• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmmm maybe I can get some money laundering scheme to get 13 bucks for Cities in Motion.

WHY WEREN'T YOU IN SALE BEFORE WHEN I HAD MONIES

HoosTrax

Wait wait wait...Borderlands is Free? Like FREE free or is there some catch/time limit?
You get to try the game (without gameplay limitations like there would be for a demo) for free for the weekend. You like? You buy!

Free weekend trials are usually no different from the retail game -- there's nothing additional to download if you end up buying it -- it just unlocks the game permanently in your library. It's nice because what you play is representative of the current game instead of some beta-ish prelease version.

Xyber

Hey guys, got a little question here I hope someone can answer.

Me and my friend are looking at buying a two pack of Orcs Must Die 2 and I thought it would be a good idea to let someone in US buy it for us so we would save some money. But after adding it to your cart the "Purchase as a gift" is grayed out. If you pick purchase for myself do you get two giftable copies in your inventory or will one automatically be added to the buyers account?

gdt

I know it doesn't mean anything but it's a little frustrating to see Borderlands 2 put above Torchlight 2 in the coming soon section. Yeah a Borderlands 2 4-pack on Steam like on Amazon would be nice. For $40 I'd jump in on that.

Steam needs to put up X-Com and Dishonored so I can pre-purchase them and I think I'm set for the year.

Dark Souls: $40
Borderlands 2: $40 (4-pack deal hopefully)
X-Com: $50?
Dishonored: $59?(assuming the worst)

You seriously need to hop on GMG.

Esch

Banned
I completely agree, which is why games like Planescape: Torment, Morrowind, and Arcanum stand out so much and remain memorable to me.

its funny, because a great deal games like that have been pretty successful. Even Jade Empire sold pretty well iirc.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I should preorder Borderlands 2. I've only played like 3 hours of Borderlands 1 (and loved every second of it!), and have 9 games in my backlog before giving my full attention to it. So maybe it'll be best to wait some time (and maybe get a little discount), as I won't be playing it for a long while.

I pre-ordered Dishonored at GameStop. It's $60.

All these games are Steamworks, so if you want to save some money GMG usually offer 20-35% on pre-orders.

You seriously need to hop on GMG.

Thanks I'm in the U.S but for some reason GMG doesn't accept my card neither does Paypal work, I've tried so many times. Dishonored $59......oh well it's original enough to have my money.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't know if I should preorder Borderlands 2. I've only played like 3 hours of Borderlands 1 (and loved every second of it!), and have 9 games in my backlog before giving my full attention to it. So maybe it'll be best to wait for a little discount, as I won't be playing it for a long while.

It being $40 at GMG (with the -20% code) is tempting, but I still have to work through the DLC in the original, so I think I'll just wait until the Winter/Christmas sale. Plus, I have Sleeping Dogs and Dark Souls to purchase in the near future. They should do well to lead me into Dishonored, which itself will lead into Assassin's Creed 3, which will lead into Half-Li.. oh, right.

Thanks I'm in the U.S but for some reason GMG doesn't accept my card neither does Paypal work, I've tried so many times. Dishonored $59......oh well it's original enough to have my money.

Have you tried contacting Support? GMG is known to be rather... overzealous with flagging accounts/purchases as suspicious.

TGMIII

I'm on the fence if I should double dip and get Dark Souls for $32. I played around 15 hours on PS3 but I never finished it.

If you're on the fence just wait, there's a good possibility that the port isn't going to be the greatest. I'm going to wait and see how it is and if it's good pick it up eventually and if it's bad I'll just stick with my PS3 version.

xJavonta

Banned

That's what I thought, I don't usually spend $60 on a game, but this looked interesting and original so I figured why not. Hopefully I won't be pissed off when it comes out like BF3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I got the tooth paste :D:D:D

HoosTrax

You just quoted me and I told you what the Preorder item was.
I meant something beyond what every vendor gets. Like this:

Borderlands2CSD_bonusLG.jpg

KarmaCow

It's dumb, but I'm disappointed that OMD2 doesn't have TF2 hats. And I'm half hoping Borderlands doesn't have TF2 hats because I preordered somewhere else.

Is the Orcs Must Die DLC worth getting?

For 1.25, yea. I found the weapons/traps useful and the maps are alright. You'll need the maps if you plan on upgrading everything.

Celegus

They reduced the price on Orcs Must Die 1 a little, with the current discount it's €2,49 or €3,24 for the GOTY edition.

PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU

I would love to know the requirements for slapping a "GOTY" tag on a game. Does it actually even need to be named GOTY by some outlet? I'm fine with "deluxe" or "complete" edition, but how did GOTY get to be synonymous with those?

I've never actually played Orcs Must Die... is it... good? I like the idea of a simpler tower defence, like Dungeon Defenders but singleplayer friendly, and without the confusing loot.

Firebrand

I've never actually played Orcs Must Die... is it... good? I like the idea of a simpler tower defence, like Dungeon Defenders but singleplayer friendly, and with less loot.
Yes, it's very good, there is a demo if you want to try it first.

Keep in mind that the sequel comes out in just a week and adds co-op and endless mode, though owning the original unlocks 10 maps from it for co-op play.

Tess3ract

Banned
The free weekend thing is actually pretty cool via steam because they can just automatically revoke your "rights" to play the game, so it's not like you can really keep it.

HoosTrax

Not that I'm aware of. That is a GS only thing but it will be available to everyone in other avenues later on.

We wanted to keep the preorder item stuff to a minimum so there is only 2 possibilities.
And yet Gamestop pre-orders get both of the 2 possibilities (at least that was my impression from reading their product page). It's just a bit grating that the worst purchasing option from a PC gamer standpoint gets the best pre-order bundle.

Hopefully the GS bonus will be available at no cost to everyone later.

I hope they add a 4-pack option to the Borderlands 2 Steam page.

FYI On 4 packs:

Through 7/30:

Borderlands GOTY - $7.49 – Steam + get 10% credit towards your Borderlands 2 pre-order (stacks with current 10% off)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OWV050/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - Borderlands 2 4-pack – everyone who purchases Borderlands GOTY or who has ever purchased borderlands GOTY from us will get a $18 credit towards this pre-order. Stacks with existing 10% off (existing 10% off will be live in 30 minutes). So this comes to about $36 per copy if you have ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us (or if you buy it for $7.49 this weekend)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALUBYQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - Borderlands 2 single - Borderlands 2 4-pack – everyone who purchases Borderlands GOTY or who has ever purchased borderlands GOTY from us will get a $6 credit towards this pre-order. Stacks with existing 10% off. So this comes to about $48 per copy if you have ever purchased Borderlands GOTY from us (or if you buy it for $7.49 this weekend)

Cheers,
Tony

Derrick01

Banned
I'm thinking about getting borderlands 2 from GMG but I was saving my money for X-Com and Dishonored, granted those come out almost a month later. Ugh I hate not being rich.

Since it's Steamworks, do we get a key to plug into Steam on purchase, or is that available when the game is released?

You get a steam key when the game launches (or is available for pre-load if the game is available for pre-load not sure on this one).

You won't get charged until we deliver this code.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom