• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 2 - Bad Rats Daily Deal for next 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid 60$ for Dishonored. I don't know if it will live up to its promise but it looks like a game I would want to play, some of the developers that are working on Dishonored have worked on some other games I've rather enjoyed and it looks like Arkane is going to extra mile with the PC port (by today's standards). That said I don't think Bethesda are doing a whole lot to push the game. 60$ for a brand new IP from a talented but somewhat lesser known developer, no pre-order discount, Arx Fatalis is kind of a niche game and last time I tried to play the Steam version of Arx Fatalis, it didn't even work. Had to find an open source fan patch.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Alien Breed games are on sale on Green Man Gaming (75% off only for today).

http://www.greenmangaming.com/alien-deals/

I already have the second game (thanks to Steam) and was thinking about getting the first one. Is it worth it?

I played the demo but I'm not sure about it. Btw, they tried to sell me the game like 10 times while I was playing it :lol

Stay the fuck away. Games are some of the worst I have ever played. It was goddamn excruciating playing through them in a competition with my friend.

Derrick01

Banned
I decided to spend $60 on it.

The industry need more new IPs, so I figured "I'll support this"

I would have gladly paid $60 for this and only this game but Borderlands 2 convinced me to buy it and I made a deal with a friend to get AC3, so I kind of need GMG to swoop in with a $40 or less deal like they did with BL2.

But Dishonored definitely looks like it'll try as hard as it can to justify that $60. Very unique looking game.

MRORANGE

I would have gladly paid $60 for this and only this game but Borderlands 2 convinced me to buy it and I made a deal with a friend to get AC3, so I kind of need GMG to swoop in with a $40 or less deal like they did with BL2.

But Dishonored definitely looks like it'll try as hard as it can to justify that $60. Very unique looking game.

But you just complained a few pages ago that Dishonored wasn't even on the top of Steam charts because people had shit taste and yet you have not gotten the game yourself :eek:

Derrick01

Banned
But you just complained a few pages ago that Dishonored wasn't even on the top of Steam charts because people had shit taste and yet you have not gotten the game yourself :eek:

Derrick01 said:
Guess I need to learn to convey tongue in cheek moments better. I don't even have dishonored preordered yet since I'm waiting for GMG to wake the hell up and put it on their store

I decided to spend $60 on it.

The industry need more new IPs, so I figured "I'll support this"

I paid 60$ for Dishonored. I don't know if it will live up to its promise but it looks like a game I would want to play, some of the developers that are working on Dishonored have worked on some other games I've rather enjoyed and it looks like Arkane is going to extra mile with the PC port (by today's standards). That said I don't think Bethesda are doing a whole lot to push the game. 60$ for a brand new IP from a talented but somewhat lesser known developer, no pre-order discount, Arx Fatalis is kind of a niche game and last time I tried to play the Steam version of Arx Fatalis, it didn't even work. Had to find an open source fan patch.

I agree completely that the industry needs more new IPs. I just don't agree with the price point. It would make sense if it was a physical copy, and you have to factor in packaging, shipping etc.

But this is a digital copy. So in my opinion it should be a bit less.

zkylon

zkylewd
What mods should I use with Fallout 2?

Any mods like FWE or Project Nevada?
I haven't really gotten into modding FO2, other than the Restoration Mod, which adds a couple cut locations, NPCs, etc. It's pretty good, if a little rough. I personally didn't really care for the EPA and the Abyss, but they did put a lot of work into them and it shows, and it's always cool to play cut content.

Here's a link: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dl..._id=1097&sid=9287e80a2be7f9db142bc2e7a33bb6b9

NMA has some other mods, but I couldn't vouch for any of them.

lol still you're being critical of people not supporting the game while you're just waiting on getting a better deal elsewhere, instead of supporting the devs with the full 60 bucks. I'm not judging, I'm doing the same thing, but it's a little hypocritical, dontcha think?

Stay the fuck away. Games are some of the worst I have ever played. It was goddamn excruciating playing through them in a competition with my friend.

Bought the first one in a two-pack on a whim. Was pretty shit. Got 2 and 3 for free later. Don't remember how exactly, I think I won 2 during a Summer Sale. Knew they were probably shit as well but I also knew I had to own them. Hooray for OCD, I guess.

Derrick01

Banned
Still you post isn't exactly filling me with confidence about the game, compared to something that's been selling like hotbuns.

If you could get if it of GMG and had a choice of Dishonoured of BL2 which one would you go for?

Dishonored. I don't know if you've been following the threads we've had but I'm basically the #1 fangirl of that game. The amount of options and freedom it looks like it will give us in every level is too much for me to resist. I just didn't think it was going up for preorder so soon, it basically went up a few days after I bought BL2 during that GMG deal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why not just play Alien Swarm instead?
Sometimes people feel obligated to play the games they paid for. Then they challenge their friends to also complete said games. We came out stronger men, I will say that. Also, every other game just seemed better overall afterwards.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Dishonored. I don't know if you've been following the threads we've had but I'm basically the #1 fangirl of that game. The amount of options and freedom it looks like it will give us in every level is too much for me to resist. I just didn't think it was going up for preorder so soon, it basically went up a few days after I bought BL2 during that GMG deal.
Dishonored to be the biggest bomb of the year, confirmed.

A shame, it looks really good.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sometimes people feel obligated to play the games they paid for. Then they challenge their friends to also complete said games. We came out stronger men, I will say that. Also, every other game just seemed better overall afterwards.

Bad Rats Syndrome

Honestly, I want to play Tera and I do enjoy the game. But I just can't get into it. I think I'm done with Pay to Play MMOs. It feels like a chore where I want to complete it as quick as possible, rather than just enjoy it.

I'll be picking up Dishonored for that 20-30 during Christmas. I really do like the game and maybe GMG will come through with a nice pre-order bonus. But really, fuck paying 60$ for it and with no real pre-order incentive.

I'm all for new IPs and Dishonored looks awesome.

But I'm also for saving money and a higher account balance looks even better.

GMG deal it is. They'll make their money back with console tax and retailer exclusive DLC bullshit, I'm sure.

Bad Rats Syndrome

Honestly, I want to play Tera and I do enjoy the game. But I just can't get into it. I think I'm done with Pay to Play MMOs. It feels like a chore where I want to complete it as quick as possible, rather than just enjoy it.

Guild Wars 2. The main reason I want it is that I won't feel obligated to actually play it if I don't feel like playing it.

About 3 hours into Alan Wake. Thanks to whoever (I'm sure it was a thousand people but whatever) said to turn off the hud. It's so much better. And I don't know how the hell you could get lost so bad you'd need a dot to show you where to go.

I love everything about it so far. Except the shooting... which is sadly like 70% of the game so far :/ (might be an exaggeration, but it's too much regardless)

The only thing I feel like I'm missing out with the hud is I'm worried I'm going to run out of batteries. And is there a difference between lithium and normal batteries? They just last longer?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Guild Wars 2. The main reason I want it is that I won't feel obligated to actually play it if I don't feel like playing it.

I'm interested in quite a few F2P titles. My three most played games this generation(One turned F2P), are League of Legends, Tribes Ascend, and Team Fortress 2. I just don't really want that, "I have to get all of this done before month expires" feeling.

Its the same with upcoming titles too.

Mechwarrior Online
Hawken
Planetside 2(Already confirmed to be on Steam, so I'll just wait it out)

That F2P just solves everything for me.

Salsa

at the end of the day, Dishonored is where I'd place all my money for game of the year. Easily my most awaited game of 2012.

XCOM follows, and they both come out on the same day D:

xJavonta

Banned
I agree completely that the industry needs more new IPs. I just don't agree with the price point. It would make sense if it was a physical copy, and you have to factor in packaging, shipping etc.

But this is a digital copy. So in my opinion it should be a bit less.
I preordered the physical copy.

Still I do see where you're coming from. New releases on Steam should be around $45-$50

I'm happy to pay $60 to suppor...

capturekpkjg.png

Yeah might wait.

Salsa

Thought I heard something about the game being stripped down compared to the xbox version.

all I know is that the standalone expansion (is it a full on sequel?) is not available for PC (yet) and it's supposedly a much better game.

Smash88

Banned
Be nice if they patched the audio problems on XP and optimized it better.

Performance improvements

This patch includes improvements to the audio engine that fix performance problems with the game’s framerate, particularly for users running Windows XP. Optimizations to particle effect rendering have also been made.

Oh look, I read the link!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anybody find the (recent?) trend of devs/pubs not putting recent DLC on sale when the game itself (and, if applicable, other DLC) is on sale weird? Using Payday as an example, the DLC may have been released just today, but nobody is going to pay $10 for it when the base game can be had for less than half that.

Does anybody find the (recent?) trend of devs/pubs not putting recent DLC on sale when the game itself (and, if applicable, other DLC) is on sale weird? Using Payday as an example, the DLC may have been released just today, but nobody is going to pay $10 for it when the base game can be had for less than half that.

I was just thinking that exact same thing when I came across the Payday situation, so yes.

camerooni

Neo Member

I think they're hoping you'll go 'well the base game is so cheap.. if i buy the base game AND the DLC it's still cheaper than the game on it's own normally.. so yeah wth' :D

Card Boy

Banned

I have no issue supporting Overkill with $10 Payday DLC. The free support they have given the game is amazing. They are on the forums always listening to community feedback like the Nation Red developers. I implore people to support them. Having said that i'm sure Amazon will the DLC cheaper than Steam ever would, if not at launch the shortly afterward.

It's only logical. Push the main game in a sale and create demand for the new DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom