• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Have there been any lists of probable event-games to have installed for the tickets etc... like last year ppl were doing the things before the sale went live. Might be helpful to start installing now.

Dwarfs very likely.

Krater needed to be patched. As for the others, maybe: for instance, Dwarfs would not need a bug-fixing patch, so the patch is very likely to add a mini-game for the Summer contest.

kafiend

I have Torchlight and The ship in my steam inventory. Quote with which one you want and your steam name so I can gift it.

Edit: oooh I became a member and my first post as such is good karma :)

Edit2: GONE!

Wok

After seeing this screenshot, I am considering buying Revelations 2012 during the sales. Could this be a daily deal?

r1SK2.jpg

Rufus

"New" clearly modifies "game". Take that, runes. :p
There's nothing else to talk about. Have some pedantry:

"New game" is ambiguous because of its semantics. It can be interpreted as 'newly released on the market', 'on sale for the first time' or just 'another/different-than-the-one-before game'. It doesn't matter that "new" modifies "game" in this case.

Wok

Hell and dat ass. Sounds like a winner.

I cannot see if this 3D model shows textures with a tatoo in the back. It this was the case, this would mean it is the texture believed to be inspired from the mother of the dev family. It was creepy knowing the texture was made for a fully naked character. It may be a positive point for the game indeed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's nothing else to talk about. Have some pedantry:

"New game" is ambiguous because of its semantics. It can be interpreted as 'newly released on the market', 'on sale for the first time' or just 'another/different-than-the-one-before game'. It doesn't matter that "new" modifies "game" in this case.

Precisely why I put the :p at the end.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
JaseC is just upset that I refuse to let him see my Saoirse Runen.

It is the most powerful of them all.

Except for Double Scorpion.

I've said it before, but this is the sale that I will finally be the proud owner of Farming Sim 2011, muahahhaahahahahaha
It's not even really fun to laugh at. It just sort of sits there and you question why you thought it would be funny. I had to write a short story about it just to make it mildly interesting and even that sucked.

I'm on my phone but this link should work: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=36900052&postcount=385 if you want to read my dumb thing about it.

JaseC

Mhm, mhm.

Haha, see, I use :p to denote something that shouldn't be taken seriously*, and ;) when I mean what I say but just in a lighthearted manner -- although I'm sure I've used them interchangeably once or twice, unintentionally.

* I omit it when I think the joke is obvious enough.

JaseC is just upset that I refuse to let him see my Saoirse Runen.

It is the most powerful of them all.

Except for Double Scorpion.

A tip of the hat to you, good sir.

It's not even really fun to laugh at. It just sort of sits there and you question why you thought it would be funny. I had to write a short story about it just to make it mildly interesting and even that sucked.

Your story is the reason I want to play the game. It's one of those scenarios one yearns to experience for himself.

I believe I have a copy of The Ship, add me: BioHazard54. I'll check when I get home.

Hey Biohazard, I goofed and kafiend couldn't give me the copy because I already owned. I was asking about it for a friend, who literally asked me about the game last night. So Kafiend said he will just pass the copy on to JaceC.

HOWEVER, if you still have a copy you wouldn't mind giving out, my friend who is looking for one is nephrendus on steam. He just built a PC for the first time about 3 weeks ago so I'm hepling him curate good games for his Steam collection. I can tell him to add you if you are willing to help out. He needs people in his friends list anyway just to compare stuff with. He has two currently. :)

Rufus

Haha, see, I use :p to denote something that shouldn't be taken seriously*, and ;) when I mean what I say but just in a lighthearted manner -- although I'm sure I've used them interchangeably once or twice, unintentionally.

* I omit it when I think the joke is obvious enough.
I generally take smileys to mean 'lighthearted'. (Except :/, which I find really useful for expressing speechlessness and doesn't look tasteless even when used for legitimately tragic news.) I didn't recognize it as a joke with or without. To use your system though, it looked like you were using ;), only :p is obviously slightly different. Perhaps more cheeky than generally mischievous? Something like that.

I feel like this whole conversation is a +1 to a social disability meter for me...

rybrad

I generally take smileys to mean 'lighthearted'. (Except :/, which I find really useful for expressing speechlessness and doesn't look tasteless even when used for legitimately tragic news.) I didn't recognize it as a joke with or without. To use your system though, it looked like you were using ;), only :p is obviously slightly different. Perhaps more cheeky than generally mischievous? Something like that.

I feel like this whole conversation is a +1 to a social disability meter for me...
Knowing is half the battle.

The_Monk

While everyone can't wait for the sale tomorrow (right?) my mind can only think of one thing... how healthy it is for my laptop to be at 90ºC (194 F) when playing? I have a hard time believe it can handle it. It worries me so much that I avoid playing...

JaseC

Cheers, kaf. :)

Oh, yeah, forgot about that one, haha.

MRORANGE

While everyone can't wait for the sale tomorrow (right?) my mind can only think of one thing... how healthy it is for my laptop to be at 90ºC (194 F) when playing? I have a hard time believe it can handle it. It worries me so much that I avoid playing...

just don't block the vents and you should be good.

PS: don't put it on your lap.

This Summer Sale needs to start. I'm so worn out from school/work/etc. that I need something to pre-occupy my time. Seriously, I even get paid tomorrow Gaben. Please take my money :(

I wish you could opt out of free to play games. Like just have a filter in the store that removed stuff like Combat Arms, Micro Volts, Dungeon Fighters Online et all from your storefront and announcement pop ups. I'm not interested in these things.

MasLegio

Banned
I wish you could opt out of free to play games. Like just have a filter in the store that removed stuff like Combat Arms, Micro Volts, Dungeon Fighters Online et all from your storefront and announcement pop ups. I'm not interested in these things.

what I hate the most with Steams implementation of free to play games is that it claims all my friends have all the free to play games making it impossible to see if a free to play game is actually worth having when looking on the games store page

Katoki

Thanks. I have one, it's quite useless to be honest.

I read/heard that the intake is through they keys or something anyway. On the bright side, a laptop cooler will cool the unibody pretty damn quick after you finish gaming... can't speak for the internals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom