• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

alba

Little is the new Big
I have one more 4 pack left for those interested make sure you got a group of 4 ready before sending payments etc. So if someone wants it start a list.

Someone quick, make a list and include me! grrr missed out on it last night :O

1-D_FTW

How much better is the G27?

Better gearing system for the FFB and the pedals are much better.

Don't get me wrong: the GT is a decent starter package for the right price. But there is most definitely a real bump up with the G27 that's more than worth 50 dollars.

catabarez

Better gearing system for the FFB and the pedals are much better.

Don't get me wrong: the GT is a decent starter package for the right price. But there is most definitely a real bump up with the G27 that's more than worth 50 dollars.

Are there any others that you would recommend around that price range?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was hyped for Borderlands 2... but fucking Blizzard came and ruined it all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
But there's no Auction House to sully the the lootwhore core of Borderlands 2.
It's not about which game has the most loot... but which one takes the biggest priority and WoW is a killer unfortunately :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not about which game has the most loot... but which one takes the biggest priority and WoW is a killer unfortunately :(

Oh, I thought you were suggesting that Blizzard's questionable design decisions in Diablo 3 had weakened your interest in loot-laden RPGs.

Yoshichan

Oh, I thought you were suggesting that Blizzard's questionable design decisions in Diablo 3 had weakened your interest in loot-laden RPGs.
Oooh yeah, that actually makes sense, haha! I should've been clearer with what I meant~

TGMIII

The only thing stopping me from ordering borderlands 2 is the online. The netcode for 1 was awful, literally seconds of delay between firing and it registering, and I can't find anything on them saying that they've improved it.

Volcynika

The only thing stopping me from ordering borderlands 2 is the online. The netcode for 1 was awful, literally seconds of delay between firing and it registering, and I can't find anything on them saying that they've improved it.

I didn't have that issue myself, but the fact they're using Steamworks instead of Gamespy makes me more hopeful already.

blowred

Banned
With credit by GMG and vouchers I'm torn between 2 games: borderlands 2 for 32 bucks or dark souls for 24 bucks, which one do I pick?

ShaneB

God dammit, I know I'm going to crack and give in to a BL2 4 pack before the weekend is over...

Anyways... onto a different game....

Starting playing Psychonauts a couple days ago and been really enjoying it. Full of that Double Fine charm with great humour, and the level design is just incredible. I just finished Lungfishopolis and was in hysterics the whole time, absolutely hilarious level and theme. A shame it wasn't a bigger hit, but I can understand why. I'd have no idea how to market this, or to try and pinpoint a target audience.

It definitely makes me miss the glory days of 3d platformers.

Rapstah

With credit by GMG and vouchers I'm torn between 2 games: borderlands 2 for 32 bucks or dark souls for 24 bucks, which one do I pick?

Do you have to buy them soon? Dark Souls is amazing but could be ruined by a bad port or the Games for Windows Live integration being really invasive. Borderlands 2 is more likely to be a good port but it isn't out yet so it's hard to say how good it is.

blowred

Banned
Do you have to buy them soon? Dark Souls is amazing but could be ruined by a bad port or the Games for Windows Live integration being really invasive. Borderlands 2 is more likely to be a good port but it isn't out yet so it's hard to say how good it is.

vouchers are expiring on 1 august and I kinda want them, Although if they put dishonoured on I'll buy that instead :)

1-D_FTW

Are there any others that you would recommend around that price range?

Really depends on how high you're willing to go. There are a number of tiers higher.

The closest competitor are the Fanatecs. You'd have to ask elsewhere (since they change models so often), but their 300 dollar models are really nice. Some would argue the FFB is better and the cell load brake is definitely an upgrade. But that combo will take you to at least 300 dollars and while certain configurations also support the 360, quality control with Fanatec doesn't seem to be as high.

The more you're willing to pay, the better you can get. But if you're looking for the absolute sweet spot of quality/price, the G27 is still the champion. Consider it the budget entry to the high quality wheels.

HoosTrax

There's way too much up in the air with regards to Dark Souls for me to pre-order it. Mainly how bad is the port going to be.

So, basically, on the one hand, you have a company (Gearbox) that's been actively courting the PC audience and apologetic about the job they did on the port of Borderlands 1. On the other, you have a company (Namco) that's actively ignoring all of the concerns people have with the port they're doing with DS.

Guess which company gets my money here and now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suppose I should work my way through the Borderlands DLC before the sequel releases. "Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot" is the one I should avoid, right?

HoosTrax

very well I guess, considering it's the top seller on Steam.
I don't think it's going to reach Skyrim numbers on launch day (Gearbox has to prove that it's capable of a competent PC launch for its Borderlands franchise), but it should do decently, I would guess. It seems to be doing far better than the Darksiders and Dark Souls pre-orders. Not sure how it compares to the pre-order numbers for Torchlight II up to this point.

Haven't been following all the deals on Borderlands 2, but it's back to $49.99 (before vouchers) on GMG now.

Biggest deal at the moment is UK folks getting a 4 pack direct from Steam for £80.99 if they have the 10% discount (that's £20.25 or about $32 each). Even once the discount is expired, the 4 pack from Steam is £89.99 (£22.50 or about $35.50 each), meaning if you're prepared to split the load, that's currently the best deal.

Derrick01

Banned
Haven't been following all the deals on Borderlands 2, but it's back to $49.99 (before vouchers) on GMG now.

Damn they need to make up their mind, is it 50 or 60? It keeps flip flopping.

It upsets me because every time it goes back to 50 I start thinking about buying it since I can push it to 40.

really glad i picked up Borderlands GOTY during the summer sale. Put in a few hours already and i forgot how much fun that game is. The gun loot is so ridiculous, can't wait for BL2.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Want to give a shoutout to ImRight. He held a contest in which I won the game Bastion. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks again, ImRight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom