• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

Willing to be the host in a BL2 pack in the US. Already got my friend signed up and just need 2 to fill in the slots.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now that I have Ys Oath, I regret not picking up Ys Origin. Oh well, lesson learned: next time, buy everything.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Just a heads up. The 10% discount for Borderlands 1 owners for Borderlands 2 Pre-orders ends this weekend. Been getting some questions from people who are mixing stuff up :p

Now that I have Ys Oath, I regret not picking up Ys Origin. Oh well, lesson learned: next time, buy everything.
:) Great game huh? I'm still struggling to beat it but I'll get there.
What order should I play the Ys games again?
Ah, the famous question yet again.

My personal opinion is Oath then Origin because I just like towns and the solid story.
I have also played Origin, it probably has better action and it's much more streamlined.

Beat Prototype 2, clocked in at 18 hours, did everything, all of the open world activities, the Blacknet (fun) and Radnet stuff (not fun, this is the crap Activision set aside as a pre-order bonus?), gained every mutation and powered up all of my abilities through consuming enemies. The only thing I didn't do was fully "evolve" Heller but I guess that's only possible on New Game+?

Fucking fun game once push past the heavily guided intro section. When you get to the open world things start crazy (wall running, gliding through the air, slicing and absorbing people/mutants) and just continue to escalate the further you get in the game. This is easily one of the best open world games I have played simply because the core mechanics are so damned fun.

Think I'll install the first Prototype and finally give a whirl.

Katoki

Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga is up for $5.99 on Amazon for anyone who held off from buying it during the sale for $10 I think it was.

Both DRM-free and Steam versions and all that good stuff.

So, was Oath released first? How about the story? Thanks!
Yeah Oath is the older game. It is a
remake of a previous game Ys: III in the series.
Oath's story works well with the kind of action game genre we have. Not overly complicated, still interesting.

Story wise Origin is a prequel to all previous games.
I had a hard time getting into Origin's story in the 6hrs I've played so far. Apparently it has cameo appearances and connections to Ys I and II. It's still okay for you to play it first though (as is the nature of prequels). Np! :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spent an hour with Deus Ex:HR yesterday and my CPU temp peaked at 75 (compared to last times 90 Celsius)!!! I'm so happy :3!

Stop the presses:

Borderlands 2 preorder @ GMG for $40 with voucher code: PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU

now if I can get through the fucking checkout

EDIT: And for 20% off everything else on GMG (not already discounted): PLAYF-SURVY-VOUCH

Aselith

Stop the presses:

Borderlands 2 preorder @ GMG for $40 with voucher code: PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU

now if I can get through the fucking checkout

EDIT: And for 20% off everything else on GMG (not already discounted): PLAYF-SURVY-VOUCH

People were setting up 4 packs to buy through the UK store that comes out to $32. You might check for one of those.

dani_dc

I'm enjoying Ys Oath (about to finish it), though I don't regret skipping Ys Origin, the game is fairly repetitive and I don't think I could play a second game so soon without getting bored of it.

Detox

Waiting for Steam support is frustrating they really need to add at least a live chat system. From what I can tell you can't even cancel preorders without waiting for a rep, I bet they don't even work over the weekend :(

MNC

Can someone please answer me this? XD

To play American Nightmare do i need the original Alan Wake game installed?

Hopefuly someone knows.

I don't think so, the game is seperate in my library from Alan Wake itself + you can purchase them seperately. No need for base game.

NBtoaster

Bethesda seems to have removed their "Aussie tax". Skyrim is down to $60 and the New Vegas DLC is down to $8 each (down from 13). Rage is $30 too...

dunno if old news

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bethesda seems to have removed their "Aussie tax". Skyrim is down to $60 and the New Vegas DLC is down to $8 each (down from 13). Rage is $30 too...

dunno if old news

The Aussie Tax on Rage was removed a few days into the Summer Sale, but the others are certainly recent.

Relax.MX

Ok.. i just finished Alice with 12 hr..

The game is not perfect, but I do not understand where all the hate comes, has a great art, a successful combat system, and a decent platform. The story is rare in the begin but it is becoming darker, has a most disturbing conclusions have seen in a videogame. Do not understand how not cause controversy(because of the new Tomb Raider controvery). It's highly recommended. To me his only mistake is that the game was lengthened, a couple of hours less and would have been great.

Great game!

bigace33

I think enough people have posted in this very thread to warrant an official Borderlands 2, 4 pack thread. You could almost forget this is the official Steam thread. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom