• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQX

If anyone from the UK is doing another pack at $35 I'm in. Also does the UK edition get the Premiere Club Edition?

iNvid02

yeah the steam forums revealed all, 1 copy will always go to your account

bummer, wanted to help the other guys who pm'd me, oh well

buhdeh

Anyone else doing a four pack for Borderlands 2? Tried to get in with invidious but was at work so I didn't have access to Steam :(

iNvid02

i made a small mistake with the prices, but dont worry about it

paypal's currency exchange rate differs from places like xe - paypal also charge a fee to convert currency

so the correct amount for a 4 pack with 10% discount (according to paypal's own calculator) should be $32.60

paypal's currency exchange rate differs from places like xe - paypal also charge a fee to convert currency

so the correct amount for a 4 pack with 10% discount (according to paypal's own calculator) should be $32.60

That's still a good deal, hopefully someone else will step up but I understand that it's a large sum to begin with so people may feel uneasy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Looks like we oops'd. Anyway, check your Paypal, should be fixed for the whole pack. I'll change my posts to reflect the proper price.

iNvid02

Looks like we oops'd. Anyway, check your Paypal, should be fixed for the whole pack. I'll change my posts to reflect the proper price.

you didnt have to do that man, thanks. i'll remember it

this tool should come in handy from now on, never even knew about it before today

Is there anyway to change which exe the normal launch icon points to? Im playing a modded version of Fallout 3 that requires me to launch from a different exe. So now I have 2 launch options for F3 in my games list so I can still access steam inside the game. Alos Steam wont keep track of my hours this way.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
guys two things if you'll be so patient to indulge me

1. what is this i'm hearing about a cut and uncut version of borderlands GOTY?

2. is Orcs must die GOTY worth getting? 3.24 is damn tempting

MRORANGE

Is there anyway to change which exe the normal launch icon points to? Im playing a modded version of Fallout 3 that requires me to launch from a different exe. So now I have 2 launch options for F3 in my games list so I can still access steam inside the game. Alos Steam wont keep track of my hours this way.

Probably not, unless you change the modified .exe to replace the original .exe ?

guys two things if you'll be so patient to indulge me

1. what is this i'm hearing about a cut and uncut version of borderlands GOTY?

2. is Orcs must die GOTY worth getting? 3.24 is damn tempting

1. Only a problem in Germany

2, yeah

iNvid02

i forgot how crazy the russian prices are - where art thou russia gaf?

2MNsA.png
xIgMQ.png
df08y.png

egeFx.png
MuJrY.png
ehz6F.png

KingKong

man Binary Domain is just...kind of dull

there were moments where I thought it would be crazy and fun but I think I'm about half way through (just after the gorilla boss fight in chapter 4) and its just waves and waves of robots that get really boring to fight

Derrick01

Banned
Russian prices are part of the reason why Gaf had that key seller obsession for a while before Evilore brought the hammer down. I remember watching all that, good times.

iNvid02

Russian prices are part of the reason why Gaf had that key seller obsession for a while before Evilore brought the hammer down. I remember watching all that, good times.
yeah i remember, the final straw was confirmation that some of these sites sell stolen keys

About to say. Recently they put in a ban against people playing Russian games in other parts of the world.

wow, guess thats that then

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Prior to the ban, I almost bought a super cheap game from one of the Russian key sites, but to get the game I had to give them my Steam log-in info. I said "fuck that shit" and never went back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've had the best of luck with "grey market" CD keys. Even Modern Warfare 2 is still in my Library.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
wow, guess thats that then

Never really understood the need for it either. Wait a few months and you'll be able to get 99% of those titles for about that price anyways.

Sleeping Dogs for example will probably be around 10$ by Christmas. Probably get a half off of Dark Souls for the Christmas Sale, same with Borderlands. Only games that really retain their prices for long are your constant sellers...basically Skyrim and COD.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dark Souls $69 on Steam?

Guess this will the first time in a long time I buy a physical version of a game:

$68 pre-order at EBGames:

157565_detail.jpg

AND get a bonus Dark Souls mouse and pad:

bonus_darksould_pc_small.jpg

http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-157565-Dark-Souls-Prepare-to-Die-Edition-PC

Snazzy. Do we have clarification on whether Dark Souls keys are indeed universally Steam-friendly or if that's just a GMG offer?

Edit: GamersGate is also saying that the keys are Steam-friendly. I think I have my answer, but I don't know if I want to pay a touch over twice as what I'd pay for the game at GMG using a code. On the other hand, the art book...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just hope Borderlands 2 isn't boring, repetitive and bland like the first game.

Anyway, is there a way to prevent Windows disabling Aero whenever I run AoE III?

Gav47

Like several other people I'll like to get in on a UK 4 pack for Borderlands 2 as well. PM me or add me on Steam, ID: Gav8in

Derrick01

Banned
Prior to the ban, I almost bought a super cheap game from one of the Russian key sites, but to get the game I had to give them my Steam log-in info. I said "fuck that shit" and never went back.

Yeah I was the same. $25 for new games for a broke bastard like me was incredibly tempting but asking for that on top of CC info was too much. Way too shady.

Salsa

85Lg7.png

not showing the name cause of the friend request floods some people told me they recieved during the summer sales for stuff like this, but wanted to say huge thanks publicly!!

dem guns await me

Salsa

About to say. Recently they put in a ban against people playing Russian games in other parts of the world.

This is only true for certain games and up to the publisher, not Steam. The main issue with gifting from Russia and whatnot is the fact that Russians cant cash up their Paypal money, for example, among other limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom