• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

The Behemoth (developer sub) got added to the registry today. They are the guys behind Castle Crashers, and the new BattleBlock Theater. I wonder when we'll see them on Steam.

Would double dip on Castle Crashers, wouldn't be suprised if it was just BattleBlock though.

Yeah, what IS the difference between the Fallout games on GOG and the ones on Steam? I've got the GOG version of Fallout from their giveaway and it works just fine on my laptop.
GoG Fallout is completely DRM free. I have that version too. Download it, back it up. If GoG ever bites the dust or locks you out(lol not happening). Your copy is still playable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GoG Fallout is completely DRM free. I have that version too. Download it, back it up. If GoG ever bites the dust or locks you out(lol not happening). Your copy is still playable.

I think he meant like compatibility-wise and actual modification to the game files. Not the super obvious.

I enjoy worms reloaded with friends, and some dlc pack r good.
I not a pro worms player

Reloaded is fun, still don't think it's as good as the earlier ones (Armageddon) but if you've never played Worms before I'd say Reloaded is a good starting point

Thanks, I may get this. Last time I played a Worms game was like 5 years ago and for 10 minutes. It looks like a good oportunity to finally try this.

Game Guru

Well, I kinda figured that! I'm well aware that Steam's DRM. Stallion Free's right in that I meant compatibility-wise, not the super obvious "Steam is DRM, while GOG is DRM-Free" bit. Looking at my Steam library, I actually only have two games that are available on GOG that I don't have a DRM-Free version of... Unreal Tournament and Syberia 1, both of which I got for an extremely cheap price. I do have the Geneforce Saga, Psychonauts, and the two 2D Oddworld games on Steam, but since I've got them in Indie Bundles, I have the DRM-Free versions as well. I also have Postal 2 Complete on Desura, which I think is DRM-Free, but I'm not completely sure about that.

So yeah, I do know of the virtue of having DRM-Free games... I just won't go out of my way to avoid a great deal on Steam. I think I've said this many times already, but my feelings are that if a game must have DRM, it should have Steam's. All things being equal, I will get the DRM-Free version of a game before even a Steam version.

HoosTrax

I'd get in on a 4 pack if someone hosts.
I'm amused that you think you'd be able to round up 3 other suckers to get in on that deal. I vaguely remember playing this game when it was still a free UT3 mod...I can think of at least 3 other zombie co-op shooters that'd be more worth your time.

Everyone who loves p'n'c adventures should buy this, especially for a very reasonable price like that.

Have you played it already? Would be nice to get somewhat detailed impressions if you have.

I kind of want to get it but I just bought the Unwritten Tales the other day which I'm planning to play after I wrap up a couple of games I'm going through right now. Probably going to wait for a sale on Deponia.

Getting a GTA III feel from the caricatures. Love it. Feel like I should finish Yakuza before I buy another Japan urban asian city simulator

Sysgen

I'm amused that you think you'd be able to round up 3 other suckers to get in on that deal. I vaguely remember playing this game when it was still a free UT3 mod...I can think of at least 3 other zombie co-op shooters that'd be more worth your time.

That's insulting. Just based on the Youtube vid the game looks cool, so really for $3 and change you needed to flex your superiority?

Joe Molotov

Sleeping dogs OT is up, if you get it on Steam before the release date you get the Triad Bundle for TF2 which costs $19.99/£15.99 - of course you can craft them or get them at drops.

ibc49vRWaCOBGA.gif

It's in 3D wooooaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

HoosTrax

That's insulting. Just based on the Youtube vid the game looks cool, so really for $3 and change you needed to flex your superiority?
4 people wasting their money on a game with a dead community is worse than 1 person. I probably came off too abrasive, but I think I'd be a little annoyed if I were considering getting in on the 4-pack without the prior experience I've had with that game, and no one warned me about the sort of defunct state of the game.

I'll try to put it in less offensive terms next time :p

Derrick01

Banned
Dawnguard- #1 in sales since it came out

Dishonored- Barely in the top 20.

Why do people have such shit taste? The master race is supposed to be better than this!

HoosTrax

Why do people have such shit taste? The master race is supposed to be better than this!
It's $59.99 -- master race is better than that!

I usually don't pre-order digital games this early unless there's a major limited time discount etc.

Also, no hats.

Just finished Witcher 2...holy shite GAF, what a game. What am I going to play from my backlog now? I think I feel like a decent FPS, might give RAGE a go?

Console tax, no pre-order discount and no pre-order bonus. Oh, sorry, they give you Arx Fatalis, the Steam version doesn't work or didn't last time I installed it.

Derrick01

Banned
It's $59.99 -- master race is better than that!

I usually don't pre-order digital games this early unless there's a major limited time discount etc.

Also, no hats.

Hats are dumb. Master race is dropping the ball by continuing to support skyrim over better stuff.

DTKT

Hats are dumb. Master race is dropping the ball by continuing to support skyrim over better stuff.

You are so bitter. There is literally no guarantee that Dishonored will be any good. I'm extremely skeptical of the AI and the variations in missions. That's not even mentioning the story.

Derrick01

Banned
You are so bitter. There is literally no guarantee that Dishonored will be any good. I'm extremely skeptical of the AI and the variations in missions. That's not even mentioning the story.

Maybe.

It can't be worse than Skyrim though. That's almost impossible!

xJavonta

Banned

Probably because most people have Skyrim already, and this is only $20 as opposed to $60.
Doesn't mean they have "shit taste".

I have Dishonored pre-ordered

Derrick01

Banned
Guess I need to learn to convey tongue in cheek moments better. I don't even have dishonored preordered yet since I'm waiting for GMG to wake the hell up and put it on their store.

But really though...dawnguard #1? Eww.

Dizzy-4U

I can't install GRID for some reason. It says connection timeout and it's the only game in my library that does that.

Can anyone with the game try to install it, please?

Fireblend

Banned
Huh, so Darksiders has no graphic settings at all? Aren't there any files I can modify or mods I can play with to get it to look nicer, or is this as good as it's going to look on my PC?

Derrick01

Banned
It ain't easy having standards that make you hate indie games and big budget games.

Hey there's still plenty I'm looking forward to playing for the rest of this year and next year, all big budget games too (probably?). It's just the dumbed down ultra casual stuff like Skyrim that I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom