• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says no where that the sale will be focused around daily sales anywhere. I know how the sales work I've been on steam for 9 years I'm just throwing that out there.

They could mix it up this year and be like fuck it, the steam summer sale DAY DEAL, all days=1 day all discounts stay epic for the entirety.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It says no where that the sale will be focused around daily sales anywhere. I know how the sales work I've been on steam for 9 years I'm just throwing that out there.

They could mix it up this year and be like fuck it, the steam summer sale DAY DEAL, all days=1 day all discounts stay epic for the entirety.

That could very well be the case, for sure, but I think the current formula works well and they're not likely to mess with it, because it provides the best balance of exposure for everything versus extra exposure for key titles.

But it's Valve, for all we know the sale could be that you have to solve Portal puzzles to unlock Toki Tori levels which you finish to get 75% off Bad Rats coupons.

Wok

Cubemen is also apparently on sale
[...]
Sale ends June 28th

lNYoP.png

I still can't believe that the cubemen developer leaked the real date

Poor dude from Cubemen :p
Never forget how, in his acts of innocence, he gave us a light of hope!

I won't forget you, Cubeman. If you had not existed, Internet would have gone crazy for two weeks.

Hum. It went crazy. It would have been crazier for sure.

Summer time... vacation time. Tomorrow 10 a.m. PST.

Derrick01

Banned
Ubi pack added to registry:

Beyond Good and Evil
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
Driver San Francisco
From Dust
F1 2010
Might and Magic Heroes VI
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Rayman Origins

I don't think I've ever seen a more schizophrenic pack. It's almost good-shit-good-shit in exact order.

dominuece

I went swimming for five hours today. Now, I'm about to eat a huge seafood dinner. If I'm lucky, this combo will put me in a deep sleep. When I wake up, magic will happen.

That could very well be the case, for sure, but I think the current formula works well and they're not likely to mess with it, because it provides the best balance of exposure for everything versus extra exposure for key titles.

But it's Valve, for all we know the sale could be that you have to solve Portal puzzles to unlock Toki Tori levels which you finish to get 75% off Bad Rats coupons.

I agree they work well, and give people a chance to rest from day to day, while also peaking interest and exposure by giving incentive to revisit every day.

It's neat how creative they get with it.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh FUCK YEAHHHH Tony Hawk on PC!! I was about to dust off my old 360 but nooopee! It's gonna stay unplugged now. Best news of the day.

nexen

Shit. Still no Steam sale.
Looks like the summer sale isn't going to happen. So bummed.
Well, looks like I'm out until x-mas then. Cya for the winter sale!

hlhbk

I know this is off topic, but not sure where to put this. I am reading and apparently if you want the digital deluxe edition of Assassins Creed III you have to order it off of ubishop.com. Anyone ever order from them?

Megasoum

Banned
I know this is off topic, but not sure where to put this. I am reading and apparently if you want the digital deluxe edition of Assassins Creed III you have to order it off of ubishop.com. Anyone ever order from them?

AHH, I KNEW it! It's "uplayworks"!

iNvid02

usually steam gets an edition with preorder bonuses, i'd wait if you want to get it on steam.

ubishop is ok, although as they are the publisher the shop is overpriced

plus you can redownload/manage games via the uplay client now, so if you can get the edition you are after cheaper somewhere else do that, the key will bind to your account

1-D_FTW

Started getting sucked into the Race 07 and GTR: Evolution demos. I need this sale to start pronto so I can start playing the full games (No chance they'll be a daily, but they should be part of the catalog sale at 50 - 75 off). These have suddenly jumped to the top of my want list.

Joe Molotov

Well, I guess I don't want it then.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't think I've ever seen a more schizophrenic pack. It's almost good-shit-good-shit in exact order.

I hope you're not calling Rayman shit. I mean, in all likelihood you haven't even played it, but still, you would be dead wrong because that game owns. I have it on Vita but I might double dip just to have it on Steam.

Wok

Gonna be out till 6pm (UK time) so I'll be home just in time (probably 10 mins late).

Can't. Wait.

From what I noticed in previous sales, you get to know the deals a few minutes before the official start of the sales. Then Steam goes down for two or three hours, due to a massive incoming traffic. Finally, everything is working fine.

That's why I load some money in my Steam wallet. If there is a good deal, I might get it before Steam goes down.

Enco

From what I noticed in previous sales, you get to know the deals a few minutes before the official start of the sales. Then Steam goes down for two or three hours, due to a massive incoming traffic. Finally, everything is working fine.

That's why I load some money in my Steam wallet. If there is a good deal, I might get it before Steam goes down.
Yea you can always find stuff a few mins before and you gotta go fast.

Probably wont be down for hours but I can see it screwing up for a while.

Derrick01

Banned
I hope you're not calling Rayman shit. I mean, in all likelihood you haven't even played it, but still, you would be dead wrong because that game owns. I have it on Vita but I might double dip just to have it on Steam.

Nah I would switch F1 and M&M and Rayman with AC to even out the list. AC isn't completely awful either. It's more like I've played the same game 3 times in a row and I'm so tired of it it's kind of shitty by now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nah I would switch F1 and M&M and Rayman with AC to even out the list. AC isn't completely awful either. It's more like I've played the same game 3 times in a row and I'm so tired of it it's kind of shitty by now.

Yeah, I was big on the first two AC games but halfway through Brotherhood I got totally burnt out. I might check out 3 but I wouldn't bother with Revelations at pretty much any price.

Assassin's Creed is a weird franchise for me.

I enjoyed AC1 somewhat, loved AC2 but haven't touched either BroHo nor Revelaitons yet and while AC3 looks extremely good it's reached the point of oversaturation for me because of the spin-offs and additional media. I'd be completely fine with just the mainline entries but my mild OCD makes it hard to enjoy a series when I know that there's a shitton more of content that I'll never play/see/read. Especially when most is just utter crap.

Weirdly enough, I don't have this problem with the Warhammer 40k stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom