• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good morning SteamGAF :3
Not taking my advice on Portal 2 I see. Your call. But the chances of running into spoilers from Deus Ex: HR is almost nil. It's pretty hard at this point to not run into spoilers from Portal 2.
There can't be spoilers in Deus Ex: HR, right? And I mean, I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers on forums etc... don't worry, I'll play Portal 2 very soon! I just want to get some other games out of the way first~ ♥

Good morning SteamGAF :3

There can't be spoilers in Deus Ex: HR, right? And I mean, I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers on forums etc... don't worry, I'll play Portal 2 very soon! I just want to get some other games out of the way first~ ♥

As far as I'm aware (and I'm almost certain) you almost definitely will not run into any spoilers for Portal 2 in Deus Ex but the problem is that you may run into Portal 2 spoilers on this forum or others before you manage to complete it. The main problem is that the spoilers for it aren't necessarily confined to threads regarding Portal. Even in the Summer Sale thread I recall somebody posting spoilers about the game and it was only fortunate that you weren't around to witness them. If anything it's due to how easily recognisable and memorable various aspects of the game are and because it's been played so much, the chance of running into Portal 2 spoilers is much higher than running into Deus Ex spoilers.

Although, Portal 2 is really short anyway. I would really have to advise playing that first as it won't take a significant amount of time to thoroughly complete and it will alleviate the potential stress of having to avoid spoilers (and of course remove the possibility of spoilers too).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
As far as I'm aware (and I'm almost certain) you almost definitely will not run into any spoilers for Portal 2 in Deus Ex but the problem is that you may run into Portal 2 spoilers on this forum or others before you manage to complete it. The main problem is that the spoilers for it aren't necessarily confined to threads regarding Portal. Even in the Summer Sale thread I recall somebody posting spoilers about the game and it was only fortunate that you weren't around to witness them. If anything it's due to how easily recognisable and memorable various aspects of the game are and because it's been played so much, the chance of running into Portal 2 spoilers is much higher than running into Deus Ex spoilers.

Although, Portal 2 is really short anyway. I would really have to advise playing that first as it won't take a significant amount of time to thoroughly complete and it will alleviate the potential stress of having to avoid spoilers (and of course remove the possibility of spoilers too).
You're pretty much pinpoint with what you say, and I should really take your advice... but the problem here is that I'm really not in the mood for Portal right now :( Maybe tomorrow!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're pretty much pinpoint with what you say, and I should really take your advice... but the problem here is that I'm really not in the mood for Portal right now :( Maybe tomorrow!
Play just 30mins and you'll be in the mood to see the whole game.

Yoshichan

All right, I'm convinced. You guys :p...

I'll be playing Portal 2 in a couple of hours!

Anyone can gift me Jade Empire? No more money on my steam wallet and can't charge it in time.

I can trade with Frozen Synapse or Breath of Death VII+Cthulhu Saves the World

Schlomo

Anyone else have problems with the video player in steam? Whenever i maximise a trailer i get choppy video.

Yeah, whenever I turn fullscreen on for a trailer, it plays behind the Steam window on my desktop, and really choppy. It has been like this for months.

Yoshichan

Twinduct

Shiiiit. Finished watching every show I wanted. Can't avoid playing my games anymore :/

Btw someone talk me out of Buying Guild Wars 2. I've already pre-ordered Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs. Not to mention Torchlight 2 is still set for a summer release which could be soon.

Fuck not to mention Sound Shapes =/

Yoshichan

Guys, I might have to chill with Portal 2 for a day... I was just about to start it up when I realized I hadn't even downloaded it yet, and it's frikkin 11gb. I'll be able to start downloads tomorrow morning, at best.
Just noticed Dark Souls is now in the top 10 top sellers list. Nice
The amount of disappointments... it'll be delicious.

edit: And now that I'm playing Deus Ex: HR for the first time, I have to install Direct X again! Why do you have to do this every single game?!

Yaska

Guys, I might have to chill with Portal 2 for a day... I was just about to start it up when I realized I hadn't even downloaded it yet, and it's frikkin 11gb. I'll be able to start downloads tomorrow morning, at best.

edit: And now that I'm playing Deus Ex: HR for the first time, I have to install Direct X again! Why do you have to do this every single game?!

iirc, the explanation was that most of the games use customized directx assets, which require separate installation. The extensions aren't found in the general packets, thus required to be installed for game to run.

Well, as you've said you weren't really in the mood to play it so perhaps it's for the best. I'm sure you can go one more day (due to NeoGAF going down in awhile anyway) without being spoiled on Portal.

I don't think everybody who's buying it will have hyped it up quite as much as you did (and then made it worse by playing with a significant injury) ;). I'm sure most people will enjoy it (who are new to the game that is), especially if they've not played Demon's Souls and are simply playing it based on the positive reception it has received.

And yep, you do. It's Valve's way of dissuading you from playing games and to simply buy them for the icons (and list) instead.
Joking of course

Danj

The reason I heard was that apparently Microsoft have said the only officially supported way to check the installed version of DirectX is to run the installer.

Saw this on reddit. That steam sale aftermatch

zGYoX.jpg

marrec

Banned
But I thought that locked 30fps thing was debunked. Devs said they were playing it at 60fps and it played great?

I'll be very pleased if this is true. I'm very worried about how it will turn out on PC because I've not had a chance to play it on console yet.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing right before the sale, but now I'm guessing I'll have no trouble waiting until the Winter sale to get it :p

There is no way I'll be able to wait that long.

Firebrand

Binary Domain will be $9.99 on Amazon again on the 28th. Everyone Must Play.

(And oh, not Steam, but BF3 and ME3 are 60% off with voucher on GMG right now.)

Yoshichan

While playing Deus Ex: HR... CPU celcius @75, GPU celcius @80... should I be worried now ._.? I don't like the way my fans sounds when I play games on PC.

i5
560ti

I don't think everybody who's buying it will have hyped it up quite as much as you did (and then made it worse by playing with a significant injury) ;). I'm sure most people will enjoy it (who are new to the game that is), especially if they've not played Demon's Souls and are simply playing it based on the positive reception it has received.
So you know...

Thrakier

While playing Deus Ex: HR... CPU celcius @75, GPU celcius @80... should I be worried now ._.? I don't like the way my fans sounds when I play games on PC.

i5
560ti

So you know...

Although you don't talk to me anymore, I'll answer you anyway. I got the exact same setup. The CPU is way too hot. The GPU could be a bit cooler but it's still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom