• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What did they do? Suspend your purchasing for gifting too much?

Valve tends to assume that heavy gifters are selling for profit. Somebody was hit with this during the Summer Sale... I want to say I H8 Memes, but I'm not entirely certain.

Edit: Not in this case, it seems.

Revoh

Hey, who wants to buy Torchlight 2?
The 4-pack is 59.99$ and also includes a copy of Torchlight 1.
If anybody wants to buy it just send me a PM or quote this.

Edit: I don't know why Steam doesn't want to accept my Paypal money, even though other places like Ebay do.
I can send the money to the buyer in advance.

Valve tends to assume that heavy gifters are selling for profit. Somebody was hit with this during the Summer Sale... I want to say I H8 Memes, but I'm not entirely certain.

Edit: Not in this case, it seems.

that was me when gifting GTA :/ I missed a flash deal because of it :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay time to get on Steam again :D Feels good to be back!

Salsa

so this:

ss_1694ba4ce5d28adbf2b949925f0375354d58c9da.1920x1080.jpg

isnt a minish cap sprite with different hair?

minishcap.jpg

wanderlust looks good tho, despite character portrait art making me barf and taking up waaaaaaaaay too much screen space for no reason

Exuro

Valve tends to assume that heavy gifters are selling for profit.
What's the point of having a Steam Inventory for games if not for trading? I've bought lots of small packs of games overtime and turned them around for "profit" aka higher priced games. I don't see the need for them to do this.

JaseC

I'd jump on Wanderlust if I thought I'd play it at all. I have what I like to call Counter-Stritis -- the inability to put even a remotely significant amount of time into an MP game that isn't CS.

that was me when gifting GTA :/ I missed a flash deal because of it :(

Bugger. :(

JaseC

What's the point of having a Steam Inventory for games if not for trading? I've bought lots of small packs of games overtime and turned them around for "profit" aka higher priced games. I don't see the need for them to do this.

Maybe it's one of those things Valve does to distract it from Half-Life 3.

"Should we announce Half-Life 3 today?"
"Nah, let's just start restricting the accounts of those who gift a lot and make them jump through hoops with Support."

zulux21

I'm happy to see wanderlust on steam... btw I don't know if this has been posted but if you want to try a demo out of the game there is one on their main site it allows you to play the first 2 chapters online (if you can get it working :p) with others

It's a nice little RPG though, I should go back and finish it at some point, but it's hard to get my friends together to play together.

Also don't be fooled by the alchemist... it's really a ninja in disguise :p

same as detox - further purchasing is temporarily stopped.

sent steam support a message, could be waiting until 2014

They did this to me during the summer sale too. Here is the support ticket I filed and their response. I haven't been able to see if I can make purchases again yet cause I'm broke now.

qdOuJ.jpg

Mrbob

Damn, missed out on the Wanderlust 4 pack. Anyone else want to start another one?

1) Mrbob
2) Friend
3)?
4)?

Need two more spots!

Sajjaja

Snot came out of my nose. Give it to this guy.

So guys.

Ys. How is it?

lol.

Ys..... I bought Oath and the combat is cool, but the boss fights....holy shit.... I probably died 30 times(theres even an achievement for dying I think 10 times on a boss) on that first one....... It's still good, but I wish I had a controller with vibration support to play it with. It's worth $5 I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom