• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
I think it's fantastic. Very chilled experience. You're just looking for objects within the environment.

Puzzle pieces, screws, bulbs, everything is hidden under, behind, beside, within, embedded, framed, whatever.

Each thing you find brings you closer of making some gigantic machine work.

Puzzles are varied, ranging from the typical jigsaw to the turning dial.

Nice music.

I'm sure it's pretty short (haven't finished it), but I got it with a bundle.

Is Tiny Bang Story as short as everybody is saying? What are your impressions on the game?

It took me somewhere between three and four hours to finish. It's primarily a hidden object game but there's additional puzzles in the game as well. It's one of the better hidden object games I've played and has nice aesthetics to go with it.

bigace33

Dudes, is there anyway I can find people I've played steam games with online? Similar to how Xbox Live or PSN keeps a list of people you have played with online and you can go back and add them?

xJavonta

Banned
I have an unwanted, boxed copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops that I just noticed was Steamworks, according to the box. As it cannot be returned, I was thinking I could add it to my gift inventory instead of redeeming it to my library. Is this possible? I don't want to enter the cd key without knowing first.

Nope. But if you ever do give it away, let Gaf know ;)

Is there a L4D2 4 pack going on right now? I'm gonna buy it, but if some other people have a 4 pack going on I'll just do that instead.

Dudes, is there anyway I can find people I've played steam games with online? Similar to how Xbox Live or PSN keeps a list of people you have played with online and you can go back and add them?
I think Community-> View All Recent does that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was slightly wrong lol

Omikron

Go to Community, then Friends I think, should be a recently played with list.

edit, doh!

bigace33

Is there a L4D2 4 pack going on right now? I'm gonna buy it, but if some other people have a 4 pack going on I'll just do that instead.

I think Community-> View All Recent does that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was slightly wrong lol

Thanks guys. It only goes as far back as the last game I played. I was looking to add some guys I played Nation Red with. I only see the Team Fortress 2 list of players.

Trancos

It took me somewhere between three and four hours to finish. It's primarily a hidden object game but there's additional puzzles in the game as well. It's one of the better hidden object games I've played and has nice aesthetics to go with it.

I think it's fantastic. Very chilled experience. You're just looking for objects within the environment.

Sounds good to me. I knew I should have bought it during the summer sale. I instead bought a gift for a friend who hasn't even accepted it yet.

Is anyone else having trouble with their copy of Episodes From Liberty City? I picked up the complete GTAIV collection, and GFWL keeps telling me that my CD key is invalid.

...did I make a huge mistake by buying a GFWL game?

It's a known problem with keys issued during the summer sale. Happened to me too. There's a thread on the Steam forums about it, they say they're working with MS to get it fixed. You can still play the game without it, though, so it's really only needed if you want to play multiplayer.

Koroviev

Damn, I should have checked GAF first. Just bought a copy for my sister so that we can play through some co-op campaigns tonight.

Artofwar420

Quick question, sorry if off-topic. Anyone know how long the AMD's Dirt 3 promotion thing takes to confirm? They asked me to take a picture of it, then to wait for confirmation. After which I guess I will receive a Steam key of Dirt 3.

It's been a day already.

theytookourjobz

If anyone wants a copy of Torchlight and will actually PLAY it, add me and it's yours. It's been in my inventory from TL2 preorder and needs a good home.

I've ended up with some extra keys due to buying some bundles with games I already own. First 3 people to claim each game gets them.

I have:
Puzzle Agent
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Renegade Ops with all DLC

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I've ended up with some extra keys due to buying some bundles with games I already own. First 3 people to claim each game gets them.

I have:
Puzzle Agent
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Renegade Ops with all DLC
I'll take Mutant Storm Reloaded. It's pretty awesome.

I have any extra copy of Clones if anyone wants it. Just pm me because I might not be in the thread.

Blizzard

Banned
Bah, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER is the latest game to run the runtime install stuff every single time I launch it. I still haven't found a good solution to that, though I seem to recall there's some file you can delete, which seems like a messy workaround.

I'll take Mutant Storm Reloaded. It's pretty awesome.

I have any extra copy of Clones if anyone wants it. Just pm me because I might not be in the thread.

And all games given away, I thought no one was going to take poor Mutant Storm.

Blizzard said:
Bah, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER is the latest game to run the runtime install stuff every single time I launch it. I still haven't found a good solution to that, though I seem to recall there's some file you can delete, which seems like a messy workaround.
installscript.vdf is probably the file you're thinking of.

trinest

So I counted up my steam sale purchases.

Steam Sale Period Purchases:

July 23rd:
Scary Girl - 5.99 USD
Warlock - Master of the Arcane - 11.99 USD
The Walking Dead - 14.99 USD

July 22nd:
Arma II: Combined Operations (ROW) - 17.99 USD
Inside a Star Filled Sky - 1.99 USD
Quantum Conundrum - 8.99 USD

July 21st:
GREEN MAN GAMING (STEAM KEY) Endless Space: Emperor Edition - $28

July 20th:
GREEN MAN GAMING (STEAM KEY) Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition Preorder - $29

July 19th:
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - 5.99 USD

July 18th:
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - 4.99 USD
Dear Esther - 2.49 USD

July 16th:
Hitman: Blood Money - 2.49 USD
Prince of Persia - 2.49 USD

July 15th:
From Dust - 3.74 USD
Tropico 4 Bundle (Already owned on another service) - 16.22 USD
L.A. Noire - 3.74 USD

July 14th:
Crusader Kings II - 9.99 USD
Anno 2070 Pack - 29.99 USD
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two - 9.99 USD
Super ID Software Pack 2012 - 49.99 USD
Cyan Complete 2012 - 14.99 USD
Focus Hit Collection ROW - 49.99 USD

Total: $326.03
Oh Fuck.

With the exception of cloud saves, Steam doesn't touch that data. The games themselves do it. Since you have three games that are completely unrelated I'm guessing the cause is elsewhere with your computer. It could be a profile issue, a drive letter change, or any number of other things.
For anyone who has this problem in the future, check to make sure you aren't logged on as an admin or a different user. Happened to me before and I felt realky

wilflare

only gonna be left with my Macbook Pro soon enough (when I head to the States for Exchange)
it is gonna be inadequate to play any Steam games with it :O

The AMD APU's are great for gaming, although with those laptops you will only be able to play games like Witcher 2 or BF3 on all low settings. Games that are a rung down from that, Like Mass Effect and the Batman games, you would be able to run on medium to medium/high.You would probably want something a little further up the line that is capable of medium settings in the top of the line games.

You are a PC gamer. If I were you I would sell that macbook pro and look for a gaming laptop in the area of $600. You would be able to get something pretty capable in that price range.

If you look in the OP for the PC hardware thread there is a link to the gaming laptop thread. As soon as you get to the US you would be able to order one.

Where are you going to be in the U.S.?

Edit: Heres a link to the laptop thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386622

steadfast

So I counted up my steam sale purchases.

Steam Sale Period Purchases:

Many, many, games

Total: $326.03
Oh Fuck.

Well, at least with all those pub. packs there's no way you can spend that much during the winter sale, right?

(hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah)

Nelo Ice

Banned
So salty right now. Was pretty much 1 shot away from killing Mom In Binding of Isaac and I died =(. First time ever getting to her too. jaldfj;adjf;ajdf

Fireblend

Banned
So my girlfriend and I were browsing through our Steam collections looking for games we both could play locally, after having played Rayman Origins (which we're about to finish) and Trine 2, and we decided to give Street Fighter IV a shot... she proceeded to kick my ass swiftly and repeatedly
KuGsj.gif

Any other recommendations for good local multiplayer games? I was hoping for Burnout Paradise to have a splitscreen vs mode, but from what I read online it doesn't have one :(

And while we're at it, anyone know of a good SFIV beginners guide? :p

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Does anyone know why my Witcher 2 launcher now crashes any time i have an internet connection? Also, moving my game to my SSD seems to have wiped my save. How do I retrieve it from Steamcloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom