• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

DagsJT

Speaking of local multi... I'm looking for anything split-screen/local co-op or versus as long as it's good and supports controllers. Any suggestions?

I have:

Dungeon Siege III
Jamestown
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Magicka
Renegade Ops
Shank
Trine

I plan to get:

Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Blur
LEGO stuff
Rayman Origins
Shank 2
Trine 2

Just looking down my list:

Sega & Sonic Racing
Aquaria (I think)
Atom Zombie Smasher (I think)
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Dustforce
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Nation Red
Worms Crazy Golf (currently 75% off for next hour)

Do CoD games tend to go on sale often? I'm from the UK but it's much cheaper to get Black Ops off Amazon.com for £21 than to pay £39 for it here.

Will it go cheaper you reckon?

(Also, 99% of the time, it's cheaper to buy from the US amazon store for UK'ers.)

Just looking down my list:

Sega & Sonic Racing
Aquaria (I think)
Atom Zombie Smasher (I think)
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Dustforce
Nation Red
Worms Crazy Golf (currently 75% off for next hour)

You know your Steam situation is bad when you don't even know about some basic features your games have; I already own most of the stuff you mentioned :lol

Aquaria has no multiplayer though but thanks anyway :)

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wish the CoD War Chest would get a sale. Hasn't had a discount in awhile, and the hell if I know where my disks went.

dani_dc

Speaking of local multi... I'm looking for anything split-screen/local co-op or versus as long as it's good and supports controllers. Any suggestions?

I have:

Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Dungeon Siege III
Dustforce
Jamestown
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Magicka
Nation Red
Renegade Ops
Shank
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Trine

I plan to get:

Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Blur
LEGO stuff
Rayman Origins
Shank 2
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Trine 2

Edit: Added some stuff I forgot and the nice people from PCGAF reminded me of.

If you don't mind a bit of work, you can force split-screen and controller support with valve games such as L4D1/L4D2 and Portal 2 games via console

header_292x136.jpg

Driver San Francisco is the Daily Deal, 75% off. I doubt it'll be cheaper during the Summer Sale.

Ah, it was Capsized that I was thinking of!

Ah, that always looked interesting. Thanks!

If you don't mind a bit of work, you can force split-screen and controller support with valve games such as L4D1/L4D2 and Portal 2 games via console

Yeah, I'll look into these, thanks. I'd really like to know why Valve doesn't just patch the function in without going through all of this.

legacyzero

Banned
Damn i really want Driver, but I'm broke. It'll probably go on sale again during the summer sale anyway.

Driver: San Fransisco seems to be the daily, any word on this?

The concept is fucking ridiculous. If you can get past that, the actual gameplay is the best of the series. Being able to switch to different cars (ANY CAR) on the fly gives you a brand new approach on how to handle the games various mission types.

For instance: Want to change to a car in the oncoming lane about a quarter mile out to take out the person you're chasing head on?

Tomodachi

Got Driver Deluxe Version, total impulse buy, forgetting I am broke right now.
But I've heard good things about it and I doubt it will be ever cheaper than this, even during summer sale. And guess what, I'll start it right away, for a change.

damagecontrol.gif

Addnan

Has Skyrim been on sale yet? I already have it on Xbox so didn't really want to pay full price for it. Chances of it being in the summer sale?

Has Skyrim been on sale yet? I already have it on Xbox so didn't really want to pay full price for it. Chances of it being in the summer sale?

It's been on sale 4 times on Steam, always around $40 so I think it'll be at least that during the summer sale. Why not wait for the GOTY version anyway?

Addnan

It's been on sale 4 times on Steam, always around $40 so I think it'll be at least that during the summer sale. Why not wait for the GOTY version anyway?
I am weak :( GOTY probably won't come out until some time next year I would imagine asuming theres more than 1 DLC (?)

Thanks for answering everyone, really hoping it goes 50%, 75% would be a insta-buy. My budget for this sale is pretty low, at the moment budget is whatever I can make from Diablo, which is £25 right now.

3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft Online Service Platform.

So have these been reliable since Winter Holiday when they went down for days with no communication from Ubisoft?

legacyzero

Banned
I am weak :( GOTY probably won't come out until some time next year I would imagine asuming theres more than 1 DLC (?)

Thanks for answering everyone, really hoping it goes 50%, 75% would be a insta-buy. My budget for this sale is pretty low, at the moment budget is whatever I can make from Diablo, which is £25 right now.
We'll probably see at least two "expansions" by the time we get a GOTY edition I think. So yeah, next year :lol

Blizzard

Banned
imA6ambJW6FUZ.PNG

So week ago (liek when Civ5 got workshop) it wanted to download 3GB of data. I was like hell no I amg onna play me some D3 (or any online game). For that amoutn of data..I normally pause it while playing. Well I did. Than I tried to restart it and it wouldn't.

Fast forward to like today and this is what I see now? Take now the computer has been off for like 24 hours and I just booted up to it and see this.
Have you tried changing your download region and restarting Steam?

Hm, you need to log in to start Driver. I can wait until they patch it out.

So are we, my friend. :(

Licensed cars I assume (none of that Burnout-esque made-up cars that are clearly based on real world ones)?

Is the focus on driving, or is it more of an action game like Mafia?
There is only driving. And there is a story, a surprisingly good one from the first few hours I played of it on ps3. No running around. No shooting.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Damn, Driver San Francisco is the daily deal? And 75% off? That's pretty good. It won't go for cheaper than that on the summer sale for sure.

You know the rule. Never buy anything before the daily deal, unless it's 75% or more.

1-D_FTW

I'm a little skeptical as to whether I have the juice in my system to run Driver at 120hz, but at that price, I'll just test it for myself.

Worst case scenario is I have to wait for a new GPU and it goes on sale for 4.99 at Christmas. I'll live if it costs me an extra 2.50:)

kafiend

There is only driving. And there is a story, a surprisingly good one from the first few hours I played of it on ps3. No running around. No shooting.

I had a huge amount of fun with Driver SF. I think it was incredibly underrated. The "body shift" mechanic sounds crazier than it is, it worked really well and I'd have no hesitation in buying another Driver game that employed the same thing.
The Ubishit login bollocks I forgave grudgingly and I really do think it harmed the games reputation. However, at 75% off it really should be an essential purchase.

I preordered it (I think) at £34.99 and I certainly had my moneys worth. Even at 1/2 price I'd be saying get it NOW!

Megasoum

Banned
Wow, Driver SF for 7.50$ is a steal! This game is amazing and the biggest surprise of last year. I paid 4 times that on ebay for a copy imported from India and it was well worth it lol.

Sarcasm

A friend and fellow gaffer (not me) are looking for 2 more for a TL2 4 pack.

Send PM if interested.

If you can host and in US that be perfect.

Also how is the multiplayer on driver?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Driver: San Fran is tied with Burnout Revenge as my favorite driving game this gen so I'm double dipping.

I don't trust Ubi so I'm buying it now. They'll probably troll with 50% off during the summer sale rather than going full ham at 85% off. Also, make sure to grab an ENB mod to fix the lighting and color balance.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
How does Driver SF run on Mac? My gaming PC is currently in storage and all I have is my Macbook with a 9600M GT. Sucks I can't use a 360 pad without switching into Bootcamp either, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom