• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Not knowing where to go (dead end), and the shallow waters near the beach were basically badly masked invisible borders, if they honestly expected me to backtrack I needed a run button.

Turn your back to the beach. You will see two paths: the first one is where you came from, you should follow the second one (the one on the right).

Reposting from the last page, can anyone clarify if this will work:
Id like to consolodate my game from my laptop steam install with my desktop steam install. The installs are for the same account just from different PCs with different games installed.

It should work, although you'll need to own the games in your Steam account to play them.

try a couple of games first, boot up steam and see if it works out - it should

yeah i figure ill have to try to copy a few games at a time and boot each one so steam DLs any missing data and installs the registry parts and all that. Will report back upon completion.

thank you

Orcs Must Die 2 is kind of unstable, most of my play sessions have ended with it crashing. It's always at the end of a level on the mission select screen so I've never lost any progress but it's pretty consistent.

Hinomura

Chacranajxy wrote a nice review for the game in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40049304&postcount=602

I've started practicing Scirra's Construct to develop games because of Konjak (Noitu 2 Love author) public suggestion on his website: http://www.konjak.org/index.php?folder=2&file=6. In a few hours I realized a "single player Pong", in a week both a platform (vaguely insipred to Super Meat Boy but easier and with astonishing 70s graphics!) and an Asteroids clone (without enemy ships). I owe him a big one at least for the fun I have using Construct. :)

That said, if you like 8/16bits action shooters (Contra, Metal Slug, etc), go buy Noitu 2 Love Devolution since it's great!

I had the first "When The Hell Did I Buy This" moment right now.

I was fairly interested in Noitu Love 2 (despite having the worst name ever), and somehow I already own it. Was it part of some bundle?

bigace33

Would Joy2key work well with Noitu Love? I have the game and it's cool, but I hate using the kb/m. Reminds me of Gunstar Heroes.

I'm glad Awesomenauts made it to PC finally.

Would Joy2key work well with Noitu Love? I have the game and it's cool, but I hate using the kb/m. Reminds me of Gunstar Heroes.

Probably but I imagine it would feel awkward. It was really designed with using the mouse in mind and it feels great. I had no issues at all while playing it.

Doopliss

Would anyone like to split an Awesomenauts 3-pack? I don't mind hosting it, although it works out slightly (~9%) more expensive paying in £s than $s.

HoosTrax

What are the three TF2 items you get for buying Awesomenauts?
Hey stop looking at me like that! It's not the only reason I'm considering buying it...

In a year those awesomenaughts tf2 items will be worth over ten dollars. Unless they changed things and you can get the EXACT same item by drop or craft.

Goody

I have such a surging love for Noitu Love 2. It feels very much like a Treasure or Metal Slug game, and the spritework is amazing. I hope everyone who enjoys a good and frenetic side-scrolling action game picks it up.

I played it through on the easiest mode in its entirety right after I bought it. I died so many times (It's really not too hard), and just kept trudging through until the end. It was the closest experience I had to gaming as a kid since I was in grade school.

Doopliss

Awesomenauts 3-pack, £4.66 each:

1. Doopliss [host, unless you're US based and wish to, which would make it slightly cheaper]
2. BioHazard
3. ___________ (this could be you!)

dot

I have such a surging love for Noitu Love 2. It feels very much like a Treasure or Metal Slug game, and the spritework is amazing. I hope everyone who enjoys a good and frenetic side-scrolling action game picks it up.

I played it through on the easiest mode in its entirety right after I bought it. I died so many times (It's really not too hard), and just kept trudging through until the end. It was the closest experience I had to gaming as a kid since I was in grade school.

Yes, it's kinda like Megaman X on crack but without the boss powerups. Now that i think of it Xoda's attacks remind me of Zero's (like the air spinning attack move, forgot what that was called).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It really should have been F2P, What I'll say about Awesomenauts. I just can't put money into anymore of these smaller competitive titles, where the userbase dries up after a month or two.

Exuro

Yes, it's kinda like Megaman X on crack but without the boss powerups. Now that i think of it Xoda's attacks remind me of Zero's (like the air spinning attack move, forgot what that was called).
This now has my attention. *Goes to Steam*

TGMIII

In a year those awesomenaughts tf2 items will be worth over ten dollars. Unless they changed things and you can get the EXACT same item by drop or craft.

Some of the pre-order items for games are craftable or drop but not all of them. The items you get from pre-order have a genuine item level where as craftable/dropped versions don't.

As for what the items will be worth in the future depends on if they are obtainable in some other way in the future, how they look, if it's equipable by all classes and if not by which classes. That's one of the reasons why the Severed Max head and earbuds are worth so much.

coopolon

Uh oh. I didn't realize Uplay has cloud save synchronization for games on Steam. I'm pretty sure it just screwed up and downloaded an AC2 save that is hours behind where I really was.

Just a heads up to everyone that they might want to turn off the cloud save synchronization setting in uplay.

Edit: Oh my god. When I turn off cloud sync it won't let me launch the game in uplay, it says it encountered problems launching the game, please make sure it is installed correctly and try again. If trouble persists contact Ubisoft. Turn cloud saves back on, it works again. Turn them off, error again.

Edit 2: Apparently the fix is to start AC2 in safemode. My saves are game and cloud saves are still disabed. Bad bug, but at least it's circumventable!

Petrie

Banned
It really should have been F2P, What I'll say about Awesomenauts. I just can't put money into anymore of these smaller competitive titles, where the userbase dries up after a month or two.

I have to agree. If you're a smaller mostly online title, I just can't get myself to invest anymore. I often won't play for a few months anyways, and the community is usually dead by then.

Does Awesomenauts have controller support? No mention of it on the steam page but I don't see why it wouldn't

Edit: Nevermind, I saw in the other thread that it does

Beat the Decepticon campaign and have started playing the Autobot campaign in War for Cybertron.

I don't really get the complaints about being confused about who or what to shoot. Sure they use generic transformers for the regular cannon fodder but generic Autobots glow red, generic Decepticons glow purple, the enemies types for both are roughly similar, not to the point of confusion, the Autobots and Decepticons both have similar types of generic combatants--cars, jets, brawlers--but they're distinct to each faction with some obvious cosmetic differences. I've never had to drag my reticle across a target to know if they're an enemy or not.

It's a competently done shooter with some really great fan service.

Enco

This.

It sucks when you buy a smaller game and a week or 2 later the community is dead.

Pietepiet

For the Awesomenauts PC players:

Our mini platform fighter ROFLNauts (which we made for the Awesomenauts console release party) is hidden in the PC version. See if you can unlock it ;)

Video of the party version from a couple months ago:
[EDIT]

Sorry guys, had to take the video down until people find the game :p

I'd honestly say no to that. You could try to get a mapping in, but the game relies on quick mouse aiming around the screen, it's just not going to cut it mapping an analog stick to mouse control. Give it a shot if you want, but I just can't imagine that being fun to play, and I'm far from a M&K snob.

Just a heads up, eXceed Collection is finally releasing on Steam tomorrow! Other games from Nyu Media to follow.

https://twitter.com/nyumedia/status/230666674037215232

So I'm always looking for more SHMUPs on the PC...but the presentation on the website actually creeped me out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom