• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have be exactly like L4D or anything, I just really enjoy a good co-op experience :p

If you've got 3 buds to play it with, you'll have a blast. It doesn't have the polish of something like a Left 4 Dead, but it does some cool things and keeps itself pretty fresh.

Koroviev

If you've got 3 buds to play it with, you'll have a blast. It doesn't have the polish of something like a Left 4 Dead, but it does some cool things and keeps itself pretty fresh.

Well, I already have one person who wants to play it (he already has it). Just need to track down two more chums...or 3 for a 4-pack.

zkylon

zkylewd
It doesn't have be exactly like L4D or anything, I just really enjoy a good co-op experience :p
Game's kinda rough and has some annoying things about it but the goods overweight the bads and when you pull a perfect heist it's brilliant. (I'll be forever a PAYDAY apologist :p)

tjohn86

Game's kinda rough and has some annoying things about it but the goods overweight the bads and when you pull a perfect heist it's brilliant. (I'll be forever a PAYDAY apologist :p)

My biggest problem with payday is that the pacing seems way off. Something about how they throw waves at your is just.. wrong.

I'm down for payday. Already own it thanks to a generous gafer, so hit me up a request to play. I've been on it a lot and would like to work with a good team.

HoosTrax

Another god game from Ubisoft...I wonder if this one has uPlay. I still have yet to get From Dust.

The reviews are pretty bad though, so I guess no loss if it does have uPlay.

Bastion. I know peoples love them some Ys but for the love of everything good the characters never shut up. 423 lines of dialogue between each scene with such classic lines as...

"Hello!"

and that amazing, emotional

"..."

I know there's a great game under all that nonsensical and unnecessary lines of dialogue one has to click through to play the next part of the game but I just couldn't do it. I know, my loss, and I'm probably a bad person. But A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A okay play a bit and then DIALOGUE A-A-A-A-A-A-A aahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Shut up, everyone in Ys world!

But Bastion, Bastion has a good story, beautiful music and atmosphere, really should be played.

Darksiders bored me to tears (bad person, I know), and Binary Domain is in the backlog.

I don't know which Ys game you played but I'm playing the exact one he referred to right now. I'm at the last boss. There is maybe 10 pages worth of dialogue spread out over the entire game. I don't think any dialog scene lasts more than 2 minute ever.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I won King's Bounty: Armored Princess and played it for 13 hours straight... Yeah, it's good.

Is there any way to play it in actual 16:9 rather than 16:10 with black bars?

zkylon

zkylewd
So I won King's Bounty: Armored Princess and played it for 13 hours straight... Yeah, it's good.
Good to see another King's Bounty fan. I've only played the first game, and I'm sorry to say I haven't beated it yet (made the mistake of setting it on hard and realizing of it very late into the game). Should try the third sometime...

feel

Preordered CSGO (sigh.. this feels like such a crappy uneventful launch) and bought CS1.6 just to have it.

Speaking of CS:GO someone should really make a OT about it and explain why it does not have aim down sites and regen. Really terrible that valve cannot get up to modern gaming standards.
I also really missed having my movement speed slashed in half so that I then to feel like I'm moving fast I have to lower my weapon and sway it from side to side while panting.

1-D_FTW

Just finished the original Witcher. God damn! Now that's what I call a vidya game.

When I upgrade the video card, Witcher 2 moves to the top of my list.

So question about Counter-Strike Global Offensive...

So the default is match-making 5v5 but there's the ability to create custom games which allow for increased player count (how many?) and please, please, please tell me there are server lists. Match-making is such shite.

Is there any way to play it in actual 16:9 rather than 16:10 with black bars?

I loved the first game and cant wait to lay AP. Games with FF:Tactics types of turn based combat is one of my favorite genres. Of course it isn't exactly like FFT since it uses units rather than permanent party members.

Somebody here recommended Elven Legacy to me as a game with a similar play style. I haven't gotten to play it yet but I will let you know if it is good.

The release I saw said the mod would continue to be developed along side the stand alone

It would certainly piss off lots of fans if they stopped supporting it.

(for clarification: I meant that I hope people migrate over to the standalone, not that mod development stops altogether)

Sleeping Dogs items have dropped in TF2. I bought the game and got them as soon as I booted up TF2.

The Scout butcher knife is fun, nice mid-range weapon to soften a target up before you run in for a meat shot with the scatter gun. It doesn't have ammo though, it uses a recharge bar, but it's pretty quick. You can throw it long distance if you account for the arc.

Sleeping Dogs items have dropped in TF2. I bought the game and got them as soon as I booted up TF2.

The Scout butcher knife is fun, nice mid-range weapon to soften a target up before you run in for a meat shot with the scatter gun. It doesn't have ammo though, it uses a recharge bar, but it's pretty quick. You can throw it long distance if you account for the arc.

That would look good with the hat that has a cleaver stuck in your head.

MRORANGE

The Huo Long Heatmaker is also a great weapon, but unfair to spy's, considering they will most likely be burnt trying to take out heavy's now.

The red tape recorder is very nice as well.

The Alien Breed games are on sale on Green Man Gaming (75% off only for today).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/alien-deals/

I already have the second game (thanks to Steam) and was thinking about getting the first one. Is it worth it?

I played the demo but I'm not sure about it. Btw, they tried to sell me the game like 10 times while I was playing it :lol

I want Dishonored, but $60.

If it was around $50 I'd definitely buy it, but struggling to justify to myself a $60 digital game purchase. Not to mention games like Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls is coming out at a cheaper price.

Unless of course, they ship the CD keys to Valve via limousines, and that TOTALLY makes sense.

Nabs

If it was around $50 I'd definitely buy it, but struggling to justify to myself a $60 digital game purchase. Not to mention games like Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls is coming out at a cheaper price.

Unless of course, they ship the CD keys to Valve via limousines, and that TOTALLY makes sense.

Just wait it out like the rest of us.

Derrick01

Banned

GMG will be your salvation. And mine, because I'm pretty broke-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom