• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Perhaps a tad bit slow, but Steam's customer service has always treated me right. Guess Gabe just loves me!

Derrick01

Banned
I think I solved my siege problems in Shogun 2. Get 6 massive fuckin catapults and bombard the hell out of their settlement. By the time I run out of ammo on all of them the walls and units are usually devastated enough for me to pick them off with my bow cavalry and then send some melee in to clean up.

One thing that was awesome was this one section of the wall was hit enough times that it collapsed and it took the enemy's bow unit that was hiding behind it down with them. Dozens of dudes were screaming and falling down into the fiery pit. It was awesome.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
After 136 hours, I've finally completed the main campaign of Kingdoms of Amalur.

I like RPGs and I thought the demo was decent enough, but I have a hefty backlog of fantasy RPGs. What price point would you recommend picking it up at?

Also, did you play the DLCs?

Katoki

I like RPGs and I thought the demo was decent enough, but I have a hefty backlog of fantasy RPGs. What price point would you recommend picking it up at?

I'm not them but..

Realistically, I would grab it for under $20 if it's still around at that point. Ideally I would say $10 or less. If it's not still around later on, I figure that it wasn't meant to be (Since I sold my PS3 so I ended up trading PS3 copy for store credit).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Urggghh, can't wait for Book of Unwritten Tales. I will be buying and playing that sucker day one. Going to sleep so it'll be unlocked when I wake up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

~$20-30, depending on how much you intend to do. I paid full price back when it launched and have got more than my money's worth, but I understand that not everybody wants to spend many, many hours away from the main quest line, completing every little side mission. Plus, the game is over 5 months old.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the game may now be EOL (at least at retail), so you may luck out and be able to pick it up on the cheap.

Not yet, which is why I made sure to mention "main campaign". I'll get to the DLC later, which seems to be quite good.

Yes it is. No Mercy heist can really get to you when you're trying to do everything right.

Thirded! I've only played the first map too, it;s the first game in ages whereby I feel I need to nail my skills at one map before moving on. I need to try out the new Left 4 Dead cross over map too.

JaseC

Green Man Gaming said:
Items bought
Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition ... $36.00
Payment type:
Original Credit value: $0.00
Total $36.00

Pity I wasn't able to jump on it at 25% off, but the difference is only a few bucks. In other news, I also bought Spec Ops earlier today.

JaseC

JaseC living on stale bread, rainwater and sleeping (?) under his PC desk, confirmed. :p

I thought I'd follow Tony Wonder's lead and live in a giant sandwich, so I'd have more money to spend on Steam.

nRnej.png

1-D_FTW

Yes it is. I clearly and in detail explain the problem I'm having (this was during the summer sale) and I JUST get a response back tonight after the summer sale ending weeks ago and all it states is for me to check my network settings when I was having problems with their client. It was just a shitty copy and paste of durr check your network settings. Now I just had to send a third response explaining it yet again and if they actually read what I wrote. This has happened every time I've had to contact them. Their CS is terrible, not sure what the "lol" is about, it always has been.

Yes. This is what indefensible about their support. I could handle the slowness if the replies were quality. But all you normally do is wait 3 days for some shitty form response that doesn't even come close to answering the question. If you're going to have a small support staff, hire quality people who have reading comprehension skills. That they have not only a really small staff, but an incompetent one is what's the kicker.

Why are GFWL downloads so slow? I want to download the Harley Quinn dlc and play Batman but it's taking forever, wish it could just be downloaded through steam, would have been so much quicker

JaseC

I forgot to post my little anecdote: Today at Uni, I bumped into a mate who's never really been one for PC gaming, but while we were talking he asked if I use Steam. As it so happens, he made an account so he could get in on the Summer Sale and, by the end, had wisely spent $70~$80 (Half-Life 2 Saga, Portal and Portal 2, The Witcher and The Witcher 2, The Walking Dead, etc.).

Why are GFWL downloads so slow? I want to download the Harley Quinn dlc and play Batman but it's taking forever, wish it could just be downloaded through steam, would have been so much quicker

I had to leave Minerva's Den downloading overnight, and it's only ~2GB.

Tukker

Can you see the actual speed somewhere? I have the feeling that the Harley Quinn dlc is actually quite alot bigger than what it states on the status window

Can you see the actual speed somewhere? I have the feeling that the Harley Quinn dlc is actually quite alot bigger than what it states on the status window

Can't see anywhere that shows the download speed but there could be an option somewhere, it's been stuck at 1.13 GB for a while now.

In the mean time I've downloaded 9.5 GB of the Witcher from Steam in just half an hour even though my wifi signal is fairly weak where I'm sitting right now

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Is https://store.steampowered.com/account/ not loading for anyone else? Rest of the store is fine, but when I try to check my transaction/license history it's a blank page in both the Steam client and web browser.

I checked the forums to see if it was a known issue but couldn't find anything. (Not that I really know where to look, being unfamiliar with the Steam forums...)

edit: ...Are you shitting me? I've been having this problem for the past two days and the moment I ask for a sanity check it loads. Well, disregard this post edit edit: I guess it's an intermittent problem. :|

JaseC

Is https://store.steampowered.com/account/ not loading for anyone else? Rest of the store is fine, but when I try to check my transaction/license history it's a blank page in both the Steam client and web browser.

I checked the forums to see if it was a known issue but couldn't find anything. (Not that I really know where to look, being unfamiliar with the Steam forums...)

Yeah, the page is buggered. Here's the source code:

Code:
<html><head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"></head><body></body></html>

What the fuck is wrong with the TF2-Community?

I just gave some, supposedly nice guy I played on a server with, two items that werent even rare for free, since I thought he was nice.
After the trade was finished, he immediately went offline without even saying thanks...

Fuck you, [Alpha] [GL] DEstr0!

dcrJ3.png

bigace33

I just gave some, supposedly nice guy I played on a server with, two items that werent even rare for free, since I thought he was nice.
After the trade was finished, he immediately went offline without even saying thanks...

lol speaking of TF2, I have 2 locked crates and they say I need a manco key to open them. I was wondering will I ever find a key in game, or will I have to purchase them? I've been finding quite a bit of stuff since I started playing (only 10 hours in) and have some pretty cool custom stuff on my character. I want to unlock those crates but I don't want to buy a key if I don't have to. I'll be patient if I can just stumble across one in game.

lol speaking of TF2, I have 2 locked crates and they say I need a manco key to open them. I was wondering will I ever find a key in game, or will I have to purchase them? I've been finding quite a bit of stuff since I started playing (only 10 hours in) and have some pretty cool custom stuff on my character. I want to unlock those crates but I don't want to buy a key if I don't have to. I'll be patient if I can just stumble across one in game.

You can only buy the keys in the shop or get it through some "Event". Like last year I got some winter-keys that could open normal crates and wintercrates.

This guy already deleted me from the list. Ah. Im kinda mad right now. Anyone nice here on GAF wants some duplicates I have? At least there I know the people here are thankful...

MRORANGE

[im]http://i.imgur.com/dcrJ3.png[/img]

No surprise, the TF2 community is like that, mostly likely he just spams messages on the server trying to get free items.

I try and get them kicked for idling as there real no benefit to the team.

No surprise, the TF2 community is like that, mostly likely he just spams messages on the server trying to get free items.

I try and get them kicked for idling as there real no benefit to the team.

But even then...

Is it too much too ask that he write "thx, bro" or something along the lines? Totally not thankful at all...

bigace33

You can only buy the keys in the shop or get it through some "Event". Like last year I got some winter-keys that could open normal crates and wintercrates.

This guy already deleted me from the list. Ah. Im kinda mad right now. Anyone nice here on GAF wants some duplicates I have? At least there I know the people here are thankful...

Bro, I'm about as nice as the average guy, but if you have some trincets to spare I'd take one or two off your hands. B^)

HoosTrax

Anyone who randomly friends you like that in TF2 is just looking to make a profit. Some are just more articulate / able to feign friendliness better than others. They have backpack viewers and like to target people who have low playtime but high value items.

Anyways, I'm sure you can find genuinely friendly people to play with (I think GAF has a TF2 community).

The first time I unboxed an unusual, you wouldn't believe the number of randoms who tried to friend me on Steam Community (again, backpack viewers make your backpack and unbox info public knowledge). Interestingly, the random invites dropped way off after my second and third unusual unboxes (I have good luck in TF2). I guess people realized I won't cough up my unusuals easily, especially to scammers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom