• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome. Dark Souls is a perfect game to receive as a gift. It may be the game I'm looking forward to the most but I'm not confident enough in the port job to preorder.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I don't enter the thread for one day and I miss all that insanity :(

iDurW22BBIuJ4.PNG
lol, the message is made even funnier by your username.

marrec

Banned
Yeah, finally playing through BD now, I'd recommend everyone on the fence about this game go for this deal, easily worth it.

Yep, I'm almost finished with my play through and can say that it's easily the most playable 3rd person shooter I've picked up maybe ever. The enemy design, and stupid story, and characters and dialog are all tuned perfectly to have the most fun possible. It's not the best shooter out there, but I think it may be my favorite.

blowred

Banned
I don't know if anybody knew but prototype 2 was released today on steam, any opinions on that? I wouldn't know cause the game isn't available in my region :/

kaskade

L4D2 is awesome on PC. I didn't realize it had the maps from the first in there as well. I was expecting like 5 but there's a bunch more. Plus different character and gun skins is pretty fun too. I should try and convince my friend to get a copy so we can play.

gdt

Bought X3:Albion Prelude. Have no idea why. I want to like games like that so bad (I'm not even all that sure what kind of game it is!), but its rare for me to. So now I have X3:Terran Conflict (bought this last summer) and that one. I'll start it soon though, I think. TC anyway. GalCivII has me in a space mood. Bought a few space games recently, that I know I won't like haha (GalCivII, Sins Trinity, Sword of the Stars complete, SOTS LoW, and the X game).

Also picked up Dark Souls on GMG for $32, and the Plentiful Paradox pack on Amazon, so that game me Crusaker Kings II, Magicka, Victoria II, and both Sword of the Stars games for $12.50.

Is binary domain steam works? If not If I buy from amazon when it is on sale later this week will they give me a steam code? Sometimes they do that .

Thrakier

L4D2 is awesome on PC. I didn't realize it had the maps from the first in there as well. I was expecting like 5 but there's a bunch more. Plus different character and gun skins is pretty fun too. I should try and convince my friend to get a copy so we can play.

I have it as wel. If you want to we can play together. My Steam ID is "Sephisos".

Hey Yoshichan, you read that? You know what you gotta do.

theytookourjobz

Feel free to add me on Steam (theytookourjobz) for some L4D2 as well.

Also I haven't really been following the Dark Souls port news but is it really going to be capped at 30fps? The crawling frame rate is what stopped me on the 360 version.

add me if you want to play some time. My steamid is plbelanger

ShaneB

Rage is $6 on Newegg...it's Steamworks and it's cheaper than when it was on the Summer sale.

Just when I thought the wallet had stopped bleeding... this is tempting. edit: well dang if it's a retail copy with no online key. I'm outta luck... a blessing in disguise.

Also, L4D2 is one of those games I'll always have installed, so I'm usually up for a game here and there as well.

HoosTrax

Is X3 worth it if I have GalCiv2?
What the hell? The two games have nothing in common besides being set in space. X3 is a space flight sim with some Elite trappings (trading, owning structures), and a fairly steep learning curve. Joystick highly recommended.

GalCiv2 is an RTS...

Giard

What the hell? The two games have nothing in common besides being set in space. X3 is a space flight sim with some Elite trappings (trading, owning structures), and a fairly steep learning curve. Joystick highly recommended.

GalCiv2 is an RTS...

GalCiv is actually a TBS, and I asked because people compared them in the other thread. Sorry for asking :|

HoosTrax

GalCiv is actually a TBS, and I asked because people compared them in the other thread. Sorry for asking :|
Sorry, but I just had a
image.php
reaction when I saw your question which seemed to imply a connection between the two games. Anyways, the two games play and feel very differently. (It's also been a few years since I last dusted off my GalCiv CDs)

marrec

Banned

Play GalCiv II, then play X3 and imagine you're rocketing around in your own Galaxy fucking things up for your former god-like self in an act of self deicide.

Giard

Sorry, but I just had a
image.php
reaction when I saw your question which seemed to imply a connection between the two games. Anyways, the two games play and feel very differently. (It's also been a few years since I last dusted off my GalCiv CDs)
It's ok. I'll read the game's description beforehand next time.

Play GalCiv II, then play X3 and imagine you're rocketing around in your own Galaxy fucking things up for your former god-like self in an act of self deicide.
:lol

Lyonaz

Thanks guys, Alt+Enter did the trick.
Stupid me I do the same thing all the time in BF3 to check assignments and stuff while playing.

So X3 and L4D2 are the Midweek sales this week.

I already bought Terran Conflict during the sale for the same price though. Scared me a bit at the start there, not knowing if it was lower or not.

Haven't been able to play any of my shiny new purchases though, including X3, since my computer was having problems and is now in the shop for a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom