• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Okay, so, in the process of using FRAPS to record a strange issue I was experiencing in Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures -- the inability to jump when on any Lego platform (the bug doesn't occur when standing on the "real" game world) -- I inadvertently discovered the cause: too high a framerate. I kid you not: when running the game uncapped at ~300fps, the bug was relentless, but when I began recording with FRAPS, which dropped the framerate considerably, I could freely jump around, regardless of what my character was standing on.

How strange!

Sounds like your PC needs one of those old "Turbo" buttons.

blowred

Banned
Is the DLC installation of Batman: AC so complicated that I had to log in on the GFWL website redeem the keys and download through their client? that's right!

MRORANGE

Don't forget the blood sacrifice!

eBpH6.jpg

Is the DLC installation of Batman: AC so complicated that I had to log in on the GFWL website redeem the keys and download through their client? that's right!

Yeah, it's really rather daft that they require the use of the Games for Windows Live Marketplace (or what's left of it since they dumped the site into Xbox.com) to download the DLC. Microsoft really doesn't care any more.

Salsa

More fans aren't always the answer. If cable management is poor, it could be blocking airflow internally.

yup this is pretty important. Im using this:

thermaltake_v4_black_edition_2.jpg

+ this:

1__54643_zoom.jpg

wich is only half-modular and it totally kills me. My temps arent THAT bad but not being able to take out all unused cables from such a small case is a pain in the butt

derFeef

Yeah, it's really rather daft that they require the use of the Games for Windows Live Marketplace (or what's left of it since they dumped the site into Xbox.com) to download the DLC. Microsoft really doesn't care any more.

It's daft to begin with that this game has still GFWL.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Done and done! I gave the company my whole computer so they're going to put all the good stuff in it now :3 Hopefully it doesn't take too long for them... thank you SteamGAF for the help, you guys have been amazing!

edit: I'm using another computer right now, so hopefully I'll still be active on GAF during this time :3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

This is still a thing? Wow. I downloaded the GFWLM app once and it was deleted from my PC within minutes. So useless.

The Xbox.com PC store is pretty hilarious. I check out their "deal" of the week every now and then just for the laugh.

Ionic

This is still a thing? Wow. I downloaded the GFWLM once and it was deleted from my PC within minutes. So useless.

The Xbox.com PC store is pretty hilarious. I check out their "deal" of the week every now and then just for the laugh.

I've been waiting for them to put Gears of War up there for awhile and eventually just gave up.

Okay, so, in the process of using FRAPS to record a strange issue I was experiencing in Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures -- the inability to jump when on any Lego platform (the bug doesn't occur when standing on the "real" game world) -- I inadvertently discovered the cause: too high a framerate. I kid you not: when running the game uncapped at ~300fps, the bug was relentless, but when I began recording with FRAPS, which dropped the framerate considerably, I could freely jump around, regardless of what my character was standing on.

How strange!
I have an issue in Red Faction: Guerrilla where body parts, scenery and people will randomly disappear as I move around. I tried to record it a while back to show you guys, but when I started FRAPS everything was fine! So, it seems that it might be the same cause, too high of a framerate. I'll test it out again soon.

On a different note, I've been trying to find the option in Steam to disable notifications when people comment on my (well not mine, a friends) friends feed. It's annoying when I trade with people, then I get notifications - as in the mail icon is highlighted - saying "such and such commented on this person's profile". I don't care! lol. Does anyone know where the option is? I've looked under settings but nothing there jumps out at me.

HoosTrax

1 yes, 2 and 3 no. :(

Blame piracy apparently.
If it's anything like the overwhelming and undeserved hype that surrounds the Halo games, I'm not missing much, especially after playing other bro games like Bulletstorm.

(I got a XBOX1 free from winning a Microsoft sponsored content, and I own Halo 2.)

Porterb1

Neo Member
I bought Gears 1 on PC off the GFWL site a couple of years ago. It's OK (XBOX 360 controller/receiver works great with it), but ehh, I always have something else I'd rather play. Still haven't finished it. Annd, it was like $20, which still kinda irks me.

ShaneB

If it's anything like the overwhelming and undeserved hype that surrounds the Halo games, I'm not missing much, especially after playing other bro games like Bulletstorm.

(I got a XBOX1 free from winning a Microsoft sponsored content, and I own Halo 2.)

Gears 1 is why I bought my 360 back in 2006, and I spent months and months playing it until Gears 2 came out so that will always hold a place in my gaming memories. Not going to dwell on the disaster that 2 multiplayer was, and I enjoyed 3, but it just fell off my radar so quickly.

They're not for everyone, and if you're not interested in it to begin with, yeah, it's not like it's a game you recommend as some hidden gem to play.

Ah well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I bought Gears 1 on PC off the GFWL site a couple of years ago. It's OK (XBOX 360 controller/receiver works great with it), but ehh, I always have something else I'd rather play. Still haven't finished it. Annd, it was like $20, which still kinda irks me.

I loved Gears on the Xbro but I haven't added it to my PC collection mostly due to the fact that it's GFWLM/Xbox.com exclusive. Same goes for Viva Pinata. I've never bought a PC game from there, and I don't know if I ever will. If they actually put those games on sale, I might reconsider, but Microsauce doesn't seem to have any intention of doing that so fuck 'em.

HoosTrax

I loved Gears on the Xbro but I haven't added it to my PC collection mostly due to the fact that it's GFWLM/Xbox.com exclusive. Same goes for Viva Pinata. I've never bought a PC game from there, and I don't know if I ever will. If they actually put these games on sale, I might reconsider, but Microsauce doesn't seem to have any intention of doing that.
Ah yeah, I actually own Viva Pinata PC (the retail version), but that GFWL thing got old really fast and I somehow lost one of my gardens once, which kind of killed my desire to play it any further.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
1 yes, 2 and 3 no. :(

Blame piracy apparently.

"Here's the problem right now; the person who is savvy enough to want to have a good PC to upgrade their video card, is a person who is savvy enough to know bit torrent to know all the elements so they can pirate software."

Strictly speaking, he's not wrong, but the implication is obvious -- we (as in PC gaming enthusiasts) are all pirates!

Gears 1 is why I bought my 360 back in 2006, and I spent months and months playing it until Gears 2 came out so that will always hold a place in my gaming memories. Not going to dwell on the disaster that 2 multiplayer was, and I enjoyed 3, but it just fell off my radar so quickly.

They're not for everyone, and if you're not interested in it to begin with, yeah, it's not like it's a game you recommend as some hidden gem to play.

Ah well.

I played through Gears and Gears 2 in co-op, but when Gears 3 rolled around, I had nobody to play it with and quickly discovered that the solo experience is rather dull. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the game.

Twinduct

PC gamer? Pirate!
Android User? Pirate!
Inflated local prices? Pirate!

I must be doing this piracy thing wrong! Spending all my money on games.

Does anyone have a Costume Quest save right before the fight with BoJonn (the first boss, in the graveyard)? I played that part in offline mode and didn't get the achievement :( I've tried editing the saves but it's been to no avail so far, the game detexts it and makes me start over.

It's a fun game, by the way, but they really should have tried to spice up the side quests. They're always the same, which gets boring after the second one you do each kind (fortunately, there's only three maps).

Just an FYI for those of you who might have passed on Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga. We will have it for $5.99 for 1 day only on 7/28:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0083V7CMW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, we'll have Borderlands GOTY at 75% off starting tomorrow-7/30 and anyone who purchases between now and then will get an additional 10% off the Borderlands 2 (thanks Sarcasm!) pre-order (already discounted 10%), bringing the pre-order to ~$48.

If you've ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us in the past you'll get this 10% credit backfilled to you.

Happy Gaming!

Cheers,
Tony

Sarcasm

Just an FYI for those of you who might have passed on Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga. We will have it for $5.99 for 1 day only on 7/28:

Also, we'll have Borderlands GOTY at 75% off starting tomorrow-7/30 and anyone who purchases between now and then will get an additional 10% off the pre-order (already discounted 10%), bringing the pre-order to ~$48.

If you've ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us in the past you'll get this 10% credit backfilled to you.

Happy Gaming!

Cheers,
Tony

Do you mean the preorder for BL2?

HoosTrax

Pre-order exclusives always give me a headache trying to figure out. I wonder if this Gamestop exclusive will be available to everyone as paid DLC later:

Borderlands2CSD_bonusLG.jpg

Also, is everyone out of the Loot Chest special edition?

xJavonta

Banned
yup this is pretty important. Im using this:

http://imagenes.pccomponentes.com/thermaltake_v4_black_edition_2.jpg

+ this:

http://www.heartlandcomputers.com/product_images/i/797/1__54643_zoom.jpg

wich is only half-modular and it totally kills me. My temps arent THAT bad but not being able to take out all unused cables from such a small case is a pain in the butt

That's my case too!

It's not the best, but for $40 the cable management is great if you do it right and the airflow isn't bad either.

I don't have a modular PSU either, but there's almost no cables showing in my tower.

I love Gears, and I definitely wouldn't call Halo a bro shooter. But yeah the fact that GoW 1 is on PC but 2 and 3 isn't sucks so much, and 1 is the worst of them all. I'm waiting for Halo 3 to hit PC now, hoping it follows the same trend as Halo 2 did (minus the GWFL stuff)

HoosTrax

I love Gears, and I definitely wouldn't call Halo a bro shooter. But yeah the fact that GoW 1 is on PC but 2 and 3 isn't sucks so much, and 1 is the worst of them all. I'm waiting for Halo 3 to hit PC now, hoping it follows the same trend as Halo 2 did (minus the GWFL stuff)
Yeah I didn't mean to imply that I thought Halo was a bro shooter like GoW and Bulletstorm. I just cited it as an example of another game that was heavily hyped and that I was disappointed with after I actually bought and played it.

1-D_FTW

Pre-order exclusives always give me a headache trying to figure out. I wonder if this Gamestop exclusive will be available to everyone as paid DLC later:

That actually made me laugh out loud. What a state we live in.

That actually made me laugh out loud. What a state we live in.

That pictures is ridiculious. It isn't enough for it to say it includes "Slaughter Dome" a Gamestop exclusive at the top. It marketing alone sounds like it is geared toward 12 year olds: "and now with 5 x's the mutilators mutilation! It's like a parody ad by itself. But then it has that stupid (new?) Gamestop "exclusive" seal in the bottom left. I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't buy anything that doesn't have the Gamestop official exclusive seal!

Gamestop and Take2: we'll suck your dick for a dollar; we already sucked each other's for a quarter.

Also, we'll have Borderlands GOTY at 75% off starting tomorrow-7/30 and anyone who purchases between now and then will get an additional 10% off the Borderlands 2 (thanks Sarcasm!) pre-order (already discounted 10%), bringing the pre-order to ~$48.

Happy Gaming!

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, do you guys know if you'll have a 4 pack for Borderlands 2? Do you guys do 4 packs at all? It seems like a no brainer for this to be the first game if not seeing as how it is based around the concept of 4 player co-op. The main reason' I'd buy it from Steam store pre-order is that I'm hoping they'll have a 4 pack like they did for Borderlands 1.

On the subject of Borderlands 2, did I quick search and it turns out Amazon UK is selling Borderlands 2 PC in a box for £25 (approx $39). So, er, yeah: British Pricing still holds firm.

Derrick01

Banned

The Mad Moxxi DLC in 1 was so terrible that I want to avoid anything that has her name on it or anything that resembles that ridiculous DLC. So gamestop can have their shitty dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom