• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I guess not everyone is perfect, especially if they enjoy games that rip off games better than itself.

Singularity takes many aspects from a pond of ideas already done and builds its own thing by using them.

It's a great game.

Do you like Tarantino films?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I guess not everyone is perfect, especially if they enjoy games that rip off games better than itself.

ibmvebLwLZmBkh.gif

System Shock 2 is better than Bioshock, I agree.

Firebrand

How is Beyond good and Evil on PC?

Not a stellar port, IIRC there's no gamepad support and if you want to invert the Y-axis on the mouse you can't do it without inverting X as well. Madness.

I also had some graphical issues that can only be fixed by disabling the "HW Vertex Processing" option, which would result in really poor performance. See this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682893 . Might not be an issue on a semi-modern machine. Also think cutscene audio could go out of sync on 2+ core machines, maybe manually assigning the process to a core in the task manager is enough to fix that.

I loved the game on the Xbox, but I regret paying ~€2 for the PC version.

Joe Molotov

Capcom didn't even have daily sales last holiday sale. Only slight discounts which everyone either owned, or were a complete ripoff. I think it might change this sale, but I wouldn't hold my breath for top tier capcom sales.

Best Capcom sale ever was when Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition was accidentally 43% for an hour the day it came out.

gabbo

Not a stellar port, IIRC there's no gamepad support and if you want to invert the Y-axis on the mouse you can't do it without inverting X as well. Madness.

I also had some graphical issues that can only be fixed by disabling the "HW Vertex Processing" option, which would result in really poor performance. See this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682893 . Might not be an issue on a semi-modern machine. Also think cutscene audio could go out of sync on 2+ core machines, maybe manually assigning the process to a core in the task manager is enough to fix that.

I loved the game on the Xbox, but I regret paying ~€2 for the PC version.

Other than the gamepad issue, which I didn't come across as I didn't use one, I can't say these affected me at all. I guess it's a case of do your homework/read steam forums to see if you're likely to get hit.

Romir

How is Beyond good and Evil on PC?

The game being letterboxed 4:3 with black bars on the top and bottom to make it "widescreen" drove me nuts. Because on a true widescreen monitor you get bars on the left and right too from displaying a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Well by default is stretches the game horizontally at widescreen resolutions but I added 1440x1080 (4:3) so I could play it without stretching.

That just really sucks since the original intent was a widescreen experience to begin with.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How do you guys know its in 15 hours?
Midweek madness only ends early in the day if a big sale is starting then.

I probably shouldn't have put that in spoiler tags because it makes it seems like I'm joking. That actually wasn't a joke.
True, and you better get it then, too, or you'll get hit with the understocked game keys error when you try to install.

How to get multilanguage version of games ? I use steam in french and I know if I turn it in english, games will boot in english but they redownload completly... Any other ways ?

Salsa

Wasn't gonna post this but i'll do just in case: seems like I wont be around tomorrow by the time the sales go up, so I already posted the thread somewhere else and Stumpokapow used his mod powers to hide it. He'll be moving and unlocking the thread accordingly tomorrow by the time the sales go up
all this assuming they go up tomorrow of course

reason im posting it is because the dailies will be taken care of but I wont be able to make a section for whatever the hunt/tickets/whatever the hell they put out this time till I get home a couple hours after the sales start so yeah.

Not a stellar port, IIRC there's no gamepad support and if you want to invert the Y-axis on the mouse you can't do it without inverting X as well. Madness...I loved the game on the Xbox, but I regret paying ~€2 for the PC version.

Weird that Ubisoft didn't release the updated HD Live and PSN versions on Steam. They forgot about Outland as well.

Megasoum

Banned
I just finished Episode 1 of Walking Dead a second time.... man now I REALLY want to play Day Z lol. Zombies, bandits, inventory, guns! arghhh

Wasn't gonna post this but i'll do just in case: seems like I wont be around tomorrow by the time the sales go up, so I already posted the thread somewhere else and Stumpokapow used his mod powers to hide it. He'll be moving and unlocking the thread accordingly tomorrow by the time the sales go up

reason im posting it is because the dailies will be taken care of but I wont be able to make a section for whatever the hunt/tickets/whatever the hell they put out this time till I get home a couple hours after the sales start so yeah.

Your work is much appreciated

slacker

That Stardock pack looks amazing. All three of those games are on my wish list. The only concern I have is whether I'll play both GalCiv II and Sins.

Oh, and I only have $10 in my wallet.

BRING ON THE SALE ANYWAY!

Salsa

We need someone who has no life and can stay glued to his screen 24/7 updating that OP!

that's me except tomorrow and the day after (we're on a two week vacation here)

timing's a bitch

edit: worst part is that im sick as fuck yet I couldnt get away.. gonna be an awful day, specially if the sales dont show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom