• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

I remember a while ago someone posted some good mods for Just Cause 2. I think it was some black market stuff or something. I'm sure I'll get a different list but what are some good mods for the game.

Looks beautiful on the PC.

I wish I could view features such as "Controller support" "Co-op" and such on the Details page of the games, instead of jumping to the store.

A friend of mine asked me for a list of all the games I have that feature online co-op so we could play, and it was frustrating hoping back and forth to the store page of each game.

Koroviev

I remember a while ago someone posted some good mods for Just Cause 2. I think it was some black market stuff or something. I'm sure I'll get a different list but what are some good mods for the game.

Looks beautiful on the PC.

It's probably the mod to remove the black market cutscenes.

Speevy

Banned
It would probably be shorter to list the games that don't. At least applying to games made in the last 5 or 6 years anyway.

Eh...games that have more functions than an Xbox 360/PS3 controller can accommodate won't have default controller support. RPG, strategy, simulation.

And I'm not saying they should.

Eh...games that have more functions than an Xbox 360/PS3 controller can accommodate won't have default controller support. RPG, strategy, simulation.

And I'm not saying they should.

The list basically boils down to any RTSes, turn based strategy games, grand strategies, Japanese indie games, Shatter and old (as in pre-2005) games.

HoosTrax

http://justcause2mods.com/

This is the site everyone uses for Just Cause 2 mods. Mainly the skip cutscenes and the HD Clouds.
I wish I could get even the vanilla game to run stably. At one point, the game crashed to desktop roughly every 5 minutes, consistently (I never got more than 10 minutes out of one play session).

I ended up flashing the BIOS on my ASUS GTX570 with a new one from ASUS that improves stability in DX10/11 (by upping the voltage). That dramatically improved things to the point where I crash maybe once every half hour to an hour and also improved my DX11 stability in DX:HR. Still, crashing at least once an hour is not ideal. And there was one section during DX:HR, in the pod-hotel, where I simply couldn't get past the point without downgrading to DX9 temporarily.

Not sure if AMD and non-ASUS Nvidia 5-series cards also have these issues.

The list basically boils down to any RTSes, turn based strategy games, grand strategies, Japanese indie games, Shatter and old (as in pre-2005) games.
I should point out that while Ys and Recettear don't provide perfect 360 support out of the box, with a few minutes spent configuring things, you can get it working.

I almost forgot -- flash games like Binding of Isaac don't support the 360 controller in a normal fashion either, so you need to use JoyToKey or something similar.

Anyone knows some kind of programm, that lets me save my whole savegames from all the Steamgames somewhere or uploads them into some kind of cloud?

Thanks~

Rapstah

Anyone knows some kind of programm, that lets me save my whole savegames from all the Steamgames somewhere or uploads them into some kind of cloud?

Thanks~

There's no standard, sadly. All games are allowed to save their saves however they want.

EDIT: So basically any solution you find would be independent of Steam for all intents and purposes.

HoosTrax

Well, it looks like Mad Catz's first game will be called Damage Inc and it looks to be Steamworks:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215390/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

Published by Mad Catz and developed by Trickstar Games (latest Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters).
I don't trust the game development efforts made by companies that specialize in other things (we tend to end up with games like Aquanox and Shattered Horizons).

Still, at least this game should be less terrible from a hardcore simmer perspective, compared to MS Flight. At least a joystick should be of some use, since I assume Mad Catz is interested mostly in driving up sales of their Saitek flight sticks. If it turns out as decent as say, Wings of Prey, I'd give it a go. Better have cockpit view though -- I'm sort of concerned because I don't see any in those screenshots.

Gvaz

Banned
I was like, what the fuck is this Wanderlust Rebirth thing, and I realized that I already had this through Gamersgate. Holy shit NOT interested in this shit, I can't believe this is selling like hotcakes on steam when I thought it was a piece of shit and I essentially got this for free.

HoosTrax

Hmm, I just got an announcement via the in-game news ticker in Just Cause 2 promoting Sleeping Dogs. Surprised that publishers haven't gone wild with this sort of thing yet (like having giant billboards in SR3 promoting Darksiders for example).

That is definitely on the soundtrack. I play it all the time in Audiosurf! Hooha.

What's it called? I quickly went through it and couldn't find it.

Edit: Ah, I see. It's only about a minute of the song and I just skipped ahead to the middle of each looking for it. Still, would prefer it to be more of its own song like that YouTube link makes it out to be.

What's it called? I quickly went through it and couldn't find it.

Edit: Ah, I see. It's only about a minute of the song and I just skipped ahead to the middle of each looking for it. Still, would prefer it to be more of its own song like that YouTube link makes it out to be.

'Aurora' in case anyone else is curious.

kafiend

I was like, what the fuck is this Wanderlust Rebirth thing, and I realized that I already had this through Gamersgate. Holy shit NOT interested in this shit, I can't believe this is selling like hotcakes on steam when I thought it was a piece of shit and I essentially got this for free.

I like it, though it had slipped through the cracks of far too many games and not enough time recently. I even played a little on line and had fun which is unusual for me as I'm pretty anti-social when it comes to gaming.

I also got it through Gamersgate via the Indie Fort bundle they ran a while back. I cheekily emailed the devs and asked for a Desura key which they quickly and courteously provided by gifting it to me on Desura. Nice guys.

I just finished The Force Unleashed 2 that I got on the Summer Sale.

What a short, bad, horrible game.

I paid $5 dollars though so its ok :p

It sucks though. Seriously.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Haha, that's my style, too. I have 111 hours on Skyrim and I still haven't done any guild quests and only played the story up to
when you see the dragon summon the other one and fly off.

I'm around 80 hours into Skyrim and reached the fourth story mission before venturing off into the big, wide world. The only dragon I've seen in the game is the one at the beginning, which is funny now that I think about it, since the inclusion of dragons was one of the main draws of the game for me.

Katoki

I'm around 80 hours into Skyrim and reached the fourth story mission before venturing off into the big, wide world. The only dragon I've seen in the game is the one at the beginning, which is funny now that I think about it, since the inclusion of dragons was one of the main draws of the game for me.

Need to do more of the main story? After a while they just keep showing up randomly for me. However at this point, I'm not even bothering with the main story since I more or less have an idea of many places to go find a dragon guarding a stone if I really wanted to kill one.

JaseC

Need to do more of the main story? After a while they just keep showing up randomly for me. However at this point, I'm not even bothering with the main story since I more or less have an idea of many places to go find a dragon guarding a stone if I really wanted to kill one.

Yeah, I know. The story mission I've reached is the one that sets off the random encounters with dragons, but I figured I'll get to it once I've seen what the world has to offer. Hasn't happened just yet!

Speevy

Banned
Hey dudes, I got that AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa coupon, but I already have the other AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAa game.

PM me if you want 50% off that game.

HoosTrax

No dragons will spawn as random encounters until you complete a certain main storyline quest in Whiterun (involving a second dragon)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... this Wanderlust goes a bit beyond simply being inspired by A Link to the Past, doesn't it? I swear some of these tile sets are straight up lifted.

lol, it's not that bad...

Yes it is. I clearly and in detail explain the problem I'm having (this was during the summer sale) and I JUST get a response back tonight after the summer sale ending weeks ago and all it states is for me to check my network settings when I was having problems with their client. It was just a shitty copy and paste of durr check your network settings. Now I just had to send a third response explaining it yet again and if they actually read what I wrote. This has happened every time I've had to contact them. Their CS is terrible, not sure what the "lol" is about, it always has been.

JaseC

Yes it is. I clearly and in detail explain the problem I'm having (this was during the summer sale) and I JUST get a response back tonight after the summer sale ending weeks ago and all it states is for me to check my network settings when I was having problems with their client. It was just a shitty copy and paste of durr check your network settings. Now I just had to send a third response explaining it yet again and if they actually read what I wrote. This has happened every time I've had to contact them. Their CS is terrible, not sure what the "lol" is about, it always has been.

It ended last Monday.

Derrick01

Banned
I dont know about that (and I hope not). Theyve said the structure is pretty much the same.

I expect a similar but bigger game with an improved combat system, better feedback with numbers popping up for damage, and loot.

The core of the game will probably remain the same, if you HATE Darksiders 1 there's a big chance you'll hate this one too from what ive seen so far.

then again if you HATE Darksiders then there's something wrong with you tho

It feels like a huge change to me. Like you said the core ideas and objectives will be there but there's a whole huge loot system now, skill trees, NPCs and side quests, merchants and combat I think will be much different (and better) due to Death's increased speed. Not to mention how massive it is, it's rare to see a sequel with this much change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom