepare for Gaben.
vecnA.jpg

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is coming to the PC and it'll be Steamworks:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74760/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-coming-to-pc

So it looks like Activision has fully adopted Steamworks, since Blops, Prototype 2, Transformers, 007 Legends, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Tony Hawk HD are all using it.

I wonder what this means for the supposed release of Battle.net to third parties. It was supposed to be released this year according to the product timeline leak. Does this mean that the idea is now dead?

Edit: Rewrote my last sentence.

Ubi pack added to registry:

Beyond Good and Evil
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
F1 2010
Might and Magic Heroes VI
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Origins

what I hate the most with Steams implementation of free to play games is that it claims all my friends have all the free to play games making it impossible to see if a free to play game is actually worth having when looking on the games store page

Most of them look like garbage so they're pretty easy to dismiss on a whole. I'd rather pay 20$ for CS:GO than waste any of my time in Combat Arms or any of its ilk.

Most of them look like garbage so they're pretty easy to dismiss on a whole. I'd rather pay 20$ for CS:GO than waste any of my time in Combat Arms or any of its ilk.

This is my attitude about them all now. If I'm going to have my ass handed to me constantly I'd rather it be in TF2, Tribes Ascend, or Dota 2 where I actually care about learning from it.

Beyond Good and Evil
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
From Dust Content
F1 2010
Rayman Origins

Gah...I'm starting to get nervous here. I thought I had more than enough extra cash for this sale, but I keep seeing more shit I want to buy!!

I'm mostly ignorant of F2P on Steam. Do they ever put in-game purchases on sale for third party games? I wanna get into Tribes.

Yes, there have been instances where in-game purchases are on sale for third party titles. Spiral Knight and a few other F2P titles had these types of sales already.

PaulLFC

Ubisoft Collection just got added! Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell Conviction, From Dust, Driver San Francisco, AC Revelations, Might and Magic Heroes VI and... F1 2010. The last one must be a mistake.

I wonder what this means for the supposed release of Battle.net to third parties that was supposed to happen. It was supposed to be released this year according to the product timeline leak. Does this mean that the idea is now dead?
We can only hope.

KarmaCow

I'm mostly ignorant of F2P on Steam. Do they ever put in-game purchases on sale for third party games? I wanna get into Tribes.

They did it a couple of times for Spiral Knights and Tribes had that starter pack on sale for the first days when it launched on Steam if that's what you mean. It's all up to the developer/publisher, not Steam though.

PaulLFC

Beyond Good and Evil
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
F1 2010
Rayman Origins
Which site are you seeing this on? Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me I can't see Rayman Origins on the CDR site, all the other games are there though, including F1 for some unknown reason.

Nabs

Which site are you seeing this on? Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me I can't see Rayman Origins on the CDR site, all the other games are there though, including F1 for some unknown reason.

There are two. One has Rayman, the other doesn't.

Razek

Banned
I'm a bit rusty. How do the non daily deals work? As in, do you guys think Oblivion GOTY will get some kind of price cut?

Sendou

Beyond Good and Evil
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
F1 2010
Rayman Origins

Great pack and better yet I don't own any of these games on Steam. These packs are often so cunningly crafted that this rarely is the case.

Enco

I'm a bit rusty. How do the non daily deals work? As in, do you guys think Oblivion GOTY will get some kind of price cut?
Random games get cuts that stay there for the whole sale.

I would say so. I'm guessing most things will be on sale.

Nabs

Nearly everything gets a price cut. There's a good chance it will also be part of a daily franchise deal.

Oblivion can be a daily deal, but don't hold your breath. I would guess Skyrim will be a daily deal though, and on that particular day Oblivion and Morrowind may be 75% off as well (as opposed to, say, a regular 50% during the sale).

Your best bet, as it's been said, is to wait until Skyrim is on sale, to see if Oblivion will also go on sale. If the discount stays the same on all days of the Steam sale then you can pick it up on the last day, without banging your head against the wall if you buy it earlier and then see it -75% the next day.

Hope I was clear. :p

dLMN8R

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is coming to the PC and it'll be Steamworks:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/74760/tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-coming-to-pc

So it looks like Activision has fully adopted Steamworks, since Blops, Prototype 2, Transformers, 007 Legends, The Amazing Spider-Man, and Tony Hawk HD are all using it.

I wonder what this means for the supposed release of Battle.net to third parties. It was supposed to be released this year according to the product timeline leak. Does this mean that the idea is now dead?

Edit: Rewrote my last sentence.

Where did you see that THPS is using Steamworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom