• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

Until I started having problems with my CC and a purchase, which cropped up for a lot of people around the Steam sale it seems., I've had nothing but good experiences with GMG.

Megasoum

Banned
Until I started having problems with my CC and a purchase, which cropped up for a lot of people around the Steam sale it seems., I've had nothing but good experiences with GMG.

Yeah, that's why I always use Paypal (and most of the time paypal takes the money from my bank account directly) when I buy on GMG since banks don't like it when you buy stuff with your CC oversea.

lol I just got my alienware mx17 and it is below the minimum recommended settings for alanwake 1900x1080 :(

16gb ram
geforce 660m
quadcore something rather

Lets try 720p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BURNOUT GAF

Burnout gathering on now. So far, we got 4 or so.

Well, 2 have commits, others haven't replied. 3 spots out of 8 so far. HOP ON!

Derrick01

Banned
How has everyone's experiences been with pre purchasing games from sites such as green man gaming etc? I have a fear of pre purchasing the game and the site not receiving codes at the correct time.

I've heard it happen with some games but the 3 games that I bought from GMG they gave the codes out usually a few days before release. I have sleeping dogs currently preordered and I'm sure I'll end up getting borderlands 2 and dishonored there too due to their deals. We'll see how it goes this year with the keys.

Smash88

Banned
God this hurts so much.

EA refuses to give me any clue of what account my cd-key to burnout is tied to, and Steam/Valve refuses to let me repurchase the game as it is tied to my Steam account, somehow?

It doesn't make sense, Steam/Valve is telling me even if I repurchase that I will not get a new cd-key? I don't get that at all.

Now I'll never be able to play Burnout Paradise again, sigh.

Trancos

No I use a credit card with an Australian Billing address, always have. But I do change the Billing country to "US" in the checkout. (That's the worst bit I suppose...)

I do buy direct from the ?cc=us website in my browser without a proxy.

I'm from QLD Australia, and the standard steam website (steam.powered.com) has always shown US prices for me, and I've been able to buy at those prices (but the steam app on my phone displays the correct AU price tags). I thought at first that it had something to do with using the uni network but it also happens when I'm at home.

God this hurts so much.

EA refuses to give me any clue of what account my cd-key to burnout is tied to, and Steam/Valve refuses to let me repurchase the game as it is tied to my Steam account, somehow?

It doesn't make sense, Steam/Valve is telling me even if I repurchase that I will not get a new cd-key? I don't get that at all.

Why don't you just sign into either account and see?

Is there another post to this with more context on your problem?

HoosTrax

God this hurts so much.

I don't understand the problem. Why do you need to know your EA account to play Burnout Paradise? The login is optional.

Smash88

Banned
I don't understand the problem. Why do you need to know your EA account to play Burnout Paradise? The login is optional.

Can't play online, unless you are logged in. The whole fun of the game is playing with friends.

Why don't you just sign into either account and see?

Is there another post to this with more context on your problem?

You cannot sign into any other account than the one the cd-key is registered to, which is some other account where I don't remember the details as I used it over one year ago.

I now have no clue what account was used, and can no longer log in.

Can't play online, unless you are logged in. The whole fun of the game is playing with friends.

You cannot sign into any other account than the one the cd-key is registered to, which is some other account where I don't remember the details as I used it over one year ago.

I now have no clue what account was used, and can no longer log in.

So you're complaining about how you lost your login info.

I hate ea's stupid login bullshit, you can find me complaining about it earlier in this very thread, but you do share some of the blame here.

Smash88

Banned
So you're complaining about how you lost your login info.

I hate ea's stupid login bullshit, you can find me complaining about it earlier in this very thread, but you do share some of the blame here.

I'm not saying it's not my fault.

That's why I told Steam support that I would gladly purchase the game again.

Honestly you might have more luck going from the origin side of things. I hear their support is pretty good. Since it's ea account it has that friends list instead of steam so it would be pretty much the same. It should already be attached to that account. I'd just search through all your emails you might have used to get any clue which it might be attached to.

derExperte

Maybe I'm missing something but if you're willing to pay for it again why not buy it through your Origin account that doesn't have Paradise on it? Won't be on Steam but you'll be able to play online again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Honestly you might have more luck going from the origin side of things. I hear their support is pretty good. Since it's ea account it has that friends list instead of steam so it would be pretty much the same. It should already be attached to that account. I'd just search through all your emails you might have used to get any clue which it might be attached to.

Judging from what I've read here on GAF, Origin's CS can be good, but it's entirely dependent on who you happen to get -- some people have found themselves banging their hands against the wall trying to get an EA key that Origin itself doesn't recognise manually registered to their account, whereas others have had this over and done with in a matter of minutes, no questions asked.

Say what you want about Steam Support, but at least its awfulness is consistent. :p

Prey's an almost definite no at this point, but the retail CD keys register on Steam and still are easily available in the UK at least. Dunno about Sacred 2.

Yeah, anybody after Prey should just import a copy from Zavvi/The Hut. It's strange that 2K is still publishing retail copies yet won't resupply DD services with keys.

Smash88

Banned
Maybe I'm missing something but if you're willing to pay for it again why not buy it through your Origin account that doesn't have Paradise on it? Won't be on Steam but you'll be able to play online again.

I registered the key I have on Steam on Origin already.

I did, they can only tell me it is some gmail account. I checked the 3 gmail accounts that I know of.

The one it is tied to right now, who knows.

I guess this game is lost to the wind, never to played again as no one can help me. (In terms of usefulness, which is online for me.)

JaseC

The Quakecon sale is so dull; Bethesda doesn't exactly have an extensive or varied catalogue. I suppose I'll snap up Brink and Hunted if they go for ~$5 or less.

Smash88

Banned
The Quakecon sale is so dull; Bethesda doesn't exactly have an extensive or varied catalogue. I suppose I'll snap up Brink and Hunted if they go for ~$5 or less.

JaseC I know you buy like every game in existence, but please keep Brink from your catalogue, do not stain it.

Blizzard

Banned
I respectfully advise against Brink. It is one of the very few games -- maybe 2 or 3 -- out of hundreds I have on Steam that I regret buying. I didn't really like the graphical style, it looks ugly ingame, maps are confusing, I seem to recall controls feeling janky, performance was pretty awful, there didn't seem to be much map variety, and singleplayer was pretty crappy (just multiplayer with bots or something like that).

*edit* Multiplayer may be deserted now, too.

feel

Have these "Looking to..." statuses always been there?

ibpjI6J6UimLK9.jpg

JaseC

JaseC I know you buy like every game in existence, but please keep Brink from your catalogue, do not stain it.

Do you mean to imply that Brink is worse than Bad Rats? :eek:

Have these "Looking to..." statuses always been there?

ibpjI6J6UimLK9.jpg

They're new, having been introduced with the client beta a little while back and rolled out with the most recent (stable) client update.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My day one purchase at 60$ was my purchase of the year. More than 150 hours already. Got a lot more enjoyment out of it than a lot of other games that cost 50.

I really want to smash a shovel to people's heads when they use hours played for justification.

Blizzard

Banned
I really want to smash a shovel to people's heads when they use hours played for justification.
The random urge for physical violence because of a video game is kind of creepy, but even aside from that, what is wrong with considering hours played and playtime?

If someone only purchases a few games but gets many hours of enjoyment out of them, isn't that a lot of entertainment hours per dollar? You pay $X for Y hours of movie, it's just an entertainment transaction.

Some games have replay value, some games have long playtime value. It's something that people presumably take into consideration, and it has value to some people.

JaseC

I respectfully advise against Brink. It is one of the very few games -- maybe 2 or 3 -- out of hundreds I have on Steam that I regret buying. I didn't really like the graphical style, it looks ugly ingame, maps are confusing, I seem to recall controls feeling janky, performance was pretty awful, there didn't seem to be much map variety, and singleplayer was pretty crappy (just multiplayer with bots or something like that).

...but it would be so cheap!

*edit* Multiplayer may be deserted now, too.

Dead as a doornail:

SZ64g.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The random urge for physical violence because of a video game is kind of creepy, but even aside from that, what is wrong with considering hours played and playtime?

If someone only purchases a few games but gets many hours of enjoyment out of them, isn't that a lot of entertainment hours per dollar? You pay $X for Y hours of movie, it's just an entertainment transaction.

Some games have replay value, some games have long playtime value. It's something that people presumably take into consideration, and it has value to some people.

That's more of a typical off-comment regarding physical abuse, you know kinda like "I wanna smack someone's face because x".

And to me it is used somehow as something objective. People forget that carrot and stick set-up devs use to "extend" game time, after all, the "I'll keep playing this game because I might get something out of it, regardless whether it sucks" mentality.

Yes I know this reasoning becomes "you're trying to define fun", but at the same time people can be "fooled" into thinking what fun is, especially with that approach above.

wut

Did the prices shift a little bit during the day? I thought Oblivion GOTY was 6.50 earlier.

EDIT - never mind, I didn't realize there was a distinction between GOTY and GOTY deluxe. lol

So far the Dawnguard quest seems like the Rebellion questline, you get introduced to two factions but it's an either or situation, you choose between the Dawnguard and the Vampires as you would the Empire and the Stormcloaks. I've been to two new locations but they're just the main base for each faction, the areas weren't particularly large. They have access points on the borders of the world, the Dawnguard fortress is near Riften while the vampire fortress is sort of near Solitude. A few new dungeons and areas have been added integrated into the existing world, just the standard fare you'd stumble across in the open world. I've only seen one of the new enemy types so far, the Dawnguard give you a crossbow almost immediately (don't use it since my character is geared towards melee combat) and you can become a vampire pretty quick, if you want to. So while there isn't a whole lot of new added to the overall world they at least throw the newer mechanics at you pretty quickly. Since I completed the Companions questline I've decided to not become a vampire, even though that wouldn't have prevented me from becoming one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom