• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. i just finished Alice with 12 hr..

The game is not perfect, but I do not understand where all the hate comes, has a great art, a successful combat system, and a decent platform. The story is rare in the begin but it is becoming darker, has a most disturbing conclusions have seen in a videogame. Do not understand how not cause controversy(because of the new Tomb Raider controvery). It's highly recommended. To me his only mistake is that the game was lengthened, a couple of hours less and would have been great.

Great game!
Good to hear. Two hours in now. Seems like I have some way to go. Looking forward to it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I have a Four Pack of a game in my inventory, how do I gift this to four different people? Anyone know?

Gift it to ONE. That one person will get the game plus 3 copies in their inventory to gift away.

edit: I'd take it off your hands if you don't want to have all that trouble.. :p

I just started playing Prince of Persia (2008) and just noticed that the Steam overlay does not appear to work and, most importantly, I can't take screenshots using Steam. I've tried Google'ing to see if there is any solution but I've not found any information concerning it. Does anybody here have any solution?

Also, to the user who just finished Prototype 2 and is installing the first, there is a noticeable graphic downgrade between the first and the second but overall I would definitely say the first is the better game (although it is a bit more repetitive). The combat system has much more depth and although some users found this frustrating (as every single button combination they could come up with was used for the controllers at least) it added a much wider variety of moves to the protagonist's arsenal. In addition the that there is much more of a challenge. Whereas Prototype 2 becomes more or less "un-die-able" in the end with the exception of the final boss, Prototype is much more challenging throughout (although I'd still recommend playing it on Hard mode, it's more difficult than Prototype 2's highest difficulty).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So there's no way I can send it to four different people? I already own the game.

Nope. That's how four packs work. You're not even supposed to have it as a gift (it's a workaround, like explained earlier on this thread).

Gift to any one person, that person will accept the gift and receive a copy of the game on their library, and 3 copies on the gifts section to give away.

derExperte

Is Divinty 2 worth $6? Still have Risen and Morrowind in my backlog, but always willing to add to it.

Two RPGs don't make a solid backlog. I have Witcher 2, Skyrim and Dragon Age 1 on my yet-to-really-play list and just bought Div2. Can't imagine it's not worth the price, the reviews were solid and during the Steam sale people said it's good.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'd jump on the Borderlands 2 pre-ordering mayhem if it wasn't for my lack of funds right now. Dumped around 60 in the wallet a few months back and another 25 a few weeks ago and that was my budget for a bit as bills are tight. Maybe in 2 weeks but I'm not sure if I will find it for around 35. I hope I do.

That or incase I can't do PP, I'd be willing to trade for a copy of Dark Souls once I actually am able to sell something for credit at Gamestop to buy some Steam funds.

On the positive side, my Steam rating is back to 10. It dipped a little once I stopped playing Skyrim as much and lingered in the 5's. Post Steam sale and actually playing some of my older games and am now sitting at 10 with 38 hours played in the last 2 weeks. 10 for Burnout, 8 for ArmA II, 6 for Payday, 3-4 for Trine 2, 3 for Saints Row 3, and something like 2 for a game I can't put my finger on. I guess I could open Steam to check as I'm now on my PC right now.

I guess I can ask since I can't find the Steam trade thread but would anyone be willing to spot me a UK (via 4 pack) of Borderlands 2 in exchange for a copy of Dark Souls in 2 weeks? Well under 2 weeks as after the next weeks bills, I will have enough for a 40 dollar purchase here so if I can get in on one of those 4 packs, I can get you Dark Souls. I think I would be losing in the transaction but it's better than Paying 60 :p

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Oath is the older game. It is a
remake of a previous game Ys: III in the series.
Oath's story works well with the kind of action game genre we have. Not overly complicated, still interesting.

Story wise Origin is a prequel to all previous games.
I had a hard time getting into Origin's story in the 6hrs I've played so far. Apparently it has cameo appearances and connections to Ys I and II. It's still okay for you to play it first though (as is the nature of prequels). Np! :)

With Origin it depends on which character you're using, each character has different motivations and unique occurrences that don't happen with the other characters.

Yunica's story is extremely bland, and I think everyone I've seen comment on it agrees. She's fun to play as for sure, but both of the other characters have more interesting stories. The unlockable character is the one with the canon story(/
real final boss
), and in my opinion it's also the most interesting and he's the most fun character to play as.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
All of a sudden I'm super hyped for darksiders 2. Hopefully gets some really good preorder discount from someone (probably gmg or something).

I've owned the first Darksiders for a long time, but I just can't bring myself to play it. I think the comparisons to God of War turn me off, but I know it's supposedly more like a Zelda game. Maybe I should give it a shot since people seem to be anticipating the sequel.

LQX

I've owned the first Darksiders for a long time, but I just can't bring myself to play it. I think the comparisons to God of War turn me off, but I know it's supposedly more like a Zelda game. Maybe I should give it a shot since people seem to be anticipating the sequel.

Way, way closer to Zelda than God of War. You even get a horse.

Relax.MX

The game is not perfect, but I do not understand where all the hate comes, has a great art, a successful combat system, and a decent platform. The story is rare in the begin but it is becoming darker, has a most disturbing conclusions have seen in a videogame. Do not understand how not cause controversy(because of the new Tomb Raider controvery). It's highly recommended. To me his only mistake is that the game was lengthened, a couple of hours less and would have been great.

Great game!

Now i dont feel that bad after that Gabe rape my wallet i just finished Alice, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Sideway(always play an action/big game, a indie and other)...

Now i just start F.E.A.R.(more than a 1hr) and Trine 2(1 hr with a friend and...looks very good but the gameplay is meh..again)...and i just finish the download of The Last Renmant but i need a little of help before i start working in my backlog..

F.E.A.R.: I already finished the game years ago, but any good mod, or something else to improve the experience? the expansions are good?

The Last Renmant: My gamepad died..any problems to play the game with keyboard?

To start download my next game(i have a 120kb/sec conexion :( )..Alan Wake or Batman AC?

HoosTrax

I tried to get into Darksiders 1 last night, but was foiled by technical issues. First, the game has difficulties detecting a 360 controller when a Logitech G13 (which has it's own joystick) is connected -- I've never had this issue with my G13 + 360 in any other game. Once I got that issue sorted out, the game crashed to desktop a little after the first mini-boss-like encounter.

Awesome.

Anyways, I decided to give up on that for now and ended up playing M&M: Clash of Heroes which Iblis gifted to me last week. Went much better -- the game is very easy to appreciate if you've played Heroes V, despite the different playstyle -- lots of little bits of homage to that game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's annoying how many little bugs are peppered through Kingdoms of Amalur, knowing they'll never be fixed. For example:

Map paths to nowhere and unreachable loot!
reckoning2012-07-28231xugu.jpg

Items that can not be removed from your inventory, which are presumably tied to quests either eventually cut from the game or intended for DLC!

And perpetual tasks!

HoosTrax

It's annoying how many little bugs are peppered through Kingdoms of Amalur, knowing they'll never be fixed. For example:

Some loot icons that show up on your map and are seemingly unreachable are accessed via extremely well hidden paths. You might need Detect Hidden at a high enough level to be able to see where the secret doors are. (not sure if that's the case with the specific one in your image)

JaseC

Some loot icons that show up on your map and are seemingly unreachable are accessed via extremely well hidden paths. You might need Detect Hidden at a high enough level to be able to see where the secret doors are. (not sure if that's the case with the specific one in your image)

Yeah, I'm aware of that (I've found a hidden path here and there throughout the game, and my Detect Hidden skill is maxed). I Google'd a bit and others have said it's unreachable. Not only is some loot seemingly out of place, but I've also encountered chests that don't trigger the action prompt, which means they're unable to be opened.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
More to do with being able to get brand new game on release at sub $40. And its not just GAF. If only publishers would catch on.

To be fair, if 40$ was the normal. You wouldn't get the same effect either. Its that, Half off on day! OMG!!!!!!!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wonder how Gearbox feels about so many people exploiting the deals to get the preorders at almost half price lol. Maybe they don't care -- big preorder numbers look nice on press releases.

I can only think of like one or two cases where I prepurchased a PC game that wasn't given an appealing discount. Why pay $50-60 dollars for a game that will be half price within a month, and usually way less than that just a few months later? A small handful of publishers can be stingy about sales and pricedrops (looking at you, Activision), but most of the time you can pretty much count on it. I think it would be good for both me and the publishers to re-evaluate the way they price their games, but at the same time I think the thrill of getting a good deal is a big part of what drives a lot of people to get in on stuff like the Borderlands 2 4pack.

Nelo Ice

Banned
To be fair, if 40$ was the normal. You wouldn't get the same effect either. Its that, Half off on day! OMG!!!!!!!!

Yeah was slightly tempted just because of that but I'm going to wait for the goty version or cheaper since the only reason I kept jumping on cheap launch deals last year was due to getting back into PC gaming and wanting everything lol.

So I haven't been able to use my computer in about a week, but in case anyone didn't know, EVE Online is now correctly displaying the current expansion name in Steam (Inferno) rather than the year+ old Incarna.

This is incredibly soothing to my compulsive tendencies.

Must have happened recently since it wasn't that way during the sale.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Items that can not be removed from your inventory, which are presumably tied to quests either eventually cut from the game or intended for DLC!

And perpetual tasks!

Yeah any bugs I encountered in my ~80 hours of play were just little stuff. I was surprised at how polished KoA was upon release/is. The perpetual tasks aren't a bug as much as a useless MMO mechanic put into a SP game. Can't wait to get back and play the DLC sometime.

With Origin it depends on which character you're using, each character has different motivations and unique occurrences that don't happen with the other characters.

Yunica's story is extremely bland, and I think everyone I've seen comment on it agrees. She's fun to play as for sure, but both of the other characters have more interesting stories. The unlockable character is the one with the canon story(/
real final boss
), and in my opinion it's also the most interesting and he's the most fun character to play as.
Ohh thanks chaos, you're the man to talk to when it's about Ys haha.

JaseC

Yeah any bugs I encountered in my ~80 hours of play were just little stuff. I was surprised at how polished KoA was upon release/is. The perpetual tasks aren't a bug as much as a useless MMO mechanic put into a SP game. Can't wait to get back and play the DLC sometime.

Some do have a finite resource, though; e.g. there are only ~40 Alfar earrings to collect, but even if you give them all to the bloke, the quest remains.

The bugs are trivial, but I really do hate that so many items stick around in your inventory seeing as it maxes out at 110 slots (120 including the extra backpack in the DLC). Of course, this wouldn't even be an issue, more or less, if potions, like the alchemical ingredients and such, had their own sub-section.

bigace33

I've owned the first Darksiders for a long time, but I just can't bring m
yself to play it. I think the comparisons to God of War turn me off, but I know it's supposedly more like a Zelda game. Maybe I should give it a shot since people seem to be anticipating the sequel.
It's a quality game. Well worth experiencing. its like a more manly version of Zelda. playing as war makes you really feel powerful.

JaseC

Great game!

Not enough people played it for the media to give any attention to the heavily-implied child molestation plot thread.

ShaneB

All of a sudden I'm super hyped for darksiders 2. Hopefully gets some really good preorder discount from someone (probably gmg or something).

Same here. Really pumped for Ds2. Big fan of the first game, and I'll replay it on Steam before getting the second. A blessing of having a big backlog is that these new releases seem to pop out of nowhere. I mean sure Darksiders 2 has been a long time coming, but I've been fairly good at staying away from any news and whatnot, so I'm going in fairly blind.

Just a matter of when I'll pick it up. Same case with Borderlands 2, but I know I can wait for a bit and play some games I actually own now and wait until perhaps the fall when I can put another amount in the Steam wallet. Nice knowing they're Steamworks games too, so deals will always be somewhere. Going to dig through my console games as well and probably sell a bunch of those.

edit: Speaking of games, Psychonauts is really awesome, and man these levels are incredibly varied, I'd say the game is wierd as hell, but it's so refreshing to have such mind bending level design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom