• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised at a price drop like those Spiderweb games.

I had to check and see how much their games are on the official site to see what you meant and I had no idea they were more expensive there than on Steam.

It's nice to see Valve being more lenient with this genre, as in seeing more of them on Steam compared to over a year ago. I remember developers saying how they were hard to get on there.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
All 4 spots for Wanderlust filled, everyone has paid and been given their copies of the games. Thanks guys.

I really want to get Borderlands 2 for PC but unfortunately, 2 of my 3 coop buddies don't have gaming PCs so I really have no choice but to go with the Xbox 360 version.

ShaneB

negative. apparently 3 years on steam and this summer sale was the first. i've been missing out for a while. Just built the new pc and getting back into gaming

Constant sales and lack of any physical product with buying digital goods being just a few clicks, turns a lot more people into collectors. No way would I ever buy all the games I have on Steam if I had to have a box to go along with it, or go to the store for every single purchase.

negative. apparently 3 years on steam and this summer sale was the first. i've been missing out for a while. Just built the new pc and getting back into gaming

Same. 8 years steam and first sale (not counting week specials and Halloween garbagio)

I don't even have a DESKTOP! I just buy.

The Book of Unwritten Tales, a point-and-click adventure, is coming out on the 31st.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215160/

g5zDu.jpg

Now I'm definitely glad I held off on Borderlands 2.

YES! I've been waiting for this one.

I'm gonna be hosting a Borderlands 2 4-Pack. Two slots open as I'm grabbing a copy for my mate that isn't on here.

Borderlands 2 4-Pack Full[/B]

1. GazzaScotland
2. Martyn10011
3. mackattk
4. QuantumBro

iNvid02

EDIT: CLOSED

Borderlands 2 four pack - 2 slots left

need to be able to paypal right now though

PM me if your down

1. jokingbird
2. iron badger
3. blackMamba1187
4. blackMamba1187

Salsa

Man I was planning on getting Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs (Dark Souls is gonna wait a bit, that's what you get for GFWL), but after all the talk of DS2 having 3-4 areas each of wich AS big as the entire first game game (and supposedly 10+ hours on each one), I might just hold off Sleeping Dogs for a bit. God damn.

Exuro

I just started playing Botanicula after a "blind purchase"(Played Machinarium and loved it, steam sale purchase on this with no knowledge of it). Game is amazing. So much atmosphere and interaction, not to mention lovable looking characters.

I just started playing Botanicula after a "blind purchase"(Played Machinarium and loved it, steam sale purchase on this with no knowledge of it). Game is amazing. So much atmosphere and interaction, not to mention lovable looking characters.

Yep. My favorite purchase from the Steam sale so far. Music is awesome too.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm new to steam, is there a way to play games without being connected to the internet?
Connect FIRST to the internet, then go into offline mode. It needs to go online to collect credentials. Then you can be offline in offline mode as much as you want.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man I was planning on getting Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs (Dark Souls is gonna wait a bit, that's what you get for GFWL), but after all the talk of DS2 having 3-4 areas each of wich AS big as the entire first game game (and supposedly 10+ hours on each one), I might just hold off Sleeping Dogs for a bit. God damn.

You know you want both. After seeing GB's combat video, I'm tempted, but I really don't think I'll be done with the original any time soon: Kingdoms of Amalur + DLC to finish, then it's on to the Borderlands DLC, followed by Dark Souls and Sleeping Dogs, then Borderlands 2, which will probably lead into Dishonored, which itself will probably lead into Assassin's Creed III -- and by then it'll be November.

Yeah, it's my favorite game of the year so far. As far as adventure games go it's limited in exploration compared to a lot of games in the genre but it more than makes up for that in all the other areas. Great soundtrack, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Amanita is one of my favourite developers. Its games, aside from being solid point-and-click titles, are awash with character and charm. Machinarium in particular is just a profoundly amazing piece of work in all respects.

This is crying in the sea... If anyone is interested in some FEAR 3 coop send me aprivate and will see if we can arrange something. Finished with the single player campaign and im about to unistall. It would be a shame not to experience the coop at least once.

It's a solid game with some good mechanics.

Gvaz

Banned
This is crying in the sea... If anyone is interested in some FEAR 3 coop send me aprivate and will see if we can arrange something. Finished with the single player campaign and im about to unistall. It would be a shame not to experience the coop at least once.

It's a solid game with some good mechanics.
I would....but I'm not playing fear 3 till I finish fear 2

inky

Still some hours left on this one:

I want to contribute something through Steamgifts.com:

header.jpg

GAF Private Giveaway

Link (quote to see):

Remember anyone can register on the site now and it only takes a couple of hours to get the 20 points you'll need to enter this giveaway.

/end of spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom