• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam ♥ Will most likely buy someone a copy of Borderlands 2 when the days are approaching :3

Mairu

If there's spot on a Borderlands 2 UK 4-pack I'd love to get in on one - I'm about to head to work but I'll check as frequently as I can to respond asap

Detox

A lot of people are asking for the UK 4 pack, I'll try and make it easy to set up. First of all the price is £20.25 and payment will be in GBP, when you select gift payment in PayPal the confirmation page will have a checkbox in order for you to take the fee you will need to pay this in addition to the £20.25. I'm not sure what this is exactly in USD but some people say it is $32. Regardless don't send me 32 dollars send me £20.25 with GBP selected as the currency and PayPal will tell you how much it is in your local currency.

The 4 pack will be gifted in its entirety to one person in the group this will be the person I trust the most probably going off how active they have been on GAF. The person I give the 4 copies to will then have to gift the rest of the copies to the others on the list.

Now if you want the 4 pack, set up a group of 4. Post the list of four in this thread and I will PM each member with my email. Please leave a note with your Gaf username and steam name preferably community URL with the gift payment so I can keep track of who has paid. Once I receive payment from all four members I will send the gift out.

Also for those on the fence it is worth noting this deal ends 30 July.

Xyber

A lot of people are asking for the UK 4 pack, I'll try and make it easy to set up. First of all the price is £20.25 and payment will be in GBP, when you select gift payment in PayPal the confirmation page will have a checkbox in order for you to take the fee you will need to pay this in addition to the £20.25. I'm not sure what this is exactly in USD but some people say it is $32. Regardless don't send me 32 dollars send me £20.25 with GBP selected as the currency and PayPal will tell you how much it is in your local currency.

The 4 pack will be gifted in its entirety to one person in the group this will be the person I trust the most probably going off how active they have been on GAF. The person I give the 4 copies to will then have to gift the rest of the copies to the others on the list.

Now if you want the 4 pack, set up a group of 4. Post the list of four in this thread and I will PM each member with my email. Please leave a note with your Gaf username and steam name preferably community URL with the gift payment so I can keep track of who has paid. Once I receive payment from all four members I will send the gift out.

Also for those on the fence it is worth noting this deal ends on the 30th July.

You can't gift all 4 copies, one stays with the buyer.

dhusband

Neo Member
Well I already contacted Detox on Steam. So I guess I'll be 1 of the next 4.

1. LQX
2. dhusband (theoriginator on steam)
3. ???
4. ???

iNvid02

im also in the middle of doing a 4 pack for some guys i missed last time - once its done i'll be able to help out too

detox - this currency conversion fee calculator should come in handy

as of right now, paypal exchanges £20.25 for $32.59

HoosTrax

I'm not sure what this is exactly in USD but some people say it is $32. Regardless don't send me 32 dollars send me £20.25 with GBP selected as the currency and PayPal will tell you how much it is in your local currency.
Just in case people are wondering -- the exact amount in American Dollars is $32.75 (as of this morning). Maybe subject to constant fluctuations?

Xyber

There's a glitch on the browser version I've already done 3 packs.

Oh, nice. Well in that case you can help me buy it. I have 2 friends who want it right now and I'll see if I can get one more. I'll send you a PM later when I know how many I need to pay for.

HoosTrax

im getting $32.59 using the calculator on the paypal site - how did you get yours hoos?
I'm just citing the amount that Paypal requested when I did the 4-pack with Detox this morning. But in any case, I think this is subject to constant fluctuation -- I'm using the converter you linked, and it's showing me a slightly different exchange rate from the one listed on my receipt from earlier.

iNvid02

Wtf, I get $30.93 with the calculator

its different depending on if you're converting to and from

also, the calculator the send money part of their site has another amount, wtf indeed

the best thing to do is just send the money in £ currency, paypal will show you how much it is in dollars under the gift option

so when you are about to send the gift - send it in £ (so £20.25)

8Ltpn.png

Cru Jones

Well I already contacted Detox on Steam. So I guess I'll be 1 of the next 4.

1. LQX
2. dhusband (theoriginator on steam)
3. Cru Jones (CruJones83 on Steam)
4. Cru Jones (CruJones83 on Steam)

I have a friend who wants in, I'll pay for two copies of this if I can be the person who receives the 4 pack

Detox

Yeah send in pounds as I believe if you send in dollars then I get dollars which I have to either convert on my end which obviously incurs a charge or keep it as a dollar balance which I'm not sure if I can even spend.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
are there any other options available then - or does it have to be a regular paypal payment?

When sending money, only 3 options show up to me. Translated, they mean:

Merchandise
Ebay Items
Services

I can't really tell what they mean and I wish PayPal would allow me to easily pay the taxes. However, I can tell you that "services" uses the "paypal tax" bracket called "Purchase Payment (Cross Border)" used in the Paypal Fee Calculator website in the "type of payment" option.

ezekial45

Banned
Just curious, and I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but when you pre-order a game are you charged immediately? Or does it only go through when the game is released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just curious, and I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but when you pre-order a game are you charged immediately? Or does it only go through when the game is released.

You're charged immediately, however you're able to request a refund at any time prior to release.

HoosTrax

It's not a no-brainer, and I think the answer depends on where you buy it from. In the case of Amazon:
Tony said:
You get a steam key when the game launches (or is available for pre-load if the game is available for pre-load not sure on this one).

You won't get charged until we deliver this code.

Cheers,
Tony
With Steam pre-orders, you have to pay immediately because you get the key immediately. I'm not sure about GMG.

Edit:
Technically, the subscription isn't tied to your account until release, which is why Support obliges refund requests sent before the release date and also why pre-orders don't appear in your Community game list.
Thanks for clarifying.

JaseC

With Steam pre-orders, you have to pay immediately because you get the key immediately. I'm not sure about GMG.

Technically, the subscription isn't tied to your account until release, which is why Support obliges refund requests sent before the release date and also why pre-orders don't appear in your Community game list.

From 47-50c on idle and 90+c during gaming to 40c on idle and like 75-80c while gaming :D!

Awesome. Really wish you would have fixed it yourself though. It's not actually complicated, it's just something you have to research on how to do it. Once you know the cpu/heatsink installation process it takes less than 5 minutes to instal both. It's the only part of building a PC that can even be considered complicated, and it is actually more about being careful than it is complicated.

Guys, Portal 2 is really good. I'm not sure if you guys know this.

Yoshi doesnt.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Awesome. Really wish you would have fixed it yourself though. It's not actually complicated, it's just something you have to research on how to do it. Once you know the cpu/heatsink installation process it takes less than 5 minutes to instal both. It's the only part of building a PC that can even be considered complicated, and it is actually more about being careful than it is complicated.
Oh there's still lots for me to do! I still have three fans to hook up, I just need to buy them and then put them in :3 The only thing they did was put the thermal paste on, and only that gave me like 20 less Celsius. Can you believe that shit?!

Yoshi doesnt.
I WILL VERY SOON!

Oh there's still lots for me to do! I still have three fans to hook up, I just need to buy them and then put them in :3 The only thing they did was put the thermal paste on, and only that gave me like 20 less Celsius. Can you believe that shit?!

Was this a problem from when they initially built it, or was it from when you took it apart? If it was from when they built it then I hope they didn't charge you for these repairs.

JaseC

Portal 2 would have been that little bit better had the "There was a man with a briefcase looking for you" line not been cut. More Half-Life teases, Valve!

I realized that all I play these days are Indie games!

Avernum, SPAZ, Legend of Grimrock, Dredmor, Eschalon, Lone Survivor, Frozen Synapse, Wizorb, Minecraft... is this the golden age of Indie gaming? Has it ever been this good?

kaskade

I know I'm really LTTP to Portal 2 but I was waiting to have my PC before I played it so I picked it up during the sale. It's not so hard (yet at least), that I get angry but it's hard enough that I feel smart when I solve the puzzle. That moment of enlightenment is like non other.

JaseC

Tell me more.

There's not much more to say, really. Here's the passage from Final Hours:

The writers were well aware of fan expactations [of links between Portal and Half-Life] and toyed with some fun possibilities. In a sequence eventually cut from the game, Wheatley tells the player, "A man with a briefcase was just here looking for you." -- a reference to the enigmatic G-Man, an iconic figure in Half-Life lore who controls the player's character, scientist Gordon Freeman.

Turns out I got the quote oh-so slightly wrong. ;)

I know I'm really LTTP to Portal 2 but I was waiting to have my PC before I played it so I picked it up during the sale. It's not so hard (yet at least), that I get angry but it's hard enough that I feel smart when I solve the puzzle. That moment of enlightenment is like non other.

Sl7pk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom