• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

Game hasn't been working for me either until about 30 minutes ago I tried it again and it finally loaded up. Seems like keys are going out finally so shouldn't be too much longer.

Yeah I can launch too, but it says my key is invalid. A common problem according to the Steam forums

gdt

Not taking my advice on Portal 2 I see. Your call. But the chances of running into spoilers from Deus Ex: HR is almost nil. It's pretty hard at this point to not run into spoilers from Portal 2.

Oh yeah for that reason alone jump into Portal 2. Dat ending. I think I had a awe-overload during it.

RiverBed

Banned
This is so depressing....

This thread is almost dead, no activity, no life. It's sad to see all the awesome giveaways, people talking, complaining, crying, hoping, pleading.... all gone.

sigh

Well, if it were constant, it wouldn't be special. ;P

But I know what you mean.

Speaking of sales, How often does Steam have one? Is it every season? Is there a main annual sale?

Also, I am a victim of backlogging; but here how I stopped (as I only bought one single game this time as apposed to the 80 I bought last year; unless I feel like playing a particular game(s) immediately, I'd wait it out. Just try to play something you already have because there will always be another sale and a lot of games seem to show up in sales over and over.
I feel silly when I'm looking at either my Steam or PSN games and notice a few titles that I had completely forgotten I owned... >_<' That big green banner under a game's page on Steam saved me from a lot of re-purchases of the same game. It made me feel more stupid...
Well, that's how I got over hoarding games without playing them, anyway.

Sianos

This thread is almost dead, no activity, no life. It's sad to see all the awesome giveaways, people talking, complaining, crying, hoping, pleading.... all gone.

sigh
Remember, its the juxtaposition from regular times that make special times feel so amazing.

The sale madness will be back soon, for now let us roll in our haul of games.

Just kidding, let's just lurk the forums and wait for MIDWEEK MADNESS

kitzkozan

sigh

This is what make those sales special, otherwise it would be business as usual. The positive is that it seems more people than ever are embracing digital download on PC so I expect to see more deal being posted on GAF from amazon, steam or green man gaming. :]

Caerith

Is there any way to sign out of the Steam mobile app? Or does it do it automatically when you close out of it?
Well there's a sign out option that lets you close the app, but there's no option I'm aware of to actually log out and get prompted for your username and password.

Well there's a sign out option that lets you close the app, but there's no option I'm aware of to actually log out and get prompted for your username and password.

There is! All you have to do is go to settings and there will be a "Sign Out" button that will immediately sign you out and bring you to the username and password entry screen.

There is! All you have to do is go to settings and there will be a "Sign Out" button that will immediately sign you out and bring you to the username and password entry screen.

I'm not seeing anything, anywhere about closing or signing out.

Thanks again!

I'm not seeing anything, anywhere about closing or signing out.

Are you on an Apple or Droid/Google Play product?

If Google Play, do this:

When in the Steam app, click your menu button. Mgiht be three lines, might be four squares, I don't know! That depends on your phone.
Scroll down on the side bar that pops out until you see "Settings".
When you click settings, let it load and you should see a blue bar saying "Sign Out."

Alternatively, you can just click the menu button and scroll down to the bottom and choose "Exit Application."

I'm not the best teacher, but I hope I helped!

Thanks again!

Are you on an Apple or Droid/Google Play product?

If Google Play, do this:

When in the Steam app, click your menu button. Mgiht be three lines, might be four squares, I don't know! That depends on your phone.
Scroll down on the side bar that pops out until you see "Settings".
When you click settings, let it load and you should see a blue bar saying "Sign Out."

Alternatively, you can just click the menu button and scroll down to the bottom and choose "Exit Application."

I'm not the best teacher, but I hope I helped!

Thanks, but I'm on an iPhone. Odd there's no way to sign out.

Forkball

You know, I almost bought Jade Empire at 50% off during the summer sale but decided against it. The real lesson: wait for daily deals after the sale has ended.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Thanks, but I'm on an iPhone. Odd there's no way to sign out.

What The Grim Heaper described works for iPhone too, I just tried it. Under settings, hit user / your name. An option to log out should pop up. Weird that logging out is sort of buried, but it is there.

e: Wish there was an option to stay logged in. If I idle too long it kicks me off.

You know, I almost bought Jade Empire at 50% off during the summer sale but decided against it. The real lesson: wait for daily deals after the sale has ended.

It's a good deal, but even now I think I have to pass. Apparently it doesn't play that nice with Windows 7, and if I bought it with the $5 left in my Steam Wallet, I wouldn't be able to buy the Dota 2 summer keys I was saving that money for. Hopefully it goes on the deep discount again during the Winter Sale.

Grief.exe

I am going to reformat soon and want to install dota 2 on my ssd but keep the rest of steam on my storage drive.

What was the name of the program that did this? Steam mover?

catabarez

It's a good deal, but even now I think I have to pass. Apparently it doesn't play that nice with Windows 7, and if I bought it with the $5 left in my Steam Wallet, I wouldn't be able to buy the Dota 2 summer keys I was saving that money for. Hopefully it goes on the deep discount again during the Winter Sale.

I own it and it works perfectly. You can't go wrong for under $4.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What The Grim Heaper described works for iPhone too, I just tried it. Under settings, hit user / your name. An option to log out should pop up. Weird that logging out is sort of buried, but it is there.

e: Wish there was an option to stay logged in. If I idle too long it kicks me off.

What I find annoying with the app is that, if you exit but don't log out, it reopens whenever it sends an announcement notification to your phone. This is particularly bothersome for me as the app drains the battery in my Galaxy S if left running.

What I find annoying with the app is that, if you exit but don't log out, it reopens whenever it sends an announcement notification to your phone. This is particularly bothersome for me as the app drains the battery in my Galaxy S if left running.

It doesn't even sign me out when I exit half the time. I exit the app and a half hour later, it pops back up because someone sent me a message.

Cool, thanks. Wonder why it's so hidden.

So I bought Binary Domain when it first came out, put half an hour into it, thought it was pretty shit and uninstalled the game. Went away from Binary Domain wishing Sega had ported Vanquish instead.

With the amount people who like Binary Domain going on-and-on about it (and the fact I paid 40$), I decided to give the game another shot and I think I can see why people like this game...with the voice command stuff shut off. It's gone from being a low-rent Gears of War knock off, to a cheesy but well done Gears of War-like. The bits of banter between set pieces went from kind of annoying when it was just Dan and Bo with voice, to entertaining with the rest of the squad and text responses. The story is ridiculous but kind of interesting and entertaining, the characters are kinda one-dimensional but likable and the gameplay ain't half-bad with it's destructible limb system. Blow off a robots leg, it'll crawl towards you, shoot it's arms, it'll charge you, shoot off it's head and it'll blindly fire at nearby enemies and the other robots will shoot it. It's actually kind of impressive.

People are right, it does take about an hour to get good.

How do you do that charge shot again? I'm playing with an xbox pad.

Neki

fucking hate uplay, changed my pass but still doesn't work, all I want to do is play ACII.

I can log into the website, but not uplay

fuck ubisoft

CRS

So I bought Binary Domain when it first came out, put half an hour into it, thought it was pretty shit and uninstalled the game. Went away from Binary Domain wishing Sega had ported Vanquish instead.

With the amount people who like Binary Domain going on-and-on about it (and the fact I paid 40$), I decided to give the game another shot and I think I can see why people like this game...with the voice command stuff shut off. It's gone from being a low-rent Gears of War knock off, to a cheesy but well done Gears of War-like. The bits of banter between set pieces went from kind of annoying when it was just Dan and Bo with voice, to entertaining with the rest of the squad and text responses. The story is ridiculous but kind of interesting and entertaining, the characters are kinda one-dimensional but likable and the gameplay ain't half-bad with it's destructible limb system. Blow off a robots leg, it'll crawl towards you, shoot it's arms, it'll charge you, shoot off it's head and it'll blindly fire at nearby enemies and the other robots will shoot it. It's actually kind of impressive.

People are right, it does take about an hour to get good.

How do you do that charge shot again? I'm playing with an xbox pad.

Just beat it in a couple of sit downs. Really fun game. Haven't checked out how many hours overall. Steam isn't updating the final count. I just wish my 360 controller's trigger buttons would work but it nothing seemed to work. I did some researching and if you have a 3rd Party 360 controller (I have a Tron one), the triggers won't work. It was fine on Kb/M though. Great game overall and definitely worth the $10 I payed for.

You hold the reload button to do the Charge Shot.

Dreavus

fucking hate uplay, changed my pass but still doesn't work, all I want to do is play ACII.

I can log into the website, but not uplay

fuck ubisoft

I think their servers might be down. Ordinarily we'd just spam our passwords but that's not working right now either. A bunch of my buds and I were going to play some AC: Revelations. :|

What the?! You can't be serious, they troll by not putting this game on sale forever, then the day after a holiday sale it's 75% off. What's worse is I recommended people buy it yesterday in the last day of Steam Sales thread.

Was this comic posted?

yyElB.jpg

blowred

Banned
During the sale I got myself Portal 2, Batman: AC DLC, Walking Dead and SR3 DLC.

Portal 2: I liked 2, a improvement over the original.

Walking Dead: I nice interactive story, story is pretty cool so far.

Batman AC: OMG I can play as the 90's animated batman! oh yeah other stuff like Harley Quins Revenge which was okay and other challenge maps like robin and nightwing which I have no interest in playing but I have to cause I like GFWL achievements.

SR3 DLC: I'll play it after the Batman DLC which is probably never.

At least I finished most of the games I bought unlike some people.

JaseC

...I just broke a lockpick in Kingdoms of Amalur by forcing open an Easy chest, even though I have the bonus Lockpicking skill perks that guarantee Very Easy and Easy locks will always be successfully forced open.

Fix this shit, 38 Studios. Oh, wait...

PaulLFC

There should be some regulation brought in for this Uplay rubbish - have Ubisoft even acknowledged it's down? They didn't last time, and they're denying people access to games they've paid for, while still getting the money for said games.

Yes servers go down, but ordinarily companies inform customers when this happens, what they're doing to fix it, and approximately when servers will be back up. From what I've seen, Ubisoft doesn't do this. Shouldn't be allowed.

JaseC

Prototype 2 was Aussie Taxed throughout its pre-purchase period, however, now that the game has been released, its base price has been reduced by $30 to match that of the US ($50).

Activision™.

The only solutions to Uplay are don't buy Ubisoft games or crack your legitimately purchased games. Uplay never works, it's always their servers taking a shit.

Katoki

This whole downtime with Ubisoft makes me regret buying their games. At the same time, I have no interest in starting them up to begin with. It was one of those "I'll play it eventually" type of games... ORRRRR you could say it was a "I'll play what I want, when I want to" game.

It just happens to not be now. I can't say if it's convenient or not though.

Prototype 2 was Aussie Taxed throughout its pre-purchase period, however, now that the game has been released, its base price has been reduced by $30 to match that of the US ($50).

Activision™.

Interesting. No doubt a mistake.

Either way I'll wait for the first patch... Umm I mean I'll wait for the sale... Hmm.

This whole downtime with Ubisoft makes me regret buying their games. At the same time, I have no interest in starting them up to begin with. It was one of those "I'll play it eventually" type of games... ORRRRR you could say it was a "I'll play what I want, when I want to" game.

It just happens to not be now. I can't say if it's convenient or not though.

Always online is a deal breaker for me which is a shame because some of their games I really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom