• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Games I want in the summer sale at decent prices:

Analogue: A Hate Story
Rage

These, also:

Yesterday
SSFIV (bwaha)
Y's
LOTR War of the North
LA Noire
The Walking Dead
..and probably tons of games I don't remember from the top of my head.

While the holiday sale often offers me the things I'm not interested in or I already own, the summer sale is where it's at!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The only game I'm waiting in Steam summer sale are Rayman Origins and Binary Domain.

I know Rayman has a huge chance of getting a huge discount, but what about BD?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Suuuure buddy, suuuure...

Eh, There's honestly nothing I want at the moment. I really can't see myself picking up much at all. The past 2 Christmas sales it's been about a handful of cheap games and that's it.

Once you go through one or two steam sales there's usually very little left as time goes on. If you wanted any of the "big" games you either pick them up on day 1 or somewhere else like GMG for a better discount.

I'm more interesting in what sort of event they will have for this sale.

Arnie

Does anyone have a copy of Civ 5 they'd like to sell? I just checked and it was £5 on Steam a few weeks ago; wondering if anyone bought it but doesn't really want it. Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

moojito

I reckon trine 2 is a safe bet. And arkham city. Tried the demo of that the other day, seemed pretty good.

I was hoping for anno 2070, but it's still £34.99 and fairly new. I really wish they'd put anno 1404 back on steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Any trick to getting the Steam overlay to work with Deus Ex: IW? I also noticed the overlay never used to work for Hitman 47, but now it does. Must be a Steam client thing.

Deus Ex: IW is one of several games that loads a different .exe when actually in the game. Steam recognizes the main menu, but once you load a level that .exe is killed and the devs didn't set it up so that Steam would know about the second .exe.

Blazing Angels and Prince of Persia 2008 are examples of games where the launcher is recognized as the "game," but switches .exe when actually in game.

Card Boy

Banned
Just started Dead Space 2, what is this? MP is dead, and is pretty crap when i finally got into a game. SP isn't scary so far unlike the first one. Graphics are very nice.

Deus Ex: IW is one of several games that loads a different .exe when actually in the game. Steam recognizes the main menu, but once you load a level that .exe is killed and the devs didn't set it up so that Steam would know about the second .exe.

Blazing Angels and Prince of Persia 2008 are examples of games where the launcher is recognized as the "game," but switches .exe when actually in game.

Dam. Ah well. I was hoping to run the game twice but no go, I wanted to see how long it takes me to clock.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Imma gonna compare it to local price then. Here exchange rate is 420~php = 10 bucks, and I've seen games that would have been 60 usd sell for only 20~ usd here.

Sarcasm

Just started Dead Space 2, what is this? MP is dead, and is pretty crap when i finally got into a game. SP isn't scary so far unlike the first one. Graphics are very nice.

Dam. Ah well. I was hoping to run the game twice but no go, I wanted to see how long it takes me to clock.

have you gone to set launch options (or something similar) and added -launcher? I have to do it with D3/WoW because steam recognizes launcher but not game w/o it.

MNC

Did you find Dead Space 1 scary?

to be completely honest: summer sales are like my christmas now. It's like relieving those childhood moments of waking up and seeing your presents.

It's super weird but yeah, first thing I do when I wake up is check what's on sale, even if I know im not buying anything

zebralionhug.jpg

Relax.MX

I just finish The Witcher 2 for the second time, this time in hard(is god mode after the first chapter)..the new end of the game is just cruel, now i just to play the 3..CD Project please take my money right now for the preorder!!!

Im looking for a adventure: Point and Click

Mmm i love the music and the art but i guess Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery is not for me...right now...i guess is gonna be Grim Fandango again :) and wait for The Walking Dead on the Sale :)

And a Adventure - Action game

But the sale is soo close...mm is Dungeon Siege III from Obsidian right? do it or not? the game is short?

Wok

I just went through most of my steam library and started uninstalling games I just don't play. Good god that was depressing. Most of the stuff was under 1 hour of playtime, I'm guessing just about everything I've purchased never really grabbed me or I was too busy playing something else.

There will certainly be some restraint when it comes to the next steam sale, That's for sure.

Eh, There's honestly nothing I want at the moment. I really can't see myself picking up much at all. The past 2 Christmas sales it's been about a handful of cheap games and that's it.

Once you go through one or two steam sales there's usually very little left as time goes on.

You could have a peek at my wish-list (24 games), you may very well change your mind.

I won't be buying them all, of course. My conditions are as follows: the game
  • would be played in the next six months (before the next sale),
  • is at a really lower price than before (check steamprices),
  • is not bloated with DRM (besides Steam),
  • is published by a company which knows the euro-dollar exchange rate well (a difference no more than the VAT for my country).

EvB

How long until these Sales stop happening?

Looking at the list of the poster above, he list a game that isn't even out yet as being an expected game in the sale..

Wok

How long until these Sales stop happening?

Looking at the list of the poster above, he list a game that isn't even out yet as being an expected game in the sale..

I don't expect every game on my list to be deeply discounted. A small discount is always possible. For instance, there is a new Magicka DLC (Other Side) which will be released on Tuesday 19th June. It could go on sale. Remember the last Magicka DLC (Cthulhu) which I bougt day one (released at the beginning of December 2011), it was discounted during the Winter sales.

Sarcasm

imA6ambJW6FUZ.PNG

So week ago (liek when Civ5 got workshop) it wanted to download 3GB of data. I was like hell no I amg onna play me some D3 (or any online game). For that amoutn of data..I normally pause it while playing. Well I did. Than I tried to restart it and it wouldn't.

Fast forward to like today and this is what I see now? Take now the computer has been off for like 24 hours and I just booted up to it and see this.

HoosTrax

So I saw this in the new trailer releases:

capsule_184x69.jpg

Then I read the description:

Fray is the first simultaneous, turn-based multiplayer strategy game. Set in a dystopian future in the year 2098 where human interaction is confined to virtual reality modules, three mega-corporations vie for control of Earth.

Hello, Frozen Synapse?

MRORANGE

In the first hours of the summer sale, some already discounted products are going to cheaper than before (Like Dead Island in the winter sale. or Super Street Fighter in the summer sale).

Weekend madness and any pre-orders are worth tabbing just to make sure they get heavily discounted.

Wok

Hello, Frozen Synapse?

Features:
  • Unique simultaneous-turn-based gameplay!
  • Multiplayer: Hostage Rescue, Disputed, Secure (bidding-based mode), Extermination, Charge, Upload

Game? Frozen Synapse.

What are the system requirements of Frozen Synapse?
  • PC/MAC
  • OS Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, OSX Leopard or later
  • Memory: 512meg
  • Processor/Gfx card: for PC, will run on low-end modern hardware (e.g. netbooks) ; for MAC, 1GHZ PowerPC (or Intel)

What are the system requirements of Fray?
  • PC
  • OS Requirements: Windows XP SP3, 7
  • Processor:Dual Core
  • Memory:3 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
  • Graphics:Nvidia 8800GT minimum, Nvidia GT240 recommended

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
yes but co-op is shit. Your partner is basically a helper character that doesnt save progresion and whatnot.

You do have save progression, it's just tied to the hosts save. I beat the entire game with my friend as host and I used the same character every time. Each play session all my equimpent, stats, levels were exactly where they were when we last stopped playing. The game isn't built around new game + or progression/loot outside of a single playthrough so playing on the hosts save is perfectly fine if you are going to play just co-op.

But people see the Diablo perspective and start making assumptions.

Speaking of local multi... I'm looking for anything split-screen/local co-op or versus as long as it's good and supports controllers. Any suggestions?

I have:

Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Dungeon Siege III
Dustforce
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Jamestown
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Magicka
Nation Red
Renegade Ops
Shank
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Trine

I plan to get:

Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Blur
LEGO stuff
Rayman Origins
Shank 2
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Trine 2

Edit: Added some stuff I forgot and the nice people from PCGAF reminded me of.

HoosTrax

Speaking of local multi... I'm looking for anything split-screen/local co-op or versus as long as it's good and supports controllers. Any suggestions?
Are you into fighting games at all? I *assume* (read: haven't verified) that SFIV, Mortal Kombat Kollection, and the upcoming Skullgirls have local versus in addition to networked versus.

I think Jamestown supports 4-player local co-op.

4_playtestingsetup-4e88e79-intro.jpg

(picture taken from Ars Technica article about indie game development)

Are you into fighting games at all? I *assume* (read: haven't verified) that SFIV, Mortal Kombat Kollection, and the upcoming Skullgirls have local versus in addition to networked versus.

I am very much but I'm not really into Skullgirls and played way too much of the old MKs in the past (I'd be in for the new one if they brought it to PC though).

Anybody know how intrusive is GFWL for SSFIVAE?

Edit: Oh yeah, I own Jamestown too, totally forgot about it :)

Gamestop had a sale on for the Assassin's Creed series. The whole collection f them+the DLC is $55. Is it worth it, or do you think they'll be cheaper during the Steam sale? The Half Life Collection is also $14, is that worth it too?

Nabs

I am very much but I'm not really into Skullgirls and played way too much of the old MKs in the past (I'd be in for the new one if they brought it to PC though).

Anybody know how intrusive is GFWL for SSFIVAE?

It's used for matchmaking and stuff, but it's not horribad or anything. AE is a great port and definitely worth it on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom