• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quakecon sale spoilers: half off RAGE tomorrow and 66% off Fallout 3/New Vegas and 75% on the Doom and Quake franchise Sunday.
Also, Dawnguard drops some point today.

Petrie

Banned
Just randomly thought I'd check, does anyone have a spare copy from when Alpha Protocol was $2 still? I loved it on 360 and would love to play it again, not just have it sit in my library.

iNvid02

unless your still deep into skyrim and want to play right away its better to wait

general consensus is that its not worth £14/$20 - plus in 2 weeks time some great games are out

Smash88

Banned
Now I see why I failed math.

Still, amazing price.

It is indeed at an amazing price. RAGE has some of the best animations I've ever seen.

$20 lulwat.

I like how like more than half the content was made in a single week. We know it was. They showed us Vampire Skill trees and mystic mounts and enhanced feeding and stuff.

Almost $25 in Europe, so cheap!!!!

This costs more than a MW:DLC pack, granted this will have hours of content, but the price is kinda holding me back.

I'll buy it when it's on sale for $10. I do want to play it, but I can wait a bit.

Yeah, $20 is a bit much for DLC they already had in the pipeline, and I bet the price is that high due to the mega success it has had. I could understand $15 max, but this seems kind of out there.

Also it is a side-story for vampires, with sidequests.

I will wait until Winter Sale.

iNvid02

I'll wait for a sale for Dawnguard. Mainly because the expansion setup seems odd. Some vampire side story?

from what i've heard its similar to the brotherhood, companion, thieves guild quests but with vampires - a few locations/weapons/abilities are thrown in too

i dont think a quest with some extras is worth that price though

Are people really comping at the bit for *more* Skyrim? Like what was there wasn't enough?

I can't even play Skyrim. My game refuses to load interiors as soon as my saves are older than 50 hours or so. I got to problem on one save, started a new save and 50 hours or so in, the same bug happened.

So I either enjoy all of Skyrim's beautiful exteriors, start a new save every 50 hours, or just stop playing. I opted to stop playing.

HoosTrax

Wow the PS3 people got the short end of the Skyrim stick again. I guess it's hard to blame them for despising BGS at this point.

Is there any .ini or .cfg or hack anywhere to make the zoom bar more powerful, I wan't to zoom in about twice as far and have like 6 columns instead of 3 maximum. I'm going to try now.

Anyone have any idea how long the dlc is? I'm guessing probably not as long as the Shivering Isles was?

I hear it's 15-20 hours. I'm not thrilled about the price either, but Skyrim managed to captivate me like no game had done in years, so I went ahead and bought the DLC anyway.

DSmalls84

I hear it's 15-20 hours. I'm not thrilled about the price either, but Skyrim managed to captivate me like no game had done in years, so I went ahead and bought the DLC anyway.

I will probably still get it, but I was totally expecting a $15 price tag. Kind of made me sit and think about it for a few minutes.

Tukker

Can't afford it sadly, summer sales drained me totally dry. I Was hoping it would be 10 or less but alas. It's funny to see its top seller right away :D

Blizzard

Banned
Next, GIMP will appear on Steam!
I use the GIMP in Windows; that's nothing super unusual. What's weird is how a distribution would even work, unless they let you start a Linux installation from Windows (partitioning etc.), or unless they let you run a virtual machine. Plus I thought Valve was starting with Ubuntu, so it's kind of odd all around and I kind of wondered if there's a game called SUSE as well.

The full registry name is SUSE Dev Comp, so it's most likely referring to the team behind the distro. I don't remember a piece of software having the Dev Comp part in the registry. It's mainly for the companies behind the software.

Went ahead and pre-purchased Dishonored, $60.....but at least it's something different. So far I have got.

Dark Souls August 24: Check
Borderlands 2, Sept. 18: Check
Torchlight 2, Sept...:Check
Dishonored Oct. 8:Check
X-Com Enemy Unknown Oct.9: Pre-purchase soon....
Assassin Creed 3: Maybe

Think I'm set for the year.

Smash88

Banned
Went ahead and pre-purchased Dishonored, $60.....but at least it's something different. So far I have got.

Dark Souls August 24: Check
Borderlands 2, Sept. 18: Check
Torchlight 2, Sept...:Check
Dishonored Oct. 8:Check
X-Com Enemy Unknown Oct.9: Pre-purchase soon....
Assassin Creed 3: Maybe

Think I'm set for the year.

I'm sure Green Man Gaming or some site would have Dishonored at some discount.

No point in really pre-purchasing games at full price anymore.

gdt

So far, I got:

Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs
Dark Souls

I'll definitely pick up Dishonored and Hitman when they hit GMG. ACIII too when it hits Steam.

I'm sure Green Man Gaming or some site would have Dishonored at some discount.

No point in really pre-purchasing games at full price anymore.

I know. Already had the money in my Steam wallet. GMG still doesn't work for me.

gdt said:
I'll definitely pick up Dishonored and Hitman when they hit GMG. ACIII too when it hits Steam.

GMG has Hitman for $45 and they will be reissuing the 20% coupon soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom