• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantom

Dishonored is now up for pre-order.

header_292x136.jpg

Not available in the UK apparently

Dishonored up for Pre-Purchase: $59.99 "Pre-Purchase Now and receive Arx Fatalis for free plus an additional discount on the Quakecon Bundle!"

I'll see if GreenMan Gaming has a better deal, since they are fixing the payment issues and will do another 20% off once it's fixed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looks like they slashed the base price of the New Vegas DLC from $10 to $5. If New Vegas stuff gets a 75% daily the DLC could be super cheap. People should buy it.

Anyways, I really need to get around to playing Morrowind again but getting it up to speed with my PC is a bitch.

Dishonored pre-ordered. Last games left on my to-buy for the year list are Xcom and Heart of the Swarm.

Is Dishonored a linear scripted thing like BioShock? Or open world like TES and Fallout?

It's a smaller sandbox, kind on par with a Hitman game based off of what I've seen. It's not an open world game but it isn't hyper linear either. There are supposed to be multiple paths to a given goal.

Blizzard

Banned
Ticket to Ride 50% off is the daily.
! That was on my wishlist, and I think it had no discount at all in the summer sale (aside from the bundle I did not want).

I guess I'll get it even though none of the DLC appears to be discounted. Maybe that will go on a future sale.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
$60 is lolz, even from someone who swears by Dark Messiah and its bigass boot shenanigans.

I hope something decent pops up this weekend for me to buy. It's my birthday in a few days and I wanna blow cash on something that doesn't actually suck. So, y'know, not Skyrim, in other words. Gaben pls. :(

Megasoum

Banned
I find it funny that there's people who are still surprised/shocked when they see new PC games at 60$...

It's gonna be the norm sooner rather than later. We're just very lucky to always have a ton of promotions on PC.

It's just like games on XBLA that started at 10$ then moved to 15$ and are now slowly moving to 20$...

That sucks but eh, that's how it goes.

I find it funny that there's people who are still surprised/shocked when they see new PC games at 60$...

It's gonna be the norm sooner rather than later. We're just very lucky to always have a ton of promotions on PC.

It's just like games on XBLA that started at 10$ then moved to 15$ and are now slowly moving to 20$...

Just payed $32 for Dark Souls, feels good, not buying a $60 game day 1 unless I really want it AND it is released the same day as the consoles version.

MRORANGE

um no, it's just large developers trying to enforce this rule for AAA+ games. Most developers still have the sense to price games reasonably.

It's always the same people, Bethesda, Blizzard and Activision. I don't think PC games will get expensive.

EDIT: Add EA to the list too.

Blizzard

Banned
It's always the same people, Bethesda, Blizzard and Activision. I don't think PC games will get expensive.
I agree about these. I never buy from Blizzard or Activision, and the only $60 title I can remember buying in recent years was Skyrim. And that was at release, so there might have been a tiny Steam discount.

I didn't regret Skyrim. For one thing, there's a lot of moddable stuff and community support, and I think that's great. The game is still selling well, as far as I know, without the need for lots of paid DLC. Dawnguard is the first thing I'm aware of that they've charged for.

1-D_FTW

Just means it'll bomb all the quicker and be 15 dollars by the Holiday sale.

*awaits the wrath of Derrick*

MNC

You missed out on New Vegas for $10?

I deliberately didn't buy it because "i was on a budget". so now I have a loophole in my own system :p

Also, It seems fallout NV is now cheaper... If it goes 75% off, it'll be 8 bucks now instead of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom