• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7evn

That's not normal, are you getting an update for a game maybe? Tried restarting?

I just reset it and it seems fine. It seems to do that if I leave it running for long periods of time. No game was updating (only games on it are bf3 and mirrors edge).

Miletius

Any opinions on X-3? I recently got an itch for a Freelancer type game, which X seems to be, except reviews online peg it as super complicated and micromanagement intense, which is not what I want right now.

What's the L4D2 community like?

I ended up selling my 360 copy when I couldn't find any games.

Is cheating rampant? etc?
I've just been playing co-ops and never ran into a cheater. So far most of the people are nice and with co-op games it seems like they are more interested in playing as a team than as solo, which is better than what I've experienced on the 360.

Firebrand

Co-op with random people is fine on normal at least, worth grabbing the game just to play through the campaigns once or twice.

Versus? Oh dear. People tend to get very angry and call kick votes as soon as they're doing poorly.

Razek

Banned
Any opinions on X-3? I recently got an itch for a Freelancer type game, which X seems to be, except reviews online peg it as super complicated and micromanagement intense, which is not what I want right now.

It is. Expect to spend at least a few hours on youtube looking at tutorials if you want any valuable handle on the game.

haikira

Don't often play versus. But in my experience, there's no problems getting a coop game and far more times than not, the players are fine.

SSF4 AE Skin mods won't get me banned will they? I try to look it up but all I see are tutorials and downloads for the mods. I think they were cool with it in Vanilla but you never know with Capcom. It would be nice to have some fun with custom skins/voices/stages when friends come over.

Left 4 Dead versus play is filled with angry people and rage quits aplenty. If you get stuck in a one-sided game, it's not like CS or TF2 where you'll get a fresh chance in twenty minutes, you gotta ride out the whole match.

It's best to play with friends.

Nabs

With L4D2, it's best to play Co-Op before jumping into versus. As long as you communicate (mic??), you should be just fine. I have played with plenty of randoms, and haven't really had any problems with players.

I recommend playing with friends or gaffers. There are plenty who play it or just picked it up recently.

Derrick01

Banned
Wow that was pretty scary. I posted over in the PC thread and was thankfully helped out, but speedfan was saying my CPU was at 87C while playing Shogun 2. Needless to say I was like "WAT" and very worried but I was directed to hardware monitor and none of the cores has gone over 63 yet.

Crisis averted. Speedfan removed.

Dizzy-4U

SSF4 AE Skin mods won't get me banned will they? I try to look it up but all I see are tutorials and downloads for the mods. I think they were cool with it in Vanilla but you never know with Capcom.

I've been using skins since pretty much they started showing up (a year ago or so). I can still play online just fine.

elfinke

I might be well late to this, but did Dark Souls jump from US$39.95 on aussie steam to US$69.95 recently, or was I just imagining that Steam price? It's still $39.99 on GMG.

Trancos

I might be well late to this, but did Dark Souls jump from US$39.95 on aussie steam to US$69.95 recently, or was I just imagining that Steam price? It's still $39.99 on GMG.

It's still showing AUD$39.99 for me at the moment, but I'm at uni and I've noticed that sometimes online services cannot figure out my correct location when using the in campus network.

Katoki

So is Divinity II going to be worth it at $5.99?

edit: this topic is so dead now ;_;

Yeah it is kind of barren. If it's any help, click on the no DRM link and scroll down to read the reviews on Amazon. The Steam DRM one only has 2 reviews so I can't say that side is very helpful.

s7evn

Left 4 Dead versus play is filled with angry people and rage quits aplenty. If you get stuck in a one-sided game, it's not like CS or TF2 where you'll get a fresh chance in twenty minutes, you gotta ride out the whole match.

It's best to play with friends.

Yeah, Coop with friends is the best way to enjoy the game.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Driver SF seems to hate my Xdude pad. The game crashes on start-up with that thing plugged in, no matter what. I kinda sorta need it though.

Ubisoft doesn't make anything easy, do they.

BioHazard

image.php

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

Levyne

Banned
Played through a bit of the witcher 1 today. Didn't really like it until I changed the camera to over the shoulder. Much more natural for me.

Is there anything I should know if I am just playing the game blind? Like any way to screw yourself stat/feat wise or quests I really don't want to miss?

NBtoaster

fuuuuuck :mad:

should have pre ordered earlier. It was still $40 last night.

That's fine, GMG will get money instead.

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh I hate that one rule/law in Shogun 2 where everyone turns on your ass after you get too powerful. I became shogun and had the entire left part of the country under power, with the 2 largest groups on the right being my trusted allies and a few years later I'm staring at 2 massive armies led by 5 star generals on my doorstep.

Want to apologize to the people I was playing Burnout with just now. I'm god awful at stunts and wasted a ton of your time.

I was Immovable_Force.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
BURNOUT PARADISE MEETUP ON, 4/8 SPOTS CLAIMED

COME ON IN SONS OF MOTHER

I really should pay more attention to you guys playing Burnout Paradise. I never managed to get friends to play online, and the PUGs are just too idiots to actually do the challenges.

It's much better to do it with friends.

I was RainOne on the game today, btw. Great game! :D

Fireblend

Banned
Spent a pretty good part of the day playing Rayman Origins with my girlfriend and a couple of friends - it's madness on 4 player co-op. Such an awesome game, it just keeps making me very happy for buying it. I really thought Skyrim would be the highlight of the sale for me after waiting so long to buy it, but I gotta say RO is taking that place pretty easily for now and deservedly so.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Spent a pretty good part of the day playing Rayman Origins with my girlfriend and a couple of friends - it's madness on 4 player co-op. Such an awesome game, it just keeps making me very happy for buying it. I really thought Skyrim would be the highlight of the sale for me after waiting so long to buy it, but I gotta say RO is taking that place pretty easily for now and deservedly so.
I missed the Rayman flash deal because I spent so much time playing the demo.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Finally got Driver SF to work. What a pain in the ass.

Worth it though, this game is dope. Drift for days.

Alex

Saints Row 3 is such an impossibly huge leap over 2, I'm glad I caved in. Tons of fun and certain coats of polish and mechanics will probably ruin some portions of other open world games for me for some time to come.

HoosTrax

Saints Row 3 is such an impossibly huge leap over 2, I'm glad I caved in. Tons of fun and certain coats of polish and mechanics will probably ruin some portions of other open world games for me for some time to come.
I just got done playing the hell out of the SR3. Kind of wondering which of these games I have on backlog I should play that won't feel like a huge letdown after that SR3 experience:

- GTAIV
- Just Cause 2
- Mafia II

I also seriously considered whether or not to buy SR2 for $5 during Summer Seal, but the fact that no one talks about the prequel kind of discouraged me from that.

---

Edit: And why the hell do I have Sanctum beta in my library all of a sudden. How do I keep ending up with betas I never asked for getting dumped into my library >:|

1-D_FTW

I just got done playing the hell out of the SR3. Kind of wondering which of these games I have on backlog I should play that won't feel like a huge letdown after that SR3 experience:

- GTAIV
- Just Cause 2
- Mafia II

I also seriously considered whether or not to buy SR2 for $5 during Summer Seal, but the fact that no one talks about the prequel kind of discouraged me from that.

---

Edit: And why the hell do I have Sanctum beta in my library all of a sudden. How do I keep ending up with betas I never asked for getting dumped into my library >:|

SR2 is supposedly a bad port. It's basically just emulating the console versions to get it to run.

As for those three games you mentioned, they're all different than Saint's Row 3, but I'd recommend all three for different reasons. Although Mafia II is probably the least accessible since if you're not willing to invest in the full story arc, you could be led to believe it's one of the most boring games ever made. It's not. It's a great game. With really good missions. It just takes a while to appreciate the genius of the game.

- GTAIV
- Just Cause 2
- Mafia II

---

All of those games are better than SR3 in most ways. I don't get the love for that game, it has some novel ideas but there's some crazy bad design decisions in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom