• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prototype 2 is crazy fun, I think I've played through half the game today in a few sittings. I love the mobility of the character, the power you start off with and how it scales is impressive. It's just fun to jump and glide around the ruins of New York and, better yet, it's so simple. You don't even think about it, you just leap, bound and glide around. The missions are alright, a decent mix of stealth/infiltration and all out carnage. I kinda like that there's Hitman-esque hiding in plain sight segments. The combat is simple but fun and really bolstered by the constant stream of upgrades and new moves you gain by completing main and side activities.

Back in the day I chose Infamous over Prototype because they looked like the same game and came out at roughly the same time. If the first Prototype is half as fun as its sequel, I think I need to play it.

As you said, just play Prototype 1, it's fun, also you will know the story or Mercer, so my friend, just play P1 :D

Detox

To purchase 4packs (even if you own a copy of the game/don't want to own the game)

This is only possible with the Browser (not the client)
On the first tab,
(1) Open the Steam Store
(2) Add any game to cart (that you don't own)
(3) Go to Cart
(4) Purchase as Gift (you should be at page where you decide what you want to do with it)

Open a second tab
(1) Add Borderlands 2 4Pack to Cart
(2) Remove the game that you added

Return to first tab
(1) Continue with the purchase
(2) Borderlands 2 4Pack Purchased

The 4Pack will be a SINGLE item in your inventory
Description says 4Pack

The first person that unpacks it gets 3 more (single) Borderlands 2 in his inventory.

hope the info helps :D
This is very useful if it works via iPad browser which I don't see why it wouldn't I'm willing to host (I guess send) 4 packs of BL2. I don't have access to a pc browser so it might take a while juggling various apps but if people want it I'm down. Before making the purchase I would need PayPal in advance from all 4 buyers and obviously they need to pay any associated fees. Add me on steam if you're interested: http://steamcommunity.com/id/detox232

Xanathus

This is very useful if it works via iPad browser which I don't see why it wouldn't I'm willing to host (I guess send) 4 packs of BL2. I don't have access to a pc browser so it might take a while juggling various apps but if people want it I'm down. Before making the purchase I would need PayPal in advance from all 4 buyers and obviously they need to pay any associated fees. Add me on steam if you're interested: http://steamcommunity.com/id/detox232

Are you getting the UK or US price?

Xanathus

I keep forgetting critical information sorry. It is £80.99 in the store for me which works out to £20.25 not sure how much that would be in dollars with PayPal and its fees. Also this is a 10% discount that will end on the 30th July.

Google tells me it's 32 USD not including paypal fees.
https://www.google.com/search?q=20.25+pounds+to+usd

Also note that you will be buying ONE single 4-pack item which means that you can't give them out without getting one of them added to your library first. So if you don't want a copy of BL2, you need to give the 4-pack to someone else to open it and then that guy will have to hand out the separate 3 more copies.

I'm actually going to hold off on Borderlands 2 for now. I completely forgot Deponia is coming out in a couple of weeks and that will probably be $20-$30. For some reason I was thinking it releases at the end of August.

Seems like Capcom USA has acknowledged the hatred of GFWL and they are possibly looking for alternatives:

After Capcom's panel at EVO, I struck up a conversation with one of the Capcom employees and got to ask a few PC specific questions. Nothing here is hugely ground breaking, but thought I would pass on what I learned for the interested. Further explanation after the bullet points.

GFWL

They know we all hate it, and they hate it too. Nothing explicit was promised, but it was not-so-subtly suggested that we keep any eye out for news in this regard. At a minimum I would take this to mean that alternatives are being actively considered.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ding-their-pc-fighting-games-from-evo.164170/

Maybe they'll switch to Steamworks at the end of the year?

Detox

Is this for a Borderlands 2 four-pack? If so I'm keen. PM me if you need a fourth.
You could start another one, I'm using Xelios method to buy via browser. There is someone on my steam friends list down for two so if you're up for it then we just need one more.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, I don't buy that either.

What ever happened to those eXceed games? Those were being published by Capcom, right? Get your shit together, yo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, I don't buy that either.

What ever happened to those eXceed games? Those were being published by Capcom, right? Get your shit together, yo.

Capcom probably forgot. Just as it forgot to put everything but SSFIV:AE and DR2:OtR on sale during the Summer Sale.

HoosTrax

I had always fun in Borderlands, no matter if SP or MP.
Bring it on, Gearbox.

CnI60.jpg
Is that all. I have a guy on my friends list from another forum who has 900 hours in the game. I think he eventually got some special VIP status on the BL forums. Personally, I only managed about 200 hours in the game and I can't imagine spending 900 hours on one game (with crappy netcode/matchmaking).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaand my computer is back home, with three additional fans, new heatsink and new thermal paste!!!!! :D :D :D

Let's try this shit out!

I've missed SteamGAAAAAAF :_:

Welp, cheaper to buy a boxed copy of Borderlands 2 than buy a 4 pack digitally. I hate being a burden on the environment; buying discs but money is tight.

Bahh! Went out and missed out on another Borderlands 4-pack, at least others were able to get it, that's great that someone else stepped up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nice. How are the temperatures looking now?
From 47-50c on idle and 90+c during gaming to 40c on idle and like 75-80c while gaming :D!

Detox

Dear Gabe, the steam JavaScript that redirects from PayPal to steam doesn't work on safari on the iPad. Thanks to this I just bought 3 Borderlands 2 4-packs. I was supposed to buy one for the guys who got the pack with Aesilth he has received it and should be distributing it, anyway there is 2 four packs up for grabs each copy goes for £20.25, payment via PayPal. Please organise fourpacks prior to sending money. Add me on steam if interested http://steamcommunity.com/id/detox232
I will start one four pack as a guy on my list wants two copies
1. 7extonly
2. 7extonly
3. ?????
4. ?????

Dear Gabe, the steam JavaScript that redirects from PayPal to steam doesn't work on safari on the iPad. Thanks to this I just bought 3 Borderlands 2 4-packs. I was supposed to buy one for the guys who got the pack with Aesilth he has received it and should be distributing it, anyway there is 2 four packs up for grabs each copy goes for £20.25, payment via PayPal. Please organise fourpacks prior to sending money. Add me on steam if interested http://steamcommunity.com/id/detox232
1. 7extonly
2. 7extonly
3. ?????
4. ?????
Yep. That script is shit. If I were I would contact Valve without hesitation and sort this out.

I would be up for host a Borderlands 2 4pack were it not for the fact that a) the price would take a good 20% of what's left of my bank account and b) aforementioned bank hates PayPal and refuses any and all transfers to and from the account, so that's not an option. Might jump on one of the four packs as an individual, however. Maybe. Maybe.

Is that all. I have a guy on my friends list from another forum who has 900 hours in the game. I think he eventually got some special VIP status on the BL forums. Personally, I only managed about 200 hours in the game and I can't imagine spending 900 hours on one game (with crappy netcode/matchmaking).
What the flipping shit batman.

My most played game of all time is CoD4 on xbox with a whopping 770 hours, but that's a full fledged online multiplayer game. How do you keep a SP/Co-op game fun for a full 38 days of playtime?

My most played game of all time is CoD4 on xbox with a whopping 770 hours, but that's a full fledged online multiplayer game. How do you keep a SP/Co-op game fun for a full 38 days of playtime?

There's at least two flavours of New Game + in Borderlands 1, it'll take at least three run through to unlock everything.

HoosTrax

Well, to keep things in perspective, this guy has also been racking up playtime in Civ V since getting bored of Borderlands about a year ago, and he's up to 878 hours and counting in that game now too.

He only has about 60 games total on Steam, compared to my 400. Some people just find a game they really like and stick with it, I suppose. I think my highest playtime is 500 hours in TF2, and that's over many years (how ever many years TF2 has been out).

Giard

1. 7extonly
2. 7extonly
3. ?????
4. ?????

Could I pay you on PayPal even though I don't have an account on it?

1. 7extonly
2. 7extonly
3. ?????
4. ?????

Added on Steam, IblisGinjo *Edit* Thank you Detox, everything went smoothly. Thanks HoosTrax I got it.

1-D_FTW

Seems like Capcom USA has acknowledged the hatred of GFWL and they are possibly looking for alternatives:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...ding-their-pc-fighting-games-from-evo.164170/

Maybe they'll switch to Steamworks at the end of the year?

Very enlightening. And sadly, not at all surprising to read some of it.

Knowing them they'll go to Origin-works.

:lol

What? Origin-works exists? Seriously? They have third party solutions that allow integrated netcode/browsers?

Hey, EA, integrate that into BF3! Quiting a program to go to a browser is for plebs.

Logitech Driving Force GT is quite good for 150USD.

It's a nice budget wheel for 100USD. If you have to pay all the way to 150, mine as well just scratch together another 50 dollars and wait till the G27 is on sale for 200. Because there's a significant bump up and you need to save more than that to go for the GT.

catabarez

Very enlightening. And sadly, not at all surprising to read some of it.

:lol

What? Origin-works exists? Seriously? They have third party solutions that allow integrated netcode/browsers?

Hey, EA, integrate that into BF3! Quiting a program to go to a browser is for plebs.

It's a nice budget wheel for 100USD. If you have to pay all the way to 150, mine as well just scratch together another 50 dollars and wait till the G27 is on sale for 200. Because there's a significant bump up and you need to save more than that to go for the GT.

How much better is the G27?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom