• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace33

I just want a sale on Lone Survivor! SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCEEEEEEE!

Man I wish I could give away my copy. I'm not feeling that game at all. Maybe because I hate using the kb/m for controls. The concept is dope but I'd like to play with a controller.

Nabs

Indie Bundle VI is the only bundle I don't have something from and I really want SpaceChem. Anything else in that bundle worth it?

You should have grabbed it when it was on sale a week ago. If you're not interested in the other games, you should probably wait it out.

Man I wish I could give away my copy. I'm not feeling that game at all. Maybe because I hate using the kb/m for controls. The concept is dope but I'd like to play with a controller.

Joy2Key or Xpadder.

Fireblend

Banned

Have you tried using XPadder or some other controller-to-keyboard mapping solution?

Edit: beaten

You should have grabbed it when it was on sale a week ago. I wouldn't recommend that bundle.

I know I screwed up! I played the demo after the sale was over and really liked it. Oh well. I'll just wait for another sale. Thanks!

Just Transformers for me then

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42650/

spotlight_image_english.png

Waited the whole summer sale for this...

MDSLKTR

Sigh... indie bundle IV is in the cart. And all I wanted was superbrothers to be a daily during the summer deals but after reading a bit into a valley without wind I couldn't pass it up.

FYI
For those of us that don't read, Indie Bundle II does not contain Oil Rush, it has Lunar Flight in its place.
The only bundle I regret not getting :(

Sober

Anyone give any recommendations for War for Cybertron? Big TF fan, but never got to this one yet.
Answered your question right there. Definitely worth it for TF fans, either way it's still a pretty damn competent TPS at the very least. I was never a big TF fan or a huge nerd for G1 TF especially but I thought it was still great.

Problems though: 30fps lock (get that unlocker, obviously) and you can't really rebind your controls. I think you might be able to edit some ini files, but they aren't bad. That or get a pad.

yogloo

So bummed that I missed the sale on it by a few seconds. I had it in my cart and was ready to checkout, but Steam was lagging. :(
You should get it next time it is on sale. It is on sale a lot, isn't it? I haven't had this much fun with a driving game for so long.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...Sure feels like an unusually high number of repeats between summer sale featured deals and just-after summer sale daily/midweek deals. I'm too lazy to go count things up though.

Does anyone remember the difference of prices between the two QC versions during the sales? I believe both had a 50% discount, which means you could get the soundtrack plus two DLCs for 2,50€, less than the price of this DLC alone.
QC was only 40% off, though I think what you're saying still stands.

Petrie

Banned
Slim chance, but anyone have a spare copy of Darksiders knocking around I could exchange a game or paypal for?

How is the PC version of Darksiders GAF? I've had the disk from Gamefly for 360 for a bit but haven't been bothered to put it in. If I could just grab it on PC for $5 and have the same or better experience eventually and send it back, that'd be just swell.

How is the PC version of Darksiders GAF? I've had the disk from Gamefly for 360 for a bit but haven't been bothered to put it in. If I could just grab it on PC for $5 and have the same or better experience eventually and send it back, that'd be just swell.

The port is fine, but there are no option besides v-sync and resolution. Somebody probably has the FXAA injector, but I seem to have lost it.

Answered your question right there. Definitely worth it for TF fans, either way it's still a pretty damn competent TPS at the very least. I was never a big TF fan or a huge nerd for G1 TF especially but I thought it was still great.

Problems though: 30fps lock (get that unlocker, obviously) and you can't really rebind your controls. I think you might be able to edit some ini files, but they aren't bad. That or get a pad.

Thanks. Just watched a review...seems like something i need! Have to see if I have the funds after the summer sale really tapped things out.

Volcynika

How's the Xbox 360 controller support in Transformers? Won't play it with mouse and keyboard and it doesn't mention it one the store page.

I played it with my 360 controller. I doooooooon't think it changed the prompts though, so I had to guess the button to push. Didn't look at options to see if that could be changed though. D:

Someone else should chime in, it's been a while since I last played it, memory might be hazy.

MRORANGE

I guess Rickenslacker wins lol, add me on Steam to get your game, (Steam ID in profile)

Prize give-away:

header_292x136.jpg

How to win:

First person to show their account with this achievement in HL2:EP2

ep2_put_iteminrocket.jpg

Little Rocket Man
Send the garden gnome into space

(achievement unlock date must not be in the past, from this day on, also take a screenshot with Steam and upload it to your profile)
I already long had the achievement, but I needed any excuse to finish another playthrough and made a picture diary along the way. It felt good to play a Half-Life again. Anyhoo Steam's being dumb and not letting me upload the screenshots so here's an imgur album.
Tell you what, if no one gets the achievement within a week it's all yours.

(the week is for any new players that can do it following to the previous rules listed)

eyeless

Steam keys for Hammerfight and Alien Breed Impact for who wants them. Quote to see. Leftovers from the Build A Bundle 2.

got hammerfight, thanks.

anyone know why qube just downloaded a 1 gb update? the base game was only a gb as it is. like it downloaded the whole game again.

No worries, fella. With all the help I've had in the past, just thought I'd try and return the favour. Any other Aus members needing help to get the game, feel free to message me.

Deadstar

Anyone know how to get Diablo III to use the steam overlay? It doesn't work after the recent patch. I load the patcher, it changes my status to D3 in game, but then it reverts to "Online" status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom