• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancehead

I am finally starting Vampire the Masquerade. I've had it installed for like six months. The main theme song for the game is great, I even paused the game just to listen to it for a bit.

Tell me about it! I also like going to the clubs in each of the hubs just for the music.

Gvaz

Banned
Here's one main reason why new vegas owns:

You can walk five minutes in any direction and find something neat/cool/interesting/awesome.

Fallout 3 it's all boring until you get to quest hubs.

You can walk five minutes in any direction and find something neat/cool/interesting/awesome.

I also found this to be the case for me. The downtown DC area really annoyed me.

bigace33

You are seriously mistaken. You can run across all kinds of crazy stuff in FO3. I was just strolling cross the country side and came across Bandits apparently initiating another bandit. They had him stripped down to his underwear and was hazing him. Needless to say I intervened and killed every last one of them with grenades. Another time I saw a Dark klaw kill an entire campment of super mutants. By the time he finished with them it was like 2 of them left and both had a sliver of life, needless to say I finished them off after watching the fight. There are so many random things going on in the game, I don't know what game you were playing.

Gvaz

Banned
You are seriously mistaken. You can run across all kinds of crazy stuff in FO3. I was just strolling cross the country side and came across Bandits apparently initiating another bandit. They had him stripped down to his underwear and was hazing him. Needless to say I intervened and killed every last one of them with grenades. Another time I saw a Dark klaw kill an entire campment of super mutants. By the time he finished with them it was like 2 of them left and both had a sliver of life, needless to say I finished them off after watching the fight. There are so many random things going on in the game, I don't know what game you were playing.
Having started playing fallout 3 for "real" this time with mods, there's a lot of open space with not a lot interesting in it, unlike new vegas (which drew me in a lot more)

Taffer

You are right but I always feel the need to moan about invisible walls and unjumpable hills in NV.
So, them walls and hills, eh?

1-D_FTW

I just wandered aimlessly in FO3 for a bit and thought there was a bunch of really cool stuff that I was never tasked to engage. Maybe it's just that I enjoy more deliberate pacing, but I liked this scope. It wasn't just a constant bombardment of one thing on top of another. I also didn't feel like it was baron. It felt just right. Wander a bit... spot something cool. Kept up the element of surprise and made you appreciative upon stumbling on something in the wastelands.

Gvaz

Banned
You are right but I always feel the need to moan about invisible walls and unjumpable hills in NV.
So, them walls and hills, eh?
I think i had one or two come up and I immediately hit ~ then TCL because fuck that noise

not a big deal for pc gamers

Steam sale aftermath... Dungeon Siege III is actually, well, really fun. It ain't the Mona Lisa by any means but I'm liking it quite a bit. This thing really did not deserve the terrible reputation it got. Using the 360 gamepad because k/b mouse controls kinda blow, and had to fix an SLI issue but once those hurdles were jumped it's been a blast. Of course those shouldn't be hurdles, but yeah...

Katoki

Steam sale aftermath... Dungeon Siege III is actually, well, really fun. It ain't the Mona Lisa by any means but I'm liking it quite a bit. This thing really did not deserve the terrible reputation it got. Using the 360 gamepad because k/b mouse controls kinda blow, and had to fix an SLI issue but once those hurdles were jumped it's been a blast. Of course those shouldn't be hurdles, but yeah...

It's mostly because it becomes been there done that if you absolutely need to play every single class and something about the multiplayer/local co-op or something on the consoles. Going back to playing every class, It'll be nice but I'm going to assume after a while you'll be going "No, not that interested anymore".

But for one or two full play-throughs, the value is definitely there at the sale price.

derFeef

Liked that game very much, fun ride from beginning to the end.

Koroviev

One time I was bored in FO3 and decided to take on an enclave of supermutants. There were a lot of supermutants (._. )

HoosTrax

One time I was bored in FO3 and decided to take on an enclave of supermutants. There were a lot of supermutants (._. )
When I got bored in FO3, I decided to go around the world trying to figure out where my house is (I live inside the DC Beltway). The game designers had put one of the fictional (and incorrectly located) Metro stations on top of it -_-

This game keeps coming back to tempt me. Are people still in love with it or has some of the shine warn off post-sale?

I really really enjoyed it. $10 is great for it, in my opinion at least.

If you've played a lot of 3rd person shooters recently and are looking for something else, it's not for you. If you want a goofy (for the most part) and fun game with a decent story and strange dating sim mechanics on top of it, go for it.

AMD owners get horrible slowdown whenever there's shooting, so it's one for the green team.

Hmm, I have amd and never ran into this... or at least that I noticed.

Koroviev

AMD owners get horrible slowdown whenever there's shooting, so it's one for the green team.

I have an Nvidia card, but I don't have a quad core. I wasn't fond of the demo, which also wouldn't play nice with MotionJoy. However, everyone says to ignore impressions based on the demo.

HoosTrax

Could someone link a Youtube video that'll sell me on Binary Domain? I've had it recommended over and over, but it just looked like a Gears clone.
The description has always sounded more like Mass Effect 2 to me, as far as the squadmate "trust" aspect and ME2's loyalty system.

Katoki

No one has any opinion about King's Bounty?

My last HoMM game was the second one and I came in enjoying KB very much. I can't speak for the rest of the stuff in the Platinum Pack as I picked up KB from the Indie Gala bundle.

I personally enjoyed having just one hero to control a bunch of units as that's more or less what I did in HoMM2 to a lesser extent. Also, you do have a pet that get's to aid you in battle outside of your unit's movements as long as it's one of your unit's turns.

It's mostly one hero many units, RPG elements where you have a skill tree for bonuses and quests to pick up and do, and the open area where you run around on your horse collecting bonuses and gold and what not from the odd tree stash or shrine or NPC.

Edit: The demo did a really poor job for first impressions for me with the overall game feel since I already knew how the combat with these work. They you fly on your horse and that didn't make any sense at the time. Now that I've played it some, it makes total sense and is very welcome when I get it whenever that is.

Lothars

Having started playing fallout 3 for "real" this time with mods, there's a lot of open space with not a lot interesting in it, unlike new vegas (which drew me in a lot more)
I think your really over estimating new vegas because new vegas world including the random stuff is leagues worst than Fallout 3, New Vegas is good in some things but Fallout 3 had a way better world and random stuff.

No one has any opinion about King's Bounty?

Buy it. It is an amazing game and will last you hundreds of hours.

It is tough, beautiful, and has amazing 2D art (interface is gorgeous). The music is excellent though I remember there not being much of it.

I really recommend it for $5.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Kings Bounty is godlike, had to uninstall it because I was losing too many hours to it >_<

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone else suffering post sale depression? I pretty much have nothing to look forward to in my days now...

I'm suffering from games depression. It's been 2 1/2 months since I last played a big release and even longer since I played something new that was good and there's still 2 weeks to go until sleeping dogs/darksiders 2. 2012 sucks and summer sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom