• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I start Crusader Kings 2. Within the first minute of playing William the Conqueror, one of my vassals revolted and declared war on me. I immediately pause the game try to raise an army. I kept clicking on everything. After making no progress, I quit and learned nothing.

Giard

So I start Crusader Kings 2. Within the first minute of playing William the Conqueror, one of my vassals revolted and declared war on me. I immediately pause the game try to raise an army. I kept clicking on everything. After making no progress, I quit and learned nothing.

Are you surprised? :p
Try playing a smaller nation first. They'll have a lot less micromanagament. If you haven't done the tutorial, do it too, it's not the most complete but it'll still help.

Derrick01

Banned

The tutorials will help with that a bit. They're not great but they're better than diving into a game like that knowing nothing. They at least teach you how to raise an army :p

HoosTrax

Daily Deal - Pat & Mat $3.39 (66% off).
Wtf, this is the most awkward game description I've ever seen:
Key features:
World-wide known brand. (Pat and Mat are well known in many countries all over the world. Game doesn’t just “use” the name – it really simulates the popular TV series on your PC.)
The very same Pat and Mat you know from your TV. (3D reconstruction of both puppets. The game looks just like the TV series)
Humor for everyone. (Funny animations, funny situations, funny actions all the time.)
Untypical problem solving. (Creating “the incredible machine” etc.)
Huge amount of “mini-games” and “micro-games”.
Wide audience. It is for children – and their parents. Casual players will like the humor and easy-to-use controls, gamers will enjoy original approaches and non-typical puzzle solving.
"these characters are really famous, you just don't know it! oh and btw, we don't have the license to use their actual names, so we just made characters that look like them"

Wtf, this is the most awkward game description I've ever seen:

"these characters are really famous, you just don't know it! oh and btw, we don't have the license to use their actual names, so we just made characters that look like them"

Those are their actual names. Or am I missing something here?

Lancehead

First time I'm hearing about Pat and Mat.

Wikipedia says they have the license:
On August 1, 2007 a Czech computer development company, Centauri Production, announced on their website that they have secured the rights to Pat and Mat to create a video game of the same name. The game was released in Czech Republic on October 1, 2009. It was released in other EU countries in 2010. The game is available in English and Czech. It is also available for purchase via Steam[5] and Desura[6].

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I watched Pat and Mat when I was younger. I never knew their names (as they don't speak) and I've never seen a title screen for the show. I think it's one of those weird European cartoons in which the name of the characters (and thus, the name of the show) change depending on the region they're aired in.

But I totally watched and loved them when I was younger (and not much younger, I was already in my teens).

They were neighbors and very DIY kinda guys. Always performing tasks in fixing their apartments/cars/appliances, always screwing something up in the process, like paint themselves along with the walls, create holes between the apartments and put a door there instead, fix the car but OOOPS it has no breaks, that kinda thing.

As I understand, the game is some sort of "The Incredible Machine" clone. I won it back in Christmas by crafting some coals, but never redeemed it. It's still sitting in my inventory.

I don't think so, the game is seperate in my library from Alan Wake itself + you can purchase them seperately. No need for base game.
Thanks for clearing that doubt MNc XD
Ok.. i just finished Alice with 12 hr..

The game is not perfect, but I do not understand where all the hate comes, has a great art, a successful combat system, and a decent platform. The story is rare in the begin but it is becoming darker, has a most disturbing conclusions have seen in a videogame. Do not understand how not cause controversy(because of the new Tomb Raider controvery). It's highly recommended. To me his only mistake is that the game was lengthened, a couple of hours less and would have been great.
I don-t think people "hate" the game, it is underapreciated. It's in the same league of quality as
the first one, which is regarded as a cult classic and has a decent following. At 5 dollars its more than worthy of anyone's time.

Playing with Physx (those that can) it's downright amazing in some parts.

Edit: And yes, the themes in regards to child abuse, pedophilia and rape touched up in Alice are way more disturbing and heavy than any of that Tomb Raider BS. The gaming press person that put that article up should be ashamed for being a videogame iliterate.

Sye d'Burns

It could be that he had already raised the armies you were trying to raise when you assumed power.

Read this Let's Play and go through the tutorials. 300 hours in and I can tell you, it's not that large of a hump. If you put a little into learning it, you'll get past it easily.

Detox

It's hard to find a UK host as it seems people who want to help eventually get locked out after 3 purchases, I'm not sure if invidious got locked after his third but he is locked out now and ngt seems to have run a couple of packs not sure if he can continue to do so.

gdt

I can't play Amnesia for too long....the constant tension is sooooooooooooooo uncomfortable.

Exploring the northern prison so I guess I'm half way through :/.

iNvid02

It's hard to find a UK host as it seems people who want to help eventually get locked out after 3 purchases, I'm not sure if invidious got locked after his third but he is locked out now and ngt seems to have run a couple of packs not sure if he can continue to do so.

yeah #3 triggered a lock, still waiting for steam support to reply, dont even know if they will fix it - a copy/paste reply might be all i get

if it gets resolved by 30th, i'll help the guys out who already paid and are waiting (blackmamba, iron badger and jokigbird) - and then i'll come back here

neoism

Guys need help I need to back up my shit about 300gb of stuff including all my steam games. I was wonder what is the best external 1TB or more HDD Is it safe to play games from an external drive?

iNvid02

Guys need help I need to back up my shit about 300gb of stuff including all my steam games. I was wonder what is the best external 1TB or more HDD Is it safe to play games from an external drive?

much better to just buy a 1TB internal drive, installation is easy (connect 2 cables) and it will be better than an external drive

Is the drive you want something you are going to carry around or is it simply for back up purposes?

Bentendo

both mini AND micro games

what the hell is a micro game?

wario-ware-mega-microgames-1.jpg

mackattk

You could play games from an external hard drive, but I wouldn't recommend it. Internals have much higher bandwidth than externals. I only use externals for backups or for media (movies, mp3's, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom