• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

85Lg7.png

not showing the name cause of the friend request floods some people told me they recieved during the summer sales for stuff like this, but wanted to say huge thanks publicly!!

dem guns await me

Oooooh! You lucky son of a gun! :p

Derrick01

Banned
so where did this GAF Steam backlash come from all of a sudden?

It's a reaction to what they perceive as a flood of fanboys relentlessly circle jerking to Steam in countless threads. Anything popular that some people are not a part of will develop that kind of reaction and use that as fuel to hate on the item.

I'm just guessing. I took a freshman psychology class in college so I think I know what I'm talking about here ;)

It's a reaction to what they perceive as a flood of fanboys relentlessly circle jerking to Steam in countless threads. Anything popular that some people are not a part of will develop that kind of reaction and use that as fuel to hate on the item.

I'm just guessing. I took a freshman psychology class in college so I think I know what I'm talking about here ;)

Nicely done covering your tracks.

Ugh, this is so frustrating. Really want to play Fallout 3, but says failed to contact key server. Seems like they are out of CD keys. Would not even have bought the game if I knew this would happen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can only do a 4 pack once. So once a UK gaffer buys it thats it, gotta hope another UK gaffer has room.

Could the person not purchase a four-pack as a gift (once they've received the money) and send that off to someone within the four-pack to distribute? Presumably, the recipient gets his/her copy and the three spares are added to his/her inventory. (Disclaimer: I've never bought a four-pack.)

Ugh, this is so frustrating. Really want to play Fallout 3, but says failed to contact key server. Seems like they are out of CD keys. Would not even have bought the game if I knew this would happen.

I dont understand, If you bought the game on steam, then you can just install. If you didn't buy the game on steam, then you can buy the game on steam and install. I am not sure how steam could ever sell you something without giving it to you.

I dont understand, If you bought the game on steam, then you can just install. If you didn't buy the game on steam, then you can buy the game on steam and install. I am not sure how steam could ever sell you something without giving it to you.

I install it on Steam, but its a 3rd party game so they still request a CD key. Steam doesn't have any more to give out, so I have to wait.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Could the person not purchase a four-pack as a gift (once they've received the money) and send that off to someone within the four-pack to distribute? Presumably, the recipient gets his/her copy and the three spares are added to his/her inventory. (Disclaimer: I've never bought a four-pack.)

Nope, can't purchase as a gift. Game is automatically added to your account and you get 3 extra copies to send out as gifts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's no caution message on the Fallout 3 store page, which is something Valve (finally) began doing during the Summer Sale. Try reinstalling Steam (be sure to back up your steamapps folder) or, if that doesn't work, contacting Support.

Edit: A server issue is likely the case.

Nope, can't purchase as a gift. Game is automatically added to your account and you get 3 extra copies to send out as gifts.
Four packs cannot be purchased as gifts. That being said yeah maybe we need a list or google doc. for a Borderlands 4 pack. Even for U.S. hosts who own Borderlands. $40 apiece isn't bad at all although not as tempted as $32.

Bugger.

I install it on Steam, but its a 3rd party game so they still request a CD key. Steam doesn't have any more to give out, so I have to wait.

I just went on my steam and checked my fallout 3 key (which i obviously already have since I played the game) and it is stuck at requesting key...maybe something is wrong with the steam server. There are power outs in the us of a cnn tells me.

Four packs cannot be purchased as gifts. That being said yeah maybe we need a list or google doc. for a Borderlands 4 pack. Even for U.S. hosts who own Borderlands. $40 apiece isn't bad at all although not as tempted as $32.

Can't do a four pack if you own the game. I tried it with L4D2. Both options are grayed out. You can still buy it individually though, but with less savings.

I just went on my steam and checked my fallout 3 key (which i obviously already have since I played the game) and it is stuck at requesting key...maybe something is wrong with the steam server. There are power outs in the us of a cnn tells me.

It's also possible they ran out of keys though, even though they sold you the game. They don't seem to issue you a key at the point of purchase, instead it seems to happen when you first try to run the game. I bought Far Cry 2 and Burnout Paradise during the sale and had to wait through the weekend to get keys to those games. Someone else on the steam forums who had bought Far Cry 2 years ago tried to play the game for the first time last weekend and couldn't get his key like all the rest of the new players.

gdt

For people wondering, Dark Souls is Steamworks. So the second petition worked!

Well, they forgot about the taking away GFWL part, so its kind of a twist.

Salsa

for like 5 minutes there suddenly I only owned these games:

lbOiP.png

dont play these games with me Steam, you're gonna give me a heart attack

wilflare

To purchase 4packs (even if you own a copy of the game/don't want to own the game)

This is only possible with the Browser (not the client)
On the first tab,
(1) Open the Steam Store
(2) Add any game to cart (that you don't own)
(3) Go to Cart
(4) Purchase as Gift (you should be at page where you decide what you want to do with it)

Open a second tab
(1) Add Borderlands 2 4Pack to Cart
(2) Remove the game that you added

Return to first tab
(1) Continue with the purchase
(2) Borderlands 2 4Pack Purchased

The 4Pack will be a SINGLE item in your inventory
Description says 4Pack

The first person that unpacks it gets 3 more (single) Borderlands 2 in his inventory.

hope the info helps :D

To purchase 4packs (even if you own a copy of the game/don't want to own the game)

On the first tab,
(1) Open the Steam Store
(3) Go to Cart
(4) Purchase as Gift (you should be at page where you decide what you want to do with it)

Open a second tab

Return to first tab

Description says 4Pack

The first person that unpacks it gets 3 more (single) Borderlands 2 in his inventory.

NVidious? would you be able to?

dani_dc

For people wondering, Dark Souls is Steamworks. So the second petition worked!

Well, they forgot about the taking away GFWL part, so its kind of a twist.

Well, hopefully a first step for the sequel to drop GFWL.

Hopefully it uses steam cloud for saves.

you guys sure are eager to first day pre-order a game that doesnt come out till like 2 months from now

10% discount this weekend only (if you own the first).

XeroSauce

On the first tab,
(1) Open the Steam Store
(3) Go to Cart

Open a second tab

Return to first tab

Description says 4Pack

This sounds genius.

I'm also in for a 4-pack, me and my friend have been blasting through BL1 in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom