• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Oh shit. I'll probably pick up Fallout NV and Doom 3 if they're priced super cute...

Yeah, will only pick up the Doom complete pack if it's super kawaii~

Also, the eXceed games are available now. Hopefully these are decent and Steam finally has some STGs that aren't shit. Would be nice!

Petrie

Banned
Looks like they slashed the base price of the New Vegas DLC from $10 to $5. If New Vegas stuff gets a 75% daily the DLC could be super cheap. People should buy it.

Anyways, I really need to get around to playing Morrowind again but getting it up to speed with my PC is a bitch.

$5 GOTY version please.

I deliberately didn't buy it because "i was on a budget". so now I have a loophole in my own system :p

Also, It seems fallout NV is now cheaper... If it goes 75% off, it'll be 8 bucks now instead of 10.
Individual dlc for Fallout: NV is 25% off each. NV itself is only 25% off being $14.99. Fallout:NV was 75% off on the Summer Sale. Same with the Ultimate Edition.

gdt

Hoooooooooooooly shit Cryostasis runs awful. Huuuuuuuuuuuuge stuttering like every 2/3 seconds. And its major stuttering. Plus general low fpsness that shouldnt be there. Any fixes for this?

Is this the reason those UK 4-packs seemed so cheap? They were really something like the equivalent of $50 USD?

Pretty much. Console RRP is £40, has been for years now. Meanwhile, PC gamers still get released for £30, so we'll be talking closer to $45 if you want to compare them. Of course, the magic of the internet means the typical pre-release price is £5 less than RRP. It's really only EA and Activision that try to charge console RRPs on PC games in the UK.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Nice bundle was about to per-ordered Dishonored and get it for $75 but then it said I wouldn't get an extra copy of skyrim (only game I have in bundle), wtf?

Nice bundle was about to per-ordered Dishonored and get it for $75 but then it said I wouldn't get an extra copy of skyrim (only game I have in bundle), wtf?

Welcome to Steam, they don't do duplicate copies of bundle games you own. At least you get the opportunity to pre-order it, it's throwing up "not available in your country" here in the UK for some stupid (and probably related to a certain brick & mortar chain) reason.

For anyone who bought the eXceed games can you give me more details on this:

NOTE: In-game Japanese text will not be displayed correctly unless the OS language is set to 'Japanese'.

I was under the impression everything was translated now.

Koroviev

Hoooooooooooooly shit Cryostasis runs awful. Huuuuuuuuuuuuge stuttering like every 2/3 seconds. And its major stuttering. Plus general low fpsness that shouldnt be there. Any fixes for this?

Isn't the game infamous for having performance issues?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Welcome to Steam, they don't do duplicate copies of bundle games you own. At least you get the opportunity to pre-order it, it's throwing up "not available in your country" here in the UK for some stupid (and probably related to a certain brick & mortar chain) reason.

Ended up just buying Morrowind and Oblivion, hope the Fallouts are 60%ish off later this week, Rage too. Gotta build up my pc library.

Lowering the res is the only thing that helps, even then it's pretty bad, unless you have a 4ghz cpu and a pretty decent nvidia gpu.

gdt

Yeah, nothing I do is getting Cryostasis to run better. In fact, I turn things down and it runs worse haha.

Buy the Quakecon bundle and get 5 TF2 items*

*these items are a year old, randomly drop, can be crafted, one has a set recipe. Buying every item in the TF2 store is cheaper

Wow, that's lame. They could have put some items with Dishonored, at least.

I seriously wish they'd bring dodonpachi to steam. That'd be amazing. And I'd be able to use my arcade stick with it.

Yeah, seeing Cave on Steam would be awesome. Maybe one day.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I was under the impression everything was translated now.
Uh...hmm. I thought this was the case too, then I saw the first eXceed game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207370/

Languages: Japanese

Semblance seems to be dead-set on buying these so maybe they'll chime in on whether it really hasn't been translated.

I seriously wish they'd bring dodonpachi to steam. That'd be amazing. And I'd be able to use my arcade stick with it.
Crimzon Clover would be a much more realistic wish. I hope somebody manages it.

Derrick01

Banned
Why is Empire Total War so much worse than Shogun 2? It's a damn shame too because I like the setting so much more but unless I'm missing something they don't give you nearly as much detail and information as S2.

Is it even possible to play steam games offline? I mean literally offline - no connection at all.

I just did it yesterday when I came home to a mysterious internet outage on a bright sunny day. I was playing Shogun 2 and Fallout New Vegas as easily as if I was online.

MRORANGE

In theory your games will work if you are signed into Steam if your internet suddenly cuts out, the only games that might ahve issues are games with integrated Steamworks multiplayer, but as long as the other games are up to date and you have launched them at least once, most likely they will work.

Game Guru

You know... I wonder why Bethesda hasn't released the first two Elder Scrolls games on Steam. Yeah, I know I can get them for free on their website, but the same could be said for the GTA games, and I have to actually mess with getting DOSBox right for the Elder Scrolls game on Bethesda's website. There should at least be an Elder Scrolls Bundle which would include those two games as well as the others.

iceatcs

Offline mode.

Also some don't really care if Steam is running sometimes, but you have to try that and discover which ones.

I just did it yesterday when I came home to a mysterious internet outage on a bright sunny day. I was playing Shogun 2 and Fallout New Vegas as easily as if I was online.

Damn, it didn't work. I'm out of WiFi range (laptop). Tried to sign in as offline mode but it still require to connect the internet. Didn't matter I have to log-in and leave it open when moving to the out of the range.

Smoke n' play ;P

Smash88

Banned
Why is Empire Total War so much worse than Shogun 2? It's a damn shame too because I like the setting so much more but unless I'm missing something they don't give you nearly as much detail and information as S2.

Napolean Total War is better.

Also if you like Empire that much you can install the Darth Vader Mod for Empire it just about makes it as perfect as it can get.

Fireblend

Banned
Ugh, I'm about to get to the last (arson) desk in L.A. Noire and finishing it feels like such a chore. At least with that my August target is going to be met soon and I can get to work on Deus Ex: HR. Getting rid of my backlog is proving difficult, but at least I'm gaming lots more.

August: L.A. Noire & Deus Ex: HR
Sept: Deus Ex: HR & Sonic Generations
October: Gemini Rue, Lone Survivor, Sequence, Sword & Sworcery
November: Borderlands, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
December: Alan Wake: American Nightmare & Splinter Cell: Conviction

With that I'll only have like 10 games left, plus whatever I buy during the winter sale (thinking of the original Darksiders and probably Torchlight 2)
KuGsj.gif

gdt

It's most definitely a stupid question that might be answered in the OP, but I have little experience with this. I gave my uncle my (physical) copy of Civ 5 because I've got other things to do currently, can he simply install it on his PC and then play it via my Steam account after I've uninstalled it ?

No. That game is tied to your account. Unless you never played it/activated it.

Rapstah

It's most definitely a stupid question that might be answered in the OP, but I have little experience with this. I gave my uncle my (physical) copy of Civ 5 because I've got other things to do currently, can he simply install it on his PC and then play it via my Steam account after I've uninstalled it ?

Yes, but you can't have two people logged into the same Steam account simultaneously. If he's in Offline Mode, then probably, assuming Civ 5 works in Offline Mode (no reason why not).

EDIT: The crucial point being your Steam account, which I believe the guy above missed.

iceatcs

In theory your games will work if you are signed into Steam if your internet suddenly cuts out, the only games that might ahve issues are games with integrated Steamworks multiplayer, but as long as the other games are up to date and you have launched them at least once, most likely they will work.

Ah, that's explain. I haven't start up steam and yet there is no internet connection.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For anyone who was wondering about the first eXeed and if it was in English or not, all the text in the first eXeed is in English. however the characters speak their dialogue in Japanese as there is no English dub from what I see. Apparently the other two games have English dubs but will have to check later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom