• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can go to each DLC's area almost immediately (after the intro section of the game), as soon as you reach the first save point outside Dr. Ned's, but quests have level requirements I think, and the enemies are very high level. So in practical terms, I think you'd need a Playthrough 2 character (I might be slightly off, I last played it last Sept).

I got to level 15 before starting Dr Ned and had no problems. The enemies scale after level 10 for Ned and Robolution. Only Knoxx requires a higher level, not sure on Moxxy

Katoki

So I just got this email with an $18 promo then some other email with an $6 promo for Borderlands 2 from Amazon. When I look at it, it looks like they fudged and then fixed it and sent another email or something. I'm only seeing the $6 off. =(

So tempted to pre-order BL2 now. I got this email with an $18 promo then some other email with an $6 promo and from what I've seen they stack right? Oh man oh man.

They stack with the current 10% discount, not with eachother.

So the $6 credit is good for the single copy of Borderlands 2 stacking with the existing 10% off making the purchase of a single copy $48

The $18 credit is good for the single copy of Borderlands 2 stacking with the existing 10% off making the purchase of a 4 pack $144 or $36/copy

Edit: Here is a link to the 4 pack, which the $18 credit is good for: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OWV050/?tag=neogaf0e-20 it was in the email you got too.

Cheers,
Tony

Katoki

They stack with the current 10% discount, not with eachother.

So the $6 credit is good for the single copy of Borderlands 2 stacking with the existing 10% off making the purchase of a single copy $48

The $18 credit is good for the single copy of Borderlands 2 stacking with the existing 10% off making the purchase of a 4 pack $144 or $36/copy

Edit: Here is a link to the 4 pack, which the $18 credit is good for: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OWV050/?tag=neogaf0e-20 it was in the email you got too.

Cheers,
Tony

I figured that out after I saw the different expiration dates. The wall of text was super effective because of the way gmail stacks emails from the same sender.

Thanks for the clarification though Tony.

kami_sama

I just made some calculations and saw that if someone with borderlands 1 from the UK and buys the 4 pack, the game costs 25€.

Someone in the UK can host a 4 pack?

I figured that out after I saw the different expiration dates. The wall of text was super effective because of the way gmail stacks emails from the same sender.

Thanks for the clarification though Tony.

Sorry about that... SO MUCH TEXT that I have to put in any sort of credit emails, after clearance from editorial, legal and branding i feel like I'm writing the back of a cereal box...

Glad you got sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

Katoki

Well I guess the text wouldn't be so bad if I weren't using an 11" screen but I happen to be so gmail squeezes their interface accordingly causing a wall of text.

Not your fault Tony! It's just life and legal issues.

Detox

It seems like BL2 is cheaper in the UK
ilrRUjhtUT3Tt.png

Detox

It has a 10% discount, not sure if there is an additional one for Borderlands purchase as I got mine as a gift. I'm tempted to preorder it but then again I know in a few weeks after release the retail price will probably drop lower than that.

Just remembered the game is steamworks so yeah kind of is a nice bargain! Never understand why publishers insist on charging such insane prices on steam compared to retail (at least here in Ireland)

Pubs actually charge the same. The retailers are the ones that eat the margin and sell the games for either no profit or at a loss to drive foot traffic. Steam doesn't have to do that so they don't. Some will pay for convenience. It's all the same to the publishers usually.

It's about $35 US per person for the UK. Definitely a lot cheaper. That doesn't even include the 10% off right? Or is the UK not getting a discount on it?

Presumably as a result of the likes of Amazon UK selling it for £25.

That said, the four pack with the 10% discount for existing owners make it £20 and change each.

iNvid02

edit: closed for now

1 spot open for a borderlands 2 four pack

£22.50 or $35.29 each - PM me if you want in

1. invidious01
2. xelious
3. 7extonly
4. buhdeh

Koroviev

Just tried some Borderlands co-op with friends....eh. For some reason, the game didn't feel smooth at all. FRAPS was reporting a fairly stable 60 fps, but it felt like the game was sort of stuttering the whole time. I'm not really sure how to describe it other than that something didn't feel right. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is there a way to fix it?

MRORANGE

Just tried some Borderlands co-op with friends....eh. For some reason, the game didn't feel smooth at all. FRAPS was reporting a fairly stable 60 fps, but it felt like the game was sort of stuttering the whole time. I'm not really sure how to describe it other than that something didn't feel right. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is there a way to fix it?

do you mean like a elastic band effect? more likely with the online co-op problems, any match I played really ruined the games for me due to latency, even though BL2 will fix all the issues I am really hesitant to pick this game up, I think I only know one my friends that is picking it up.

Jak140

Yes, you're given 3 extra copies of the game immediately after purchase.

I have Torchlight 2 laughing at me in my library.

Awesome. If anyone else wants to host a UK Borderlands 2 4 pack I'd be in for 2 copies (1 for me and 1 for my brother). I can Paypal upfront as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, just so everyone knows if you can get in on a UK 4 pack of Borderlands 2 with the hoster owning Borderlands 1, the price comes out to EDIT $32.60 USD. So you're getting the game essentially half price.

This is directly on Steam as well, so Paypal is a go.

Dingotech

That $32 deal for Borderlands 2 is pretty tempting...

The main thing that has me holding off is all the DLC that will most likely come out for it.
I don't really want to be spending another $30 to obtain all the DLC on top of the base game.

Considering you can get the GOTY version of Borderlands now for $7.50 all the time.

alba

Little is the new Big
Yeah, just so everyone knows if you can get in on a UK 4 pack of Borderlands 2 with the hoster owning Borderlands 1, the price comes out to $31.75 USD. So you're getting the game essentially half price.

This is directly on Steam as well, so Paypal is a go.

Currently in the works with iNvidious01 for this awesome deal, hang on tight!

I'd be up for that! :)

xelios

Considering you can get the GOTY version of Borderlands now for $7.50 all the time.

You can always wait for a bundle/GOTY. If you want to play something at release you pay a little premium. Or you can get it half price at release and get the DLC when it inevitably goes 75% off.

Dingotech

You can always wait for a bundle/GOTY. If you want to play something at release you pay a little premium. Or you can get it half price at release and get the DLC when it inevitably goes 75% off.

Of course, that's what I'm debating internally...

I enjoyed Borderlands for sure, but I do have plenty to play in the meantime.

Having never played the first Prototype, had no real frame of reference, wasn't sure of what to expect with Prototype 2 but it's pretty fucking awesome. Running up walls, bounding into and soaring through the air, absorbing people and mutants, gaining their knowledge, even powers, it's all kinds of ridiculous and fun.

xelios

Just wanted to give a shout out and + rep to iNvidious01 for being a trustworthy fellow, hosting a 4 pack and helping me and my friend 7extonly get Borderlands 2 for EDIT $32.60. Awesome dude! Success! Thanks from both of us.

calyx

Yep, big thanks goes to iNvidious01 from me as well. I was always going to get Borderlands 2 at launch, and i'm really happy I was able to get for such a good price. Thanks alot mate.

Koroviev

do you mean like a elastic band effect? more likely with the online co-op problems, any match I played really ruined the games for me due to latency, even though BL2 will fix all the issues I am really hesitant to pick this game up, I think I only know one my friends that is picking it up.

I'm not sure, to be honest. I've played several hours of L4D2 co-op, and I haven't noticed any comparable "stuttering."

Mairu

If there's a space on a 4pack for Borderlands 2 I'd love to get in on that... I'd start one myself but I got burned enough hosting 4 packs that cost almost nothing per game to want to host one for one of that size -_-

Eusis

Is Left 4 Dead 2 worth it all all if you don't care for zombie games? I did like Resident Evil 5 because of the co-op despite it being a "zombie" game.
I know this is late, too late to take advantage of the sale (though there will be others), but if that's why you liked RE5 in spite of being a "zombie game" then by all means check out L4D2. If it's co-op you want it's one of the best shooter options out there, easily.

iNvid02

what would happen if i did another 4 pack?

because i already have my copy now, would it send all 4 copies to my gift inventory?

Koroviev

I reinstalled the other night, btw. If you ever need an extra, feel free to hit me up.

That would be awesome! :)

I know this is late, too late to take advantage of the sale (though there will be others), but if that's why you liked RE5 in spite of being a "zombie game" then by all means check out L4D2. If it's co-op you want it's one of the best shooter options out there, easily.

Seconded. For better or for worse, making other games seem vastly inferior is a Valve trademark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom