• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
Sitting here debating grabbing a 4-pack of Wanderlust. With everything else I have to play, is it worth grabbing now or should I wait for a bigger sale later?

The fact that I think my g/f would enjoy playing it with me makes it more appealing though.

Unfortunately the internet isn't giving me much for reviews.

I'm actually playing a mission in Prototype where a time limit, of sorts, would actually be appropriate given the content of the mission and there isn't one. The military has placed these devices that disperses a cure for the Blacklight virus, which the games protagonist is made up of, into the air. There could actually be a meter of sorts representing how toxic the air is to Mercer and a point of no-return. Destroying each unit would lower the toxicity meter and stave off that point of no-return buuuuuuuuut instead I'm free to take my time, because there's no limit whatsoever, I can drop off down into the streets to replenish my health consuming infected and military units alike whenever I feel like it and pick off these devices at my leisure.

Toki767

Sitting here debating grabbing a 4-pack of Wanderlust. With everything else I have to play, is it worth grabbing now or should I wait for a bigger sale later?

The fact that I think my g/f would enjoy playing it with me makes it more appealing though.

Unfortunately the internet isn't giving me much for reviews.

Seems like it could use a patch or two to work out all the kinks from Xelios' quick impressions of it. I'd wait for the Winter sale.

Smash88

Banned
if you are going to play those games immediately, GMG really has some of the best preorder deals.

i kinda regret jumping on them so early (with all the credits).. only to see them go on sale now.. and still haven't touch those games

I usually don't buy games Day 1, unless I play with friends. Where I know I'll get my moneys worth. But $35 Day 0, is pretty ridiculous in itself, co-op or not. I'm strapped for cash after that, but I know this will save me money in the long run.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Seems like it [Wanderlust: Rebirth] could use a patch or two to work out all the kinks from Xelios' quick impressions of it. I'd wait for the Winter sale.

This is from "Designer and Coder for Team Wanderlust" over at Desura. Does it mean anything? I don't know, but I thought the complete change in attitude in under 24 hours was interesting. It's still in the top sellers, so here's hoping they really are profiting enough to be true to their (his) word and put some more work into it.

BQBAF.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm still surprised no indie game attempted to try something what the WarioWare team did - that is, make a minigame collection style of gameplay like WarioWare or Rhythm Heaven.

Taffer

Just noticed MDK2 HD in the store, a key feature:

Tweaked gameplay - now Easy really is Easy, while Hard is BONE CRUSHING!

As long as I don't have to play as the fish, bring it on.
I will have to play as the fish

Beat Prototype, uninstalling it, don't think I'll ever play it again. Prototype 2 I'll probably replay in a New Game+, I think that's all I'll ever say about the series for a good long while.

Next up from the Steam backlog, think I'll finish Binary Domain (almost done it now), or maybe Sniper Elite V2.

Gowans

Theres you're problem, thats like $14.10 USD or $13.48 Australian dollars. I can pay 11.25USD or 10.70 Australian from a 2 pack with a US/AU gaffer. Heck even buying it solo is cheaper at $13.50USD.

yeah ngt helped me get it for £6.

I got the Sega Collection 5 and was kind of bummed to find out that the games are all in one thing instead of individually icon'd... I love the Sega icons/art :(

gdt

Just throw up a quick OT for the game. Boxart, release date, some info from the steam page, and boom. We don't need a 35 page OP.

ShaneB

Journey through the backlog continues with another wall of shame game. Figured it's about time I finally play Bioshock.

Been liking it so far and it's great fun and Rapture is simply an amazing setting from what I am seeing, but I'm stumbling about a bit and it's probably seeming a lot harder than it is. Which brings me up to my first issue, and that's the vats chambers, which makes any sort of death penalty seem fairly irrelevant. Die, respawn, run back to spot, kick some ass. Second issue is a bit more nitpicky, but in an action game like this, I hate when story dialogue/audio logs is spoken over gameplay and I miss things during all the chaos. I did however immediately turn off the quest arrow, that thing was just annoying.

Fireblend

Banned
Finishing L.A. Noire is starting to feel like a chore and I just started yesterday xD I'm at the first Vice desk case, is it worth continuing? I think I have 8-10 cases left.

Finishing L.A. Noire is starting to feel like a chore and I just started yesterday xD I'm at the first Vice desk case, is it worth continuing? I think I have 8-10 cases left.

Lol, this is exactly how I felt. I finished it only for the sake of finishing it. If you're hoping for it to get better or the game to improve you will be in for disappointment. It's the same thing over and over and over...

iNvid02

going back and forth with origin support via regular email post, and their average response time is 10 minutes

still waiting for an update from steam which i started 4 days ago

terrible

Fireblend

Banned
Lol, this is exactly how I felt. I finished it only for the sake of finishing it. If you're hoping for it to get better or the game to improve you will be in for disappointment. It's the same thing over and over and over...

=/ I do want to finish my backlog though, so I'll give it another chance and maybe I can get into it again. After this there's Deus Ex: HR, Dead Space and Borderlands waiting for me :p

Detox

going back and forth with origin support via regular email post, and their average response time is 10 minutes

terrible
Same, I think our accounts have been flagged to be opened as soon as the 10% discount is over. Per employee profits higher than google if you don't hire any support staff.

iNvid02

Hey not everyone can outsource their entire CS department to India.

yeah well im having a nice experience with Shresth, he is being very helpful. TechSupport Rudy is AWOL

even if valve dont want to outsource, they definitely need more people working support and should offer a live chat system.

no excuse for it, especially considering how successfull and profitable they are

HoosTrax

Heads up: Gamersgate has begun their Summer Sale. Seems to be themed weeks, so in addition to the traditional daily deals it's likely they're going to wipe the board on Sunday. Nothing on the Steam activatable front in today's daily deals, although Titan Quest Gold for two quid is a good general-purpose shout.
Nothing too attractive that I don't have already. Looking those over did remind me that I've been casually interested in Drakensang and was considering getting it if it ever showed up as a Daily Deal or something, though. I do have my concerns about eurojank in that game though, similar to Gothic and Divinity 2.

gdt

Speaking of OT's someone should really make a Dark Souls PC OT, just so we can document the rage of lost saves.

I brought it up earlier, as far as I can see no one has claimed it.

I'd do it, but I think GAF would be disappointed. I hate bloated OTs, I would just put a few things together...

It would be the opposite of the abomination that was the AC:R thread.

Nabs

terrible

I thought you sent Steam a message on Friday? They don't work weekends.

Sarcasm

I installed a mod that let me do it. It adds a little bird at your camp you can talk to. Not sure if there's a better way now.

Know the name of the mod? Does it disable cheevos?

Heads up: Gamersgate has begun their Summer Sale. Seems to be themed weeks, so in addition to the traditional daily deals it's likely they're going to wipe the board on Sunday. Nothing on the Steam activatable front in today's daily deals, although Titan Quest Gold for two quid is a good general-purpose shout.

Too bad they IP block my location, even tried a proxy..unless I am doing it wrong. **Wait thats GMG nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom